Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview Box manual update

• 01-01-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

the box I have has never updated automatically and we always have to bring it back to the shop to get them to manually do the up date. They use a usb key and takes 5 minutes, they don't charge.

is there any site that I can download the updates myself to save the hassle of getting it to the shop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

By update, do you just mean retune, scan for new channels?

Shouldn't be a big job to do this from the tuning/installation menu in the box, even if it's a combi that gets satellite channels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

koppy wrote: »
    the box I have has never updated automatically and we always have to bring it back to the shop to get them to manually do the up date. They use a usb key and takes 5 minutes, they don't charge.

is there any site that I can download the updates myself to save the hassle of getting it to the shop.

If you go to saorview.ie (should give link) or manufacturers website you can download latest software version to your computer and copy to a USB stick. Follow the instructions in the user guide.

For example: http://www.saorview.ie/product/triax/

Maybe check the version you already have via the menu system on your box. I didn't think the software would be updated that often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Menu, settings, auto tune

Or something similar. .

pa990 wrote: »
    Menu, settings, auto tune

If it's a combi, you wouldn't want to be doing a complete rescan of satellite channels, just to get back a few that have moved frequency. You want to be able to find the new frequency & just scan that transponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Its not a combi just the saorview.

Utv Ireland not on it. Tried the manual tune etc . No joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

give the make and model number, makes it easier to figure out.

swoofer wrote: »
    give the make and model number, makes it easier to figure out.

Triax /T2-HD 115 305200

ok you should be able to tune in UTV yourself, press menu on remote and select General, NB You can enter the UHF channel and frequency
    using the 0-9 numeric buttons.

you SHOULD now be able to see Manual Tune. The next few bits mean using the arrow functions like this

1 Press < >to select the desired UHF = < > arrows = 55
    channel.
    2 Press  to select ‘Frequency’ (kHz). = down arrow = 746000
    3 Press / to adjust the frequency. = < >
    4 Press  to select ‘Bandwidth’. = 8MHZ
    5 Press / to adjust the bandwidth.
    6 Press  to select ‘System’. = DVBT or DVBT2 nb you need DVBT2
    7 Press / to select a system.
    8 Press the BLUE button to start scanning for
    the specified channel. If the channel is
    found it will be stored in the Receiver and
    will be available in the channel list and E

If you are not on maghera it will be a different No.

if confused post back

Its not a combi just the saorview.

Utv Ireland not on it. Tried the manual tune etc . No joy

Did you know the right frequency to use for the manual tune? What is your reception of RTE1 like?

Selecting 'First Time Installation' in the Settings menu will initiate an auto scan of all frequencies, if you haven't tried it already.

Tried all the suggestions. .no joy.
    May head into thw shop. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Did you go through all the stations. UTV Ireland appeared at number 28 on my Saorview box when launched even though I thought it was due to be on channel 6.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Did you go through all the stations. UTV Ireland appeared at number 28 on my Saorview box when launched even though I thought it was due to be on channel 6.

Yep. No joy

I don't know why it would find every other service, but not UTV Ireland.

If it is a quirk of the receiver, I'd be looking to get it replaced with something Saorview approved.

There is one last thing you can try before you take it to shop, turn off unplug fromw all, disconnect aerial, wait at least 1 minute, plug into wall, do not plug aerial in, turn on get it to search for channels, it should come up with none found and have no channels in epg. Now power off, plug in aerial, do a search and let us know the result. do it on auto

and you dont say the transmitter you are using??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

swoofer wrote: »
    There is one last thing you can try before you take it to shop, turn off unplug fromw all, disconnect aerial, wait at least 1 minute, plug into wall, do not plug aerial in, turn on get it to search for channels, it should come up with none found and have no channels in epg. Now power off, plug in aerial, do a search and let us know the result. do it on auto

and you dont say the transmitter you are using??

Good point re the Tx.I have had people in the North ask me to tune in to black mountain Tx in Belfast, no UTV Ireland as you would expect.

Advertisement