Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Another victory but another shocking display in attack and just like against Sunderland it was heading for a draw until a defensive howler that got us out of jail.

We will be found out in the games against better oposition coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If we get into the top four they may disband the premiership because we are putrid, i want this season over and done with and this parasite gone asap :mad:

Ha ha ha.

In a thread full of lunatic's posts, that one wins first prize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dunno how we managed that 3 points but jesus we are bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Again we have been awful at scoring, but we won which is all important.

Huge improvement is needed in the coming weeks, its all well and good dominating the game but we need to be better at creating and scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus Christ them 3 points are like gold - result is the only thing that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

tumblr_n0yewddtMd1rf8id2o1_400.gif

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Obviously not the sort of win which proves anything.

We need to be more clinical in finishing; Rooney and Young did well on the goal but they could have scored earlier if not for poor finishing. DiMaria needs to get a kick up the ass.

I do stand by the fact the problems lie with players rather than managers, and whatever about defense this summer, I think we need a clincal finisher who will take that one chance a game which crops up.

Yhh I agree but the whole team needs a kick up the ass. I thought tonight was a small bit improvement we created more chances deserved our win at least. A win is a win at this stage ill take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Giggs reaction to LVG's celebration shows a lovely relationship with manager and assistant manager anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Only on this thread could the Di Maria sub be criticised. You have to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I had to laugh at Van Gaal celebrating that goal, Giggs looked píssed and rightly so it's fcuking Newcastle we needed serious luck to scrape a win

We're not getting top 4 are we?

• Advertisement

Giggs reaction to LVG's celebration shows a lovely relationship with manager and assistant manager anyway.
    What happened??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Great tenacity from Rooney there at the end to force the errors. Young took the goal very very well in fairness to him after having quite a poor game. I thought Valencia had one of his better games tonight. Di Maria was still poor but better than the last match, let's hope he can kick on a bit. Herrera was average, as was Blind. DDG was brilliant, as always. I thought we defended quite well, Smalling doing well again.

Overall we deserved the win but that was very ugly at times from us and we made it far more difficult than it needed to be.

Still think Rooney up front is our best option even though he had a tough night tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

irishfeen wrote: »
    What happened??

Have a vine handy and all, pity we can't share them anymore.

Basically raised his fist celebrating and held in there right in Giggs face and Giggs just blankly stared at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

irishfeen wrote: »
    What happened??

Lvg got up in his face with his fist I thought it was a bit of messing about... All the players seemed pretty close to lvg as they were coming off he game them all clap and a hug. Bless him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

For the love of god my nerves can't take this. Terrible from us today. Far too many passes around the back which made it easy for Newcastle to defend.

I can't say that we will get top four, because our play just doesn't look like we will get the wins needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Basically raised his fist celebrating and held in there right in Giggs face and Giggs just blankly stared at him.

pm me it brah.

Michael Carrick coming back could be crucial for the finish to the season. Great to see him come on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We could probably all club together and just buy Di Maria for the boards team at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Van gaals substitutions just wreck my head mata needed to be on way earlier and how falcao or wilson didnt come on boggles the mind.

It was so clear from 60 mins nothing was working

3 precious points. I thought Utd did ok in the first half and should have been ahead. Really poor second half though. The lack of urgency was staggering.

Di Maria was awful, so was Rojo. Young was very poor too although took his goal well. Blind and Herrera were ok, nothing more. Valencia was Valencia. Fellaini played really well and Rooney was my man of the match. Should have scored at least one and sloppy with his finishing but I thoughhis overall play was really good and he did fantastic for the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

qlm4uBz91ZOko.gif

You seriously read that much in to that?

Van Gaal celebrating, Giggs (understandably) looking at bit shell shocked and like myself, happy to have scored (he is out of his seat) but disappointed with the overall cutting edge, again.

It could easily have been Giggs advocating taking Rooney off for Falcao, or taking Young off and Van Gaal disagreeing, then when Rooneys hard work creates the goal and Young shows composure to score the goal he rubs it in his face a bit

"You silly Welsh man, you thought we should take him off?!?! Falcao would not chase that down and create that goal" I am king of all passing"!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone with a weak heart should refrain from watching United for the remainder of the season! Not good for your health people! :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Only on this thread could the Di Maria sub be criticised. You have to laugh.

I also laugh when people are calling for Falcao. Commentators were doing it too. When he's playing, there's calls for him to be dropped and not signed; as soon as he's dropped, there's outrage he's not coming on :pac:

2 losses in 22. For all we're poor (and we are), we're grinding out points. Just not enough quick enough...

Michael Owen is a shockingly bad commentator. The crap he spouts.

Simply not good enough from ADM
    64% - Angel Di Maria completed only 64% of his passes against Newcastle this evening. Mistimed.

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/573227558017347585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I just can't fathom why Carrick was being brought on when we needed a goal. We had two strikers on the bench ffs. Such a strange decision and there is no way giggs would have been happy with that.

Did LVG know we were going to score a jammy goal and brought Carrick on knowing this??!!

sky88 wrote: »
    Van gaals substitutions just wreck my head mata needed to be on way earlier and how falcao or wilson didnt come on boggles the mind.

It was so clear from 60 mins nothing was working

Wilson wasn't on the bench so not mind boggling really.
    Falcao or Mata? I was happy to see Mata come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Watching us tonight

bcs.gif

• Advertisement

I just can't fathom why Carrick was being brought on when we needed a goal. We had two strikers on the bench ffs. Such a strange decision and there is no way giggs would have been happy with that.

Did LVG know we were going to score a jammy goal and brought Carrick on knowing this??!!

Rojo was one foul away from a red card. Its called logic.

Shout out to the man who inexplicably managed to turn popular opinion back in his favour again. Everyone will admit he bailed us out and was as always this season, very very good. (Liam O will claim Young Miss hit the cross or something no doubt) but Ashley Young. Winning his way into our hearts and minds.

This gifs sums up our season

iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

I'm sorry but LVGs reaction, seen here, directed at Giggs after we scored was just awkward and strange.

https://twitter.com/MrAdam_Davies/status/573234661092139008

You can almost read Gigggs mind "Yeah whatever you plonker".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

But we had to win that game. A draw would not have been good enough. A conservative subsitution was at that time when we needed a goal was poor imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

His passing was poor but he created at least 3 chances that I can remember. Pass to Rooney after Coloccini slip, Fellaini's chance which was messed up by young also and a wrong offside call. 2 of those passes (to Fellaini and Rooney's offside goal) was brilliant. Had they scored 1 or 2 from those passes, we would be talking about good performance by Di Maria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Young Mi****

What is it with young and ninja sh1t? :D

Not that unusual from a winger who is trying to create things. Pretty common in fact.

I genuinely believe sometime people don't actually know what a player is like (no matter how much they pretend to have watched him/know about him) until he comes and plays in England, and even at that until he is playing for United from a United fans perspective.

There always seems to be such surprise at a player playing, how he has played basically for his whole career overall. Doing things he has done over his whole career overall. Highlights packages don't show the other 90% of a players game.

Delighted with the team spirit on show again and how close they all seem AND with the manager too. Great to see that anyway, they are at least all in it together even if it isnt quite working properly just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

He could have gone 3 at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

It's written in the stars. We'll get top 4. I'm not worried at all about it now. We are playing disgusting football but in stark contrast to last season, we're generally nicking results. The gods are on our side.

We'll beat Liverpool in the cup too and send Stevie off to the US in tears. It's going to happen and I'll bet any man here that it will.

• Advertisement

People getting right carried away at that LVG/Giggs thing .. Seems as if Giggs is slightly freaked out but LVG is like get in to fcuk ..

Thanks for the PM pal/mate/friend
    WallyGUFC wrote: »
    It's written in the stars. We'll get top 4. I'm not worried at all about it now. We are playing disgusting football but in stark contrast to last season, we're generally nicking results. The gods are on our side.

We'll beat Liverpool in the cup too and send Stevie off to the US in tears. It's going to happen and I'll bet any man here that it will.

Playing the worst football I've seen us play in as long as I can remember. This is probably on par with Moyes ball. But by jove we're ahead of that lot. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

van gaal is a total spoofer, we need a goal and he brings on carrick and leaves falcao on the bench. we will be found out when we play the big boys. Dreading going to anfield, chelsea away as well oh god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

ADM at least tried to create chances today when he got on the ball. Thought he was managing to get into the game a bit better in the second half.

I think we will play better when we play the better teams. They will at least try to attack us rather than sit back and hit us on the counter. Monday will let us know where we are at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I'm going to inject a rare bit of positivity on this thread. If Di Maria doesn't have a brainfart in the first minute and actually shoots, if Fellaini took his sitter of a chance after being played through by Di Maria and if Wayne Rooney isn't wrongly flagged offside, it would have been a very comfortable night.

kryogen wrote: »
    Not that unusual from a winger who is trying to create things. Pretty common in fact.

I genuinely believe sometime people don't actually know what a player is like (no matter how much they pretend to have watched him/know about him) until he comes and plays in England, and even at that until he is playing for United from a United fans perspective.

There always seems to be such surprise at a player playing, how he has played basically for his whole career overall. Doing things he has done over his whole career overall. Highlights packages don't show the other 90% of a players game.

I watch la Liga a lot and was quite aware how hot and cold AMD can be, I posted as much here recently.

Still poor from him, I guess he's on a cold run, even so I can't remember him being this poor for this long in La Liga. The EPL is tougher though so maybe he's going to struggle a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

mcratsix wrote: »
    That's what happens when you play Carrick

He had nothing to do with the goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

thelad95 wrote: »
    I'm going to inject a rare bit of positivity on this thread. If Di Maria doesn't have a brainfart in the first minute and actually shoots, if Fellaini took his sitter of a chance after being played through by Di Maria and if Wayne Rooney isn't wrongly flagged offside, it would have been a very comfortable night.

nothing about the newcastle peno??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

there would be a new river in Merseyside if we got top 4 playing the way we are but I honesty can't see us nicking results until the end of the season

There is a sick part of me that loves these wins.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement