Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I hope Falcao asks LVG why he was taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just looking at the table, Arsenal can close the gap to one point if they win.

We're in serious trouble if away form doesn't improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jones, Evans and Smalling should be made to walk home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is it worth my time watching?

The highlights on match of the day arent worth watching

I just didnt get the jan subsittion at all he was terrible in everything he done. Obiovoys sub was to bring on raf switch young to the left if taking off shaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

MagicIRL wrote: »

Post of the day.

They've been nothing short of toxic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That was torturous.

Strange taking Falcao off but ok, maybe looking after him a bit after his injuries.

I would have definitely taken Mata off for Herrera. When Mata isn't on his game, which has been more often than not in his Utd career so far, he's a liability.

Defending from the opening goal set the tone for the match really. Sloppy sloppy sloppy. Smalling was the best of a bad bunch a n the back three. Evans was embarrassingly bad in the first half especially.

Very disappointing display and feels more like a defeat than a draw. Keeps the run going I suppose. Top four is and always has been the objective. Arsenal will be there at the end of the season so I don't really know who else we are fighting with. Spurs perhaps? Southampton and West Ham will be out of the picture towards the business end.

Hope Shaw is ok. Just want Rafael and Shaw fit so we can get back to a back four and abandon this poxy back three. Also hope against hope that a CB is bought. Two needed IMO, one more certainly needed in January and one in the summer. There's too much at stake not to sign one this upcoming window but I amnt confident we will either.

Oh and Stoke should have had a peno, a stonewaller. Utd really created **** all which is really disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Really poor substitions by LvG. Taking Falcao off when he was our main threat up front and this wasn't the game to throw on an underperforming Januzaj, who has barely played this season, at left wing back.

Is it worth my time watching?

Think the second half of Spurs for another 90 minutes and you will get the idea of would lie ahead for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

http://gfycat.com/PalatableCharmingAfricanjacana

Hes looking at RVP, he knows what hes doing. What a scummy thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

There all absolutely horrendous on the ball and what the bloody hell were they doing passing the ball between themselves and not even making a slight attempt to get a pass forward. But then again when smalling did make a pass forward we would lose possession. We need to get Vlaar and even Vidic could do better than this lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

adox wrote: »
    Think the second half of Spurs for another 90 minutes and you will get the idea of would lie ahead for you.

I'll just get on with my life and enjoy my day off so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

I'd agree with you on Evans and Jones but Smalling played quite well in general I thought. Stoke away is always a nasty fixture and the game was even more unpredictable in that wind. I thought Herrera was decent when he came on. Rooney, RVP and Mata were very average. We really could have done with a bit of Fellaini in that game.

Our next 3 premier league games are

Southampton(H)
    QPR(A)
    Leicester(H)

We should be able to rack up 9 points there hopefully.

I'll just get on with my life and enjoy my day off so.

If you watched it in black and white you'd put money on whether or not you were watching Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Howya lads, longtime lurker first time poster, a point is better than nowt but injuries have caused us enough problems and the 3 at the back no matter who they are just don't have the confidence or worse, the ability to play the ball out under pressure. Everytime the ball is bobbling around near the box it's pandemonium and we don't have enough midfielders who can come back and defend properly when needed, we need a seriously talented and experienced centre half to take control and direct those around him as de gea is not vocal enough, other than that the squad isn't that bad, I will gladly take 3rd this season and hopefully aim a bit higher next season. Happy new year to yis all, Nigel

Dayum wrote: »
    If you watched it in black and white you'd put money on whether or not you were watching Burnley.

That would be a stupid bet. It's utd versus stoke.

You're not a betting man are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

The Falcao sub has to have been a pre ordained plan in LVGs head ( not in Falcaos) given consideration to the games he has played recently after a long lay off.

It's another poor away performance and it's making it unnecessarily harder to cement top 3 but at least it's better than last year. Utd were never title contenders this season, anyone with any simple understanding of the team knows that.

Hard to see how they can do centre back business in January but 2-3 top quality defenders before the start of next season has to be the biggest priority for LVG.

I haven't seen anything this season to change my pre-season view that Jones, Smalling and Evans are not essential members of that squad and should be moved on over the next couple of windows. Realistically UTD have 10 players who need to go out of that squad so it's going to be a busy couple of seasons.

Get ADM, Rojo and Blind back and move on with the new players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Spending spree or not, Champion's League qualification would deem this season a success. This was a crucial season for Utd and if it went horribly wrong then it could have started a Liverpool-esque decline. I wouldn't be too hard on Van Gaal or the team after a few drab draws. Utd are going in the right direction now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Welcome Nidgey.

3 at the back just does not work. All that happens is the spare man is always a defender and with our CB's not able to play ball it leads to us going long.

Next league game we will be forced to go with Raf and Shaw now so we need to move back to a 4 man defence and get an extra midfielder in, hopefully being ADM

Southampton playing Arsenal shortly. I'll be cheering for Southampton win. A much better result for Utd in the grand scheme of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Southampton playing Arsenal shortly. I'll be cheering for Southampton win. A much better result for Utd in the grand scheme of things.

Yep, I'll be hoping Chelsea beat Spurs in the late one too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Post match from LVG

"We didn't deserve any more than a draw. They were closer to a winning goal than us. We have seen how difficult it is to defend long balls, both here and in the home game against Stoke.
    "We had time and space to build play, but we didn't create much.
    "Stoke also had to deal with the wind, but they are used to that. They played long balls a little easier. We had the space and time to play football. The wind was not too heavy. We should have played better today."

We simply have to do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Given the need for central defenders is there any appetite here for Nastasic from City? I think he is a great player.

It's amazing how he has fallen off the radar at City. I know he was injured and then Demichalis was a Pellagrini favourite but he was one of the best defenders in the league before last season. Apart from the charity shield he hasn't played for City at all this season.

He's still only 21 and it looks like Schalke will get him for €12m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

http://gfycat.com/PalatableCharmingAfricanjacana

Hes looking at RVP, he knows what hes doing. What a scummy thing.

It was disgraceful that the ref didn't have a word with him. It wasnt protecting himself or anything it was deliberately trying to injure an opposing player. Such a scummy thing to do but typical of Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I hate the match threads. What a cesspool of hate and trolling

Headshot wrote: »

I unfollow and jump out as soon as the final whistle blows.

Not only the match threads unfortunately, this thread isn't immune from a couple of "regulars".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

KH25 wrote: »
    It was disgraceful that the ref didn't have a word with him. It wasnt protecting himself or anything it was deliberately trying to injure an opposing player. Such a scummy thing to do but typical of Stoke.

It was pretty tame imo.

Stoke fans are either engaged in some kind of mass delusion or brilliantly aware of how to pressurise a ref. From the first minute they were screaming for frees during every tussle and ironically cheering when given as much as a throw in. I couldn't get my head around what they were getting worked up about.

I unfollow and jump out as soon as the final whistle blows.

Same as me. All hell breaks loose sometimes. I swear there's atleast 5 or 6 pages just people saying things like: Oh my f**king god, How did he miss that, What the bloody hell is wrong with him etc

Nonsense :D

It was pretty tame imo.

Stoke fans are either engaged in some kind of mass delusion or brilliantly aware of how to pressurise a ref. From the first minute they were screaming for frees during every tussle and ironically cheering when given as much as a throw in. I couldn't get my head around what they were getting worked up about.

That's Stoke fans for you. They boo absolutely everything. I take your point on it being tame in terms of there was no contact but he deliberately lifted his leg for no reason other than to kick RVP. He wasn't in the air or anything. There was no need for him to do it. He intended to catch him and that in itself is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Up to today I was a fan of Begovic as a keeper. No longer. He's now up there with Rob Green and Tim Howard as keepers that wind me up.
    And even before his scummy foot up thingy on van Persie (even if it was never gonna hit him), he had been sneakily winding up RVP and Falcao with the little pats on the head and neck, and excessive grabbing and hitting our front two as they jogged past him while the ball was in his hands.
    I would have loved to see him let one through his hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Does anybody think we need a few warriors / battlers in the squad? It's great having players who are good on the ball but away from home particularly against these type of teams we need a few battlers / warriors to win the battles that allow us to go on and play football.

Danye wrote: »
    Does anybody think we need a few warriors / battlers in the squad? It's great having players who are good on the ball but away from home particularly against these type of teams we need a few battlers / warriors to win the battles that allow us to go on and play football.

Yes. Especially at CB. I think this was a game where we missed Fellaini's physicality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Vlaar gone off injured

Di Maria would have been great for todays game. Hopefuly we can seem him tear Yeoil apart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Phil Jones and Johnny Evans have the combined IQ of a lump of coal. Truly their decision making is the worst I think I've ever seen in our defense.

Hococop wrote: »
    Vlaar gone off injured

Perfect! He'll fit right in so.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Phil Jones and Johnny Evans have the combined IQ of a lump of coal. Truly their decision making is the worst I think I've ever seen in our defense.

Ferguson got rid of Pique so that he could accommodate Evans...

Idiot.

Idiot.

Hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

.............DDG.............
    Raf Jones Rojo Shaw
    ...........Carrick.........
    ..Herrera........Di Maria..
    .............Mata...........
    ...Rooney.......Falcao

We probably won't get to see it this season at the rate we're picking up injuries but I think our best team with everyone fit is something like the above.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not only the match threads unfortunately, this thread isn't immune from a couple of "regulars".

Drop the backseat modding, please and thanks.

Smalling over Jones, but I agree. I also seriously doubt we ever see RvP as a bench player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Idiot.

What are you talking about? Vidic and Ferdinand were at their peak so they were always going to be first choice and Barcelona came in for Pique and wanted him to be a first choice CB.

Ferguson hadn't a hope of holding on to Pique even if he had wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It was pretty tame imo.

Stoke fans just hate everything. I think they even hate football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Idiot.

incorrect...He didn't "get rid" of Pique, Pique wanted first team football and we couldn't give it because Rio and Vidic were in the prime of their careers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

As bad as the defence was today, there's just not enough chances being created for the amount of possession in the final third. Everything is just so slow up front.
    I'd take your hand off right now for 4th place. The injuries keep coming, the poor away performances keep coming and there will be slip ups at home, hopefully the rest of them continue to drop so many points too.

• Advertisement

Everton falling apart, worth going for coleman

10 years of hard work by Moyes being undone in a season and a half. Delighted after the hassle they gave him last season. Wigan 2.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hococop wrote: »
    Everton falling apart, worth going for coleman

Bet they wouldn't mind being "stuck with Moyes" now.

I am loving their decline.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bet they wouldn't mind being "stuck with Moyes" now.

I am loving their decline.

Oh I love it, fans turned on Moyes quick after all he did for them saying he held the club back etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Football fans are so fickle

I couldn't believe the United fans who questioned the good Moyes did there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement