If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New year spend

Options
  • 01-01-2015 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking at the following:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Panasonic TX47AS650B[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tannoy [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HTS101[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BDP-S5200[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RXV477 [/font]

Sonos Play:1

At the moment the above is working out a bit more than I had expected to spend. Just wondering if there is any way of shaving off a few quid on this by changing to something else? (i have the 477 there instead of the 377 as i was looking for network connectivity)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Bump

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

deejer wrote: »
    Hi there,

Looking at the following:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Panasonic TX47AS650B[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tannoy [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HTS101[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sony BDP-S5200[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RXV477 [/font]

Sonos Play:1

At the moment the above is working out a bit more than I had expected to spend. Just wondering if there is any way of shaving off a few quid on this by changing to something else? (i have the 477 there instead of the 377 as i was looking for network connectivity)

Thanks
    Hi Deejer.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The 47AS650 priced at 799.99 Euro is a cracking price on this screen. There is very little in this price point that would match the Panasonic.
    There is the Samsung 48H6400 priced at 719.99 Euro but is an instore only purchase and can not be shipped and would need collected at the Belfast store.

The Tannoy HTS101 pack was 5 star reviewed in What HiFi and priced at 399.99 Euro. TO change from this you would be going down to something like the Tannoy TXF 5.1 priced at 289.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12034-tfx-51.aspx
    This would not have the same punch as the HTS101 pack.

There is also the Wharfdale DX1 pack priced at 459.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200666-dx1-hcp.aspx

You could also drop down the range in the Bluray player to the 4200 priced at 99.99 Euro, I know it doesn't really knock that much off between the two.

Dropping down from the 477 priced at 299.99 Euro to the 377 does indeed as you say drop out the networking features.  Again not very much at the same price point as the 477.

You could do your system in bits to ensure you are getting the setup that you want instead of settling for less.
    You could even leave the play one until another date or until the homecinema systems is up and running.

I no I'm just repeating a lot things that you have said but there is not really anything else below the setup you are looking at without losing key features that you seem to be after.

Let me know what you think, any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Just wanted to thank the guys at Richersounds for their excellent customer service.

Excellent contact throughout the purchase and delivery process. Finally got everything setup yesterday and really happy with it.

I think ye should seriously consider opening a shop down south because there is definitely a gap in the market. There aren't very many shops with the selection you offer and the shops that are here are only one off shops and therefore aren't able to compete with your purchasing power. Dont get me started on the likes of Harvey Norman and Currys, they can certainly compete on price but nowhere near on Customer Service, and more importantly knowledge on what they are trying to sell.

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

deejer wrote: »
    Just wanted to thank the guys at Richersounds for their excellent customer service.

Excellent contact throughout the purchase and delivery process. Finally got everything setup yesterday and really happy with it.

I think ye should seriously consider opening a shop down south because there is definitely a gap in the market. There aren't very many shops with the selection you offer and the shops that are here are only one off shops and therefore aren't able to compete with your purchasing power. Dont get me started on the likes of Harvey Norman and Currys, they can certainly compete on price but nowhere near on Customer Service, and more importantly knowledge on what they are trying to sell.

Thanks again
    Deejer,

many thanks for the post and the kind words.. its always great to get any feedback, good or bad, but its especially great when a Boardie takes the time to get back to us to say they love their system :)

We would love to open up in the south and we are constantly looking at it but at the moment we are just sticking to the knitting and especially expanding the new dedicated .IE website which we will develop over the next couple of months to include 100's more products - however we would never say never and we will keep our ears to the ground on possible sites in the south,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.