Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth speaker connects to laptop but will not play -looks for drivers and fails

Options
  • 31-12-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭

I have a TDK A360 bluetooth speaker.

It has connected via bluetooth and played through phones and a dell laptop running vista, so the speakers seems fine.

It will not connect to a laptop - Toshiba satellite C855-1HM ( PSKC8E )
    win 7 64 bit home premium SP1

It detects it and gets the name correct, shows A360, and it seems to be all going OK until it starts looking for drivers. It detects it as a headset, not sure if that's an issue, the other working dell laptop did too and played fine, no volume issues or anything.

There are no drivers on the tdk page for it
    http://support.tdkperformance.com/category/53/0/10/Home-Audio/A360-Wireless-360-Speaker/

Do I need generic ones? or is there some other fix?

I tried uninstalling the bluetooth software and resintalled. I went to device manager and uninstalled bluetooth stuff it got it all back when installed. I let windows do it on its own, and also got the specific on on toshibas site called "bluetooth filter driver package"
    http://www.toshiba.ie/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=IE

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bump...

Still no luck with this. I am wondering if some generic driver might work? there are no other bluetooth devices being used with the laptop, and probably no plan to, so dunno if that makes a difference -i.e. a generic driver might work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

According to your speakers specifications it uses "Bluetooth v2.1 (A2DP profile) with AAC support for high quality audio".

Maybe the bluetooth chipset in your laptop doesn't support the A2DP bluetooth profile.

If you had a cheap usb bluetooth dongle, you might try that instead, if you can disable the onboard bluetooth support.
    I've picked up cheap bluetooth dongles in Eurostore discount store for €1.49, but you'd have to read the packet to see if they
    support bluetooth v2.1 & the A2DP bluetooth profile.

Another idea... check if there's any BIOS/motherboard/chipset updates for your laptop, just in case there was a bug in the bluetooth implementation.

Advertisement