Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Here is to a new year of WINNING!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As the last thread closed, noticed that there was a discussion about signing Falcao.

Was it not reported in the summer that the "loan" deal was one where we HAD to buy him? And presumably since we're now in 2015, we can do so and Monaco get whatever FFP benefits for 2015, not 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    As the last thread closed, noticed that there was a discussion about signing Falcao.

Was it not reported in the summer that the "loan" deal was one where we HAD to buy him? And presumably since we're now in 2015, we can do so and Monaco get whatever FFP benefits for 2015, not 2014?

I was under the impression that we didn't have to buy him, but we basically had first option on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Let's start the new year off with a bang! Stoke aren't what they used to be at home, confident of a result today

Lord TSC wrote: »

Wasn't my understanding of the deal at the time, and kinda makes no sense really does it? Why wouldn't Utd just buy him in the first instance if they HAD to buy him after the year?

Edit - sorry, I kinda stopped reading halfway through your post, you explain why.

• Advertisement

Wasn't my understanding of the deal at the time, and kinda makes no sense really does it? Why wouldn't Utd just buy him in the first instance if they HAD to buy him after the year?

Something to do with it being in Monaco's best interest to have the sale of Rodriguez in 2014, and then the sale of Falcao in 2015, for FFP reasons. I can't remember exact details but I do remember stories about it, and the 40m figure being thrown around at that time in a "loan in name only" manner....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Van Gaal said Falcao wasn't signed permanently because of the injury.

I doubt he'd say that if Utd had a pre agreement to buy him outright in January. I think the story is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Like i said in the previous thread, United would be better of signing Falcao now, instead of waiting until the summer, where no doubt that Real Madrid would be in the hunt for a new striker. (If the Benzema to Liverpool story is to be believed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I thought the Falcao deal was to take him on loan but pay his full wages with the option of making the deal permanent if he proves a success.

Post 10 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Steve Bates @sbates_people · 1h 1 hour ago
    1/2 Team news update for #mufc: Smalling may replace McNair Valencia struggling with knock so Young to rwb and Shaw lwb if he's out ..

2/2 otherwise LVG sticking close to team v Spurs. No word yet on Angel di Maria updates to follow #scfc v #mufc

He posted it 1 hr ago. Worrying that he got all the team line up spot on in last few weeks. Someone is leaking way too early.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Steve Bates @sbates_people · 1h 1 hour ago

He posted it 1 hr ago. Worrying that he got all the team line up spot on in last few weeks. Someone is leaking way too early.

He's been getting team news spot on since the tour in the US.

He was on Sunday Supplement a couple of weeks ago and said he heard Wilson would start v Liverpool. Neil Ashton then remarked ''knowing you, that'll be coming straight from the dressing room'' with a smirk and then he quickly moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Falcao isn't playing well enough to be worth signing yet imo. Also, the partnership with himself and Van Persie hasn't impressed me much at this stage and that's a worry. When he was in his prime his pace and power could have been a good foil for RVP, maybe. But as it is now, we pretty much have two goal poachers playing together and it's not nearly dynamic enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Happy New year to all of you! 2014 was a roller coaster of a year to be a united fan, from signing the special Juan, to a dismal end to the season, to the arrival of the Iron Tulip and the Gaalacticos followed by some ridiculously disjointed performances and one hell of a winning streak! Here's to a successful 2015 - our hearts can't take another year like last year!!

Cheers everyone and Happy New Year!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Happy New Year everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Strange why he dosnt put Raf in there instead??
    Dont thinks LVG is too keen on Raf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Blatter wrote: »
    He's been getting team news spot on since the tour in the US.

He was on Sunday Supplement a couple of weeks ago and said he heard Wilson would start v Liverpool. Neil Ashton then remarked ''knowing you, that'll be coming straight from the dressing room'' with a smirk and then he quickly moved on.

Cough, Wayne Rooney, cough cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought Rafael was pretty poor when he came on against Spurs, looked very rusty and probably wouldn't have been introduced if Valencia hadn't been injured.

Young has been playing pretty well(albeit from the left, he's looked poor on the right) so maybe that swung the decision. Maybe Rafael although fit, isn't really up to speed.

I wouldn't read too much into it yet, especially with five at the back. When it's switched to a back four and Rafael isn't getting picked then I'd worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Because hes rubbish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Because hes rubbish
    I liked you better when you were posting pointless lineups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

From Donnielighto in the last thread:
    "Sorry stepped up is probably better. 5.24 in the clip. I think he was rash moving that quickly."

I don't see it that way at all. He was holding his ground after tracking back, not stepping up/out. He was the first midfielder to get back goal side, so there was no defensive line to step out of. And even if there had been a line of midfielders, one of them has to step up to meet the man with the ball, in order to provide depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Someone on Twitter posted the line up with Cleverley in it. Some people were ****ting their pants and it was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Happy New Year boys and girls, lets get our title back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Have no idea why United are signing Falcao up to a permanent contract so soon....

They have no idea how he is going to perform long term. He hasn't exactly set the world alight yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God, Evans has no right being in the first team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jonny Evans, he's some laugh.

****ing love him

Sign him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Evans is seriously septic.

You know I would actually take Pique and thats saying alot about our CB's

At least Pique can bloody play football. Our CB's are dreadful on the ball

• Advertisement

I've never been, but I hate Stoke's stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Evans is a liability. Always loses every 50-50 ball.

Playing conditions are ****, just can't pass with precision when wind has so much say in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Evans has a more difficult job than the other 2 in fairness. Playing on the left side of a 3 for a right footer isn't the easiest, it's a quasi-left back role the way it's being played. He's good with both feet but other teams have it too easy to get at the left side of United's defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Serious man crush on Falcao. Touch looked a bit sluggish at the start, but he combines the exuberance and constant running of Chico with the predatory instinct of RvN. Really does work his butt off, which is admirable.

Liam O wrote: »
    Evans has a more difficult job than the other 2 in fairness. Playing on the left side of a 3 for a right footer isn't the easiest, it's a quasi-left back role the way it's being played. He's good with both feet but other teams have it too easy to get at the left side of United's defence.

The mistakes he's made have got nothing to do with playing left side of a three.

Just really basic stuff. A conference defender would've dealt better with that high ball that lead to Diouf's chance.

Toxic the match thread is today...

• Advertisement

Falcao off is baffling. Only reason I can think of was to spare him from stokes hatchet men.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Young injured ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rooney having a horror show today as well. His first time playing this bad in a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We have gone a bit backwards lately

I don't think Rooney should be playing midfield now that Herrera is fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lack of chances created away from home is worrying, on the bright side Herrera looked good when he came on

• Advertisement

Christmas fixtures have been a bit of a disaster, combined with our rivals results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Few players looked jaded out there today I thought. hopefully a draw for arsenal will limit the damage of that result.

Disappointing. Dropping stupid points if they want to be champion contenders as they say.

Rooney in midfield is way too hit and miss, usually missing more often than not.
    Januzaj was toxic when he came on.
    The defence aren't up to scratch at all.
    Falcao off while RVP stayed on was frustrating.
    Carrick had a nothing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Another draw. Another injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Two draws from two tricky away fixtures, not the end of the world.

That was pretty bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Is it worth my time watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hopefully we get transfers done quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Time to hit the January sales Louis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That is another really poor result and performance.

Should really ahve been 9 points from Villa, Spurs and Stoke. For all the squads talk of title challenge and credentials, they need to start actually wining games away from home.

Our away form has been nothing short of disgraceful this season

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement