Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boring pets

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I have two boring goldfish myself and they're beautiful little scaley babies with magnificant eyes sticking out of both sides of their head

I've a beautiful 12 year tabby cat at home also who scopes up the two boys at certain times. He wants to get them out and do them over. Him deciding how he will attack the two lads before I stop it is about as exciting it gets for my pets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I had sea monkeys when I was younger. They weren't that interesting when the novelty wore off.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

First Up wrote: »
    When the cats decide to take over they will remember their friends. Mine are planning it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

My brother had a pet tarantula when he was 15. Now there was a boring creature. The thing just sat in its box all day. Even when he'd lob in frozen or dried grasshoppers and stuff to feed it, it just sat there. The odd time it did decide to do anything, it'd usually just slowly creep around the place.

Even the time it "escaped", it was found still in his room, just sitting on his desk, doing nothing.

Same with snakes. Friend of mine had a pet snake. I expected a bit of life out of it, but nope. Just lay there, with the evil eyes and the odd flick of the tongue.

Fish are like a carnival compared to spiders and snakes, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Snakes. People who own snakes are weirdos imo. The snakes lie there doing nothing and are creepy as fcuk.

Cue story: "My friends cousin had a snake and it was lieing on the bed beside her" rabble rabble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭conor2469

KKkitty wrote: »
    With my 10 fish they wouldn't know if they were coming or going in that.

Get 10 tanks, imagine the possibilities

Snakes. People who own snakes are weirdos imo. The snakes lie there doing nothing and are creepy as fcuk.

Cue story: "My friends cousin had a snake and it was lieing on the bed beside her" rabble rabble

Bingo. Snakes are grand out in the jungles or whatever. But I would never want to live under the same roof as one. Inconsiderate bastards from what I've heard.

And yeah, the old urban legend doesn't take long to come racing to the surface, does it? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My mate had a little terrapin when we were younger and it disappeared. He told us his dog decided to drink out of the terrapin bowl and somehow swallowed it.

So speculation over terrapingate certainly wasn't boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

That fish on wheels reminds me of a wasp on a string.

Step 1: Catch a wasp in a jam jar
    Step 2: Leave it in the freezer for a few mins to knock the wasp out
    Step 3: Tie string around wasp
    Step 4: Give the wasp some fresh air, in order to come 2
    Step 5: Wasp regains consciousness
    Step 6: Bring your new pet wasp for a leisurely walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

conor2469 wrote: »
    Get 10 tanks, imagine the possibilities

Well I know which one would win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I was never a fan of cats. Didn't actively dislike them like some of the posters around here, but never having had in the Von B household as a child - I didn't really care for them.

My girlfriend is a big fan of cats. I got over my initial concerns and eventually agreed to let one share our lives in our apartment. I'm now a complete convert to the joys of our little feline friends. Clean, affectionate and clever animals. Bogart is incredibly friendly and loyal.

I'm very wary now of people who boast about how much they hate cats. Like their complete inability to understand this most complex and beautiful of creatures is somehow a badge of honour.

I still want an Irish Wolfhound though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I was never a fan of cats. Didn't actively dislike them like some of the posters around here, but never having had in the Von B household as a child - I didn't really care for them.

My girlfriend is a big fan of cats. I got over my initial concerns and eventually agreed to let one share our lives in our apartment. I'm now a complete convert to the joys of our little feline friends. Clean, affectionate and clever animals. Bogart is incredibly friendly and loyal.

I'm very wary now of people who boast about how much they hate cats. Like their complete inability to understand this most complex and beautiful of creatures is somehow a badge of honour.

They are sly animals and act like rodents, they also eat you when you croak it. Enjoy

They are sly animals and act like rodents, they also eat you when you croak it. Enjoy

Irish wolfhounds wouldn't do that haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Can't believe I'm agreeing with one of your posts. :eek:

There's always been people who hate cats, but in the last few years I'm hearing more and more people about much they hate them and how evil they are. It all seems a bit fake, like it's a bandwagon I can't understand why anyone would care enough to join. It's a fecking animal, get a grip.

I'm a dog person. Always have been. I think cats are fine, too.

But I'm a real dog person. My Siberian Husky, Laika, is one of the most loyal and faithful companions I've ever had. He's getting on a bit now, but he's still as playful, energetic and loving as ever. I look back on some of the photos of him when he was still a tiny little ball of fluff. He used to eat my socks and my runners something terrible. I'd feel like going ballistic, but he's look up at me with those big, blue eyes (with the tongue of my favourite Nikes hanging out of his mouth) and just let out that little whimper that he does so well. And I couldn't stay mad. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

syklops wrote: »
    Look everyone! Its a cat person!

look everyone it's a fcuking criptard

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AdFundum

I have rats at the moment. All resues or rehomes. Brilliant pets - smart, interactive, trainable, affectionate - just amazing. Their hands are superb, four fingers and a thumb stub. If rats with opposable thumbs were bred, they would take over the world. Despite the stubs, it's fascinating to watch them manipulate things with their hands. I really enjoy them and am very attached. Unfortuantely, they have a short lifespan.

Cats - we have one at home. I am a bit terrified of them. They have that 'do what I say or I'll eat you in your sleep' look about them.

If I had the space right now - it would be dogs - A resuce lurcher (these guys are always needing homes for some reason) and an Irish Water Spaniel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Reading between the lines, Your missus nagged the fück out of you till she wore you down and you except the inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

KKkitty wrote: »
    What other pets can be deemed as boring?

Cats. They are completely useless, stupid, good for nothing & kill for no reason vermin.

Cats. They are completely useless, stupid, good for nothing & kill for no reason vermin.

They keep rats and mice away so they have their uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Also, cat cuddles and kisses (headbutts) are the best. My cat is a little ball of love and affection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Sinister Pigeon

We in the Irish Pigeon Liberation Organisation(IPLO) would like to put it on the record that cats are Public Enemy No.1.

FREE THE PIGEONS!

End Press Release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

JaseHeath wrote: »
    I'm a dog person. Always have been. I think cats are fine, too.

But I'm a real dog person. My Siberian Husky, Laika, is one of the most loyal and faithful companions I've ever had. He's getting on a bit now, but he's still as playful, energetic and loving as ever. I look back on some of the photos of him when he was still a tiny little ball of fluff. He used to eat my socks and my runners something terrible. I'd feel like going ballistic, but he's look up at me with those big, blue eyes (with the tongue of my favourite Nikes hanging out of his mouth) and just let out that little whimper that he does so well. And I couldn't stay mad. :o

I could have wrote this post.
    My Cocker Spaniel is 15 (today!) and since he was 9 weeks old he's given unconditional love and affection to all of us. He's not so healthy anymore but still manages to get around and do most of the things he always did with the exception of long walks and certain foods that have to be excluded.
    He still loves his cuddles and short walks and you'll always find someones socks buried in one of his beds around the house!
    I got him for my 9th Birthday and I graduated form College a few months ago so he's a piece of me, and us all. To be honest just thinking about that brings it home to me that he may not be with us for a hell of a lot longer.

Advertisement