Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco arkeen turing customers away at 20:45 official closing time is 21:00

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

I suppose my support of the OP is on the basis that if they were closing the doors to arriving customers at 845 then that is what should have been published, not 9. How he said it is a different matter of course

According to the fairly biased OP who was started this thread just to bad mouth Tesco. Im sure hes telling the whole truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

What do they do on regular nights coming up to closing time? Is refusing customers 15 mins early standard procedure?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

hardybuck wrote: »
    What do they do on regular nights coming up to closing time? Is refusing customers 15 mins early standard procedure?

Any store I have worked in we would use discretion around closing time, my current store we would pull the shutters around 10mins before we close, if they know exactly what they want we will let them in.. if they just want to browse.. sorry no chance.. we will probably be there for an hour after closing cleaning up and having customers come in last minute only delays us getting out..

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Any store I have worked in we would use discretion around closing time, my current store we would pull the shutters around 10mins before we close, if they know exactly what they want we will let them in.. if they just want to browse.. sorry no chance.. we will probably be there for an hour after closing cleaning up and having customers come in last minute only delays us getting out..

I've worked in retail myself and would have done similar to the above, but was wondering what Tesco do specifically, or if they have a policy.

It would strike me as odd that an operator that big was doing things on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Store closes at 12am, shutter down at 11:45, exit through the mini exit after 11:45. Usually its 12:10 by the time the last transaction is done.

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Store closes at 12am, shutter down at 11:45, exit through the mini exit after 11:45. Usually its 12:10 by the time the last transaction is done.

So they did the same as every other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

hardybuck wrote: »
    I've worked in retail myself and would have done similar to the above, but was wondering what Tesco do specifically, or if they have a policy.

It would strike me as odd that an operator that big was doing things on the fly.

Yeah the difference is my stores have been fashion retail, whereas Tesco would be selling food which people would depend on more than a last minute bargain, saying that heading into any store that is about to close you should expect that the staff are gonna be ambitious to get home, particularly if its closing at an unsociable hour or on a holiday date like new years eve.. as for tesco's own policy, all the texcos in my area are 24hr so they probably aren't used to closing procedures.

ACANDROID wrote: »
    Yeah the difference is my stores have been fashion retail, whereas Tesco would be selling food which people would depend on more than a last minute bargain, saying that heading into any store that is about to close you should expect that the staff are gonna be ambitious to get home, particularly if its closing at an unsociable hour or on a holiday date like new years eve.. as for tesco's own policy, all the texcos in my area are 24hr so they probably aren't used to closing procedures.

Ah yeah you'd want to be decent and not wasting people's time, but I don't think the unsociable hours come into play at all for me. The business and staff all made a decision to be there on the night in question. Being professional they should do no different from any other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I took a break from Boards over the Christmas, can't believe all the fun and big important issues I missed.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

The staff don't make a decision to be there! they're told.

deise08 wrote: »
    The staff don't make a decision to be there! they're told.

Slavery isn't in operation, they have free will.

I agree though, this is boring.

Advertisement