Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Day racing

• 01-01-2015 2:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

1.55 Chel - I like the look of Hunt Ball tomorrow and the 14/1 with Ladbrokes is way over priced. Slight concern Henderson might be aiming him at something else but its a big pot so hopefully this is the one.

2.30 I've been on Ulzana's Raid last time and i love these types that just fight and pull out more. Hard to know how good they are so i'll follow until hes beaten.
    Lads biggest again at 5/1

3.05 - Rock on Ruby. Dont need to say a lot here but 11/4 is crazy. Should be 6/4 shot here.

Singles and a wee treble too cos im a mad bastard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Have backed the second two myself stuck them in a fourfold with Ptit Zig and Southfield Vic.

Hope we win..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mydor in the next at Fairyhouse pal - see tips thread.

Ptit Zig Mydor double.

Should have backed Hunt Ball ew :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Slattsy wrote: »
    Should have backed Hunt Ball ew :(

You would still have lost money :confused:

No.

• Advertisement

No.

How would you have made money backing ew at a small price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

14/1. 1/4 the odds for a place. That's 7/2 for a place. You'd lose the win part but make 3.5 times your money on the place portion of the bet, so profit of 2.5 times the wager.

Thanks Bumper!

That was some gamble on Rolling Maul....33-1 into 10-1

Thanks Bumper!

Figured you were busy collecting cash after the 2pm race so I thought I'd help you out :)

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    14/1. 1/4 the odds for a place. That's 7/2 for a place. You'd lose the win part but make 3.5 times your money on the place portion of the bet, so profit of 2.5 times the wager.

Thanks for explaining. Cracks me up when someone just answers "no". Didn't realise he went off at 14/1 either. If I had realised that I could have worked it out but thanks anyway.

The flat bred Camlann must be the second coming of Christ the way he's being backed for the last at cheltenham. He's up against a few decent looking sorts , including a half brother to wishful thinking but has been backed off the boards.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Thanks for explaining. Cracks me up when someone just answers "no". Didn't realise he went off at 14/1 either. If I had realised that I could have worked it out but thanks anyway.

Price was stated in the OP ;-)

BumperD wrote: »
    The flat bred Camlann must be the second coming of Christ the way he's being backed for the last at cheltenham. He's up against a few decent looking sorts , including a half brother to wishful thinking but has been backed off the boards.

I'm amazed people listen to Shark, he was short of room for a fair way in the straight but got a gap 1f out only 1/2 length down and he wasnt good enough.

Hidden Cyclone must be in pissy form tonight after Shark saying Camlann is the best he has ever trained.

Price was stated in the OP ;-)

He didnt come here to read posts, he only has time to type two letters.

I wouldnt back a Hanlon horse with stolen money, must be the worst trainer in the country.
    Wouldnt surprise me one bit if he was laying all his horses.

That Camlann cost 800 quid and looks very average. I was a little confused by the flood of money given he'd never raced and what he was up against today. Most of those "shark" punts end up being about as successful as the Greeks are at paying their way. I never understand who the hell is throwing their money down the drain but someone must be. Daft stuff really.

Advertisement