Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap reliable radio trigger

• 31-12-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm in the market for a radio trigger/receiver... just want to use it for off-camera flash with my Nikon camera and speedlight. I find i'm using manual flash more often then TTL.... but i'm presuming TTL functionality will be a lot more expensive?

What do people recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Was about to post a very similar question so seems easier to ask it here. I currently shoot a Canon 600D with a 430 EX II speedlite. Finally started playing around with it and using it off camera. After much googling it seems that there is no way to stop the built in flash firing as this is what sends the signal, so my question is the same as above what reasonable trigger could I get. Would like to keep TTL functionality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭ado100

I use a couple of Yongnuo RF-603Ns with my D600. Manual only but never had problem with them and very easy to use. You'll find them on eBay quite cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

ado100 wrote: »
    I use a couple of Yongnuo RF-603Ns with my D600. Manual only but never had problem with them and very easy to use. You'll find them on eBay quite cheap.

Use these also, do exactly what they say on the tin at a bargain price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

If you want to shoot ttl off camera flash these are super but expensive>>>>>
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Yongnuo-YN-622N-TX-TTL-Wireless-Flash-Controller-2PC-YN-622N-Trigger-for-Nikon-/181356162045?pt=UK_Photography_Slaves_Trigger_Systems&hash=item2a39ab6bfd
    There is a Canon version also>>> Yongnuo-YN-622C-TX-TTL-Wireless-Flash-Controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Also a lot of Nikon cameras have built in TTL control for Nikon flashguns using onboard flash to trigger. The onboard flash power can be turned down so as not to contribute to the lighting but still trigger the remote flash in TTL

• Advertisement
Advertisement