Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I hope Rojo and Shaw don't catch the injury habits of all the other defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

the Mcdonalds links are a ploy to get Nandos to include bottomless Ice Cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm going to throw it out there that it's impossible to perform well in this 3 man defence. Rojo gave it a good go for a while but they are left one on one with attackers for the entire game and in that situation, especially with the physicality and overall good quality of attackers in the league they are always going to fashion chances. Defending is about teamwork and at the moment everyone is too busy with their own thing to help out with the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm going to throw it out there that it's impossible to perform well in this 3 man defence. Rojo gave it a good go for a while but they are left one on one with attackers for the entire game and in that situation, especially with the physicality and overall good quality of attackers in the league they are always going to fashion chances. Defending is about teamwork and at the moment everyone is too busy with their own thing to help out with the others.

I've said it elsewhere and from a defensive point of view its not too bad. The issue lies going forward. There is a heavy reliance recently to get the wing backs into a position to cross the ball into the box from the byline. Stoke and Spurs were wide to the tactic and did their homework and doubled up, because the only wide players are the wingbacks they have no support, no full back to overlap it's a 2 vs 1 situation with everyone else central. That's why i'd like to see a return of 4-4-2. Although that brings other problems to the table ie. what to do with Mata who inst the greatest defensively especially in a midfield two... I think the balance and flow of the team would be greatly improved.

As center backs go Rojo has been our most consistent performer I only remember him having one dodgy game. Be good to get him back in the side in a back four again with Rafa / Valancia and Shaw fit again. Who is best to partner him is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The reluctance to drop RVP or even take him off makes the Falcao signing more baffling than it already was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The reluctance to drop RVP or even take him off makes the Falcao signing more baffling than it already was.

didn't RVP come off after the hour mark quite recently, was it Villa or Spurs?
    I bet he was coming off for Wilson too only Young got injured.

Baffling that Falcao came off so early, even though his touch was a little off he was up there fighting for the ball, holding it up as best he could and making some great runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Strumms wrote: »
    Evidence ? such as... Do you watch him play for Man Utd ? We are talking about the same Evans right ? I offer his big **** off paycheck, in return he delivers sub standard performances week after week, cant pass, seems to have lost a yard, poor positional sense and his body language would not inspire you that he gives a great deal of a monkey's about all that. Guy is 26 and not the player he was at 23. Now unless you want a signed statement from the player himself that might have to do you...

So therefore what your saying is you can't provide any proof and were talking nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Falcao really grew into the game yesterday it was a joke he was took off. Rooney and RVP both should have come off before him. He likes his captain always on the pitch and he loves RVP so it looks like Falcao will be the one who will be sacrificed.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Falcao really grew into the game yesterday it was a joke he was took off. Rooney and RVP both should have come off before him. He likes his captain always on the pitch and he loves RVP so it looks like Falcao will be the one who will be sacrificed.

He's shown 3 or 4 times this season when we needed to make a change, RVP came off around the 60-75min mark.

Probably should have done it 1 or 2 times more though, including yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

being lined up by mcdonalds apparently.

Ugh am I the only one seriously fed up with the fat Anderson "jokes"? They havent been funny for a long time and it'd probably help if he was out of shape. I'd love to have a physique like him.

a10565deb8daa2bbd5ea05fd4f608e3a_crop_exact.png?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Or maybe he is an experienced manager who has worked with the best players in the game, and ones who have just come back after a bad injury and has advisors on how to treat the player for a while.

But no, your right. He has a man crush on rvp so will leave him on. Sounds right.

But I kinda do think rvp should have came off once or twice before falcao

Ugh am I the only one seriously fed up with the fat Anderson "jokes"? They havent been funny for a long time and it'd probably help if he was out of shape. I'd love to have a physique like him.

The joke is the joke

So therefore what your saying is you can't provide any proof and were talking nonsense.

I have answered your question and spoken on the subject. If you choose to regard it as nonsense, so be it that's your opinion. I on the other hand beg to differ. By all means continue to refrain from any sort of intelligent or mindful debate on the subject but please keep suggesting that I am talking nonsense because that just really adds to the discussion and an informed debate. Regardless of who agrees with who on this board i'm thankful that the majority of posters can at least disagree and debate on what people post rather then focus on a sentence you disagree with and like a disgruntled teenager describe it as nonsense. thanks for your contribution. ;)

Strumms wrote: »
    I have answered your question and spoken on the subject. If you choose to regard it as nonsense, so be it that's your opinion. I on the other hand beg to differ. By all means continue to refrain from any sort of intelligent or mindful debate on the subject but please keep suggesting that I am talking nonsense because that just really adds to the discussion and an informed debate. Regardless of who agrees with who on this board i'm thankful that the majority of posters can at least disagree and debate on what people post rather then focus on a sentence you disagree with and like a disgruntled teenager describe it as nonsense. thanks for your contribution. ;)

You're the one who said that you get the impression that Evans just shows up and dosent try.

You're the one with lazy, unintelligent post.
    Cherry on the cake is bringing age into this as some sort of intelligence indicator or to belittle a poster.

You're the one who said that you get the impression that Evans just shows up and dosent try.

You're the one with lazy, unintelligent post.
    Cherry on the cake is bringing age into this as some sort of intelligence indicator or to belittle a poster.

I think the idea of belittle someone is to off the bat describe what they type as nonsense. Are people not capable of disagreeing with someone without 'repeatedly' just calling their opinion nonsense ? and asking to prove my opinion ? hardly intelligent debate from the get go. Prove De Gea is better the Courtois ? etc ? who knows, its a matter of opinion. I watch United 6 or 7 times live per season and each game that is televised and my opinion is formed on experience as everyone is entitled to do and expressed here. Would anyone agree then a more sever case, now we are talking whole different levels of phoning it in here.. but Anderson ? then on the other hand maybe I should ask for proof that it inst glandular. but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Twitter seems to be suggesting Falcao about to sign permanent deal and DeGea to sign 5 year deal ... What a start to 2015 that would be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jorge Mendes is up to something, if the Falcao stuff is true

irishfeen wrote: »
    Twitter seems to be suggesting Falcao about to sign permanent deal and DeGea to sign 5 year deal ... What a start to 2015 that would be!

Excellent news if true on both counts.

I'd be delighted if that's true about De Gea considering some of the rumors that had been floating around. He is well on his way to becoming the best goalkeeper to wear the United shirt and considering some of the competition that is no mean feat.

Did you just smash your face against your keyboard there? So many questions.

So you watch utd 6/7 times a year, out of there 50 ish games a year, then think your opinion is more valid or right than people in here who watch most of the games?

Of course someone can call your opinion nonsense, because it is wrong, you came at Evans with lazy arguments. Maybe take a step back and listen to what someone who regularly watches games has to say and you might pick up something you hadn't noticed.

Yes Evans hasn't been playing well, but to think he is just packing it in, an athlete at the top of the game is just simply nonsense. He has to play against players, whose job is to stop the other team playing. He is trying, but at this time, it's just not good enough.

Yeah Anderson just felt like stopping and went to macdonalds, nothing to do with injuries or just not making the final cut.

Your arguments are lazy.

• Advertisement

Did you just smash your face against your keyboard there? So many questions.

So you watch utd 6/7 times a year, out of there 50 ish games a year, then think your opinion is more valid or right than people in here who watch most of the games?

Of course someone can call your opinion nonsense, because it is wrong, you came at Evans with lazy arguments. Maybe take a step back and listen to what someone who regularly watches games has to say and you might pick up something you hadn't noticed.

Yes Evans hasn't been playing well, but to think he is just packing it in, an athlete at the top of the game is just simply nonsense. He has to play against players, whose job is to stop the other team playing. He is trying, but at this time, it's just not good enough.

Yeah Anderson just felt like stopping and went to macdonalds, nothing to do with injuries or just not making the final cut.

Your arguments are lazy.

I watch them live 6/7 times a year, as in at Old Trafford or another venue. The rest I watch on TV or streams.

I never suggested that my opinion is more valid or informed then anyone elses. That is something you have plucked out of this air.

I do regularly watch games, again 6/7 live the rest on TV. Although this doesn't make my opinion any more valid but does qualify me to comment just like you or anyone else who watches United.

Evan's hasnt been playing well I agree. Evan's is an athlete at the top of his game ? I don't agree. But I can leave it at that without resorting to petty insults.

My argument's are not lazy, but you can form that opinion as you wish.

I also didn't smash my face off the keyboard. Such a comment could be construed as belittling and I was about to say it would be beneath you but the jury might be out on that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Daily Star for what it is worth has United moving onto Pogba as the main transfer target given Bale is not leaving Madrid anytime soon.
    Crazy money mentioned: £77 million.
    The embarrassment if it was anywhere near true, he would be great but the history of it all...

The Express when it is not the end of the world coming, have Hummels arriving this month at United, was going to say coming but that might have read inappropriately.

Strootman said every player wants to play with Real Madrid or Barcelona. He didn't say United but then I don't think he could given how he has been linked and he knew it would cause only hassle for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There's as much evidence for the "Evans thinks he's made it and can't be arsed" amateur psychology diagnosis as there is for the "crisis of confidence" armchair mental health assessment tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If we do end up signing Falcao hopefully the fee is around 30m and not the rumoured 48m.

Would anyone be happy with that kind of outlay for him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

beno619 wrote: »
    If we do end up signing Falcao hopefully the fee is around 30m and not the rumoured 48m.

Was just about to ask in here, what would you be happy to pay for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

It's hard to know yet, he's only coming into his own now... Can't see PSG suddenly agreeing to drop his fee though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Spazdarn wrote: »
    It's hard to know yet, he's only coming into his own now... Can't see Monaco suddenly agreeing to drop his fee though.

Fixed your post, United got Falcao from Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

There's always the danger Madrid might outbid us for Falcao as well. Especially if they were to let Benzema leave (which would be madness imo) but thats Madrid all over....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Trond wrote: »
    There's always the danger Madrid might outbid us for Falcao as well. Especially if they were to let Benzema leave (which would be madness imo) but thats Madrid all over....

Utd have an option to buy, that cant be outbid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

keane2097 wrote: »
    There's as much evidence for the "Evans thinks he's made it and can't be arsed" amateur psychology diagnosis as there is for the "crisis of confidence" armchair mental health assessment tbf.

Tbf, confidence is something you can see in a player. Januzaj had it last year, and it appears to have wavered recently.

As for Evans, no clue but he has always been bullied by physical strikers and struggles in the air. The Stoke game showed it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

beno619 wrote: »

I thought it was 8 or 10 million euro for a loan fee and 40 million euro then if we take up the option?

Still a lot of dough but if he gets back to his best I think it's worth it.

• Advertisement

Don't remember it being discussed much at the time, so maybe I missed something, but remember the ball that got cleared off the line against Spurs? The TV replay from the goalline technology thing showed it as over the line, therefore a goal. How come the ref didn't give it? Obviously Falcao was offside in the buildup, so it wouldn't have counted, but that's besides the point. Have I missed something in that play?

Don't remember it being discussed much at the time, so maybe I missed something, but remember the ball that got cleared off the line against Spurs? The TV replay from the goalline technology thing showed it as over the line, therefore a goal. How come the ref didn't give it? Obviously Falcao was offside in the buildup, so it wouldn't have counted, but that's besides the point. Have I missed something in that play?

Jones and Falcao were offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I think it has something to do with the fact that although Jones get back onside, the fact that Falcao jumps for it or moves towards the ball makes him active and thus offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I think it has something to do with the fact that although Jones get back onside, the fact that Falcao jumps for it or moves towards the ball makes him active and thus offside.

Pretty sure the question is why didnt the ref check with his assistant as he should have got a notification that the ball crossed the line. Not that it should have been awarded, but that it should have been checkedl

Jones and Falcao were offside.

Was there a free out given? My memory of that game is hazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Falcao being offside completely negates the goal either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I presume the refs watch beeped telling him it was over the line but the linesman put his flag up for offside before the ref could give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Tbf, confidence is something you can see in a player. Januzaj had it last year, and it appears to have wavered recently.

As for Evans, no clue but he has always been bullied by physical strikers and struggles in the air. The Stoke game showed it again

I'm sure if I said the same thing about complacency you wouldn't disagree, but when you look at a guy and think he looks lacking confidence and I look at the same guy and think he looks complacent you end up realising that trying to deduce mental states from facial expressions and body language of people you don't know you really might as well be flipping coins.

Was there a free out given? My memory of that game is hazy

I believe there was. Fairly sure anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Daily Mail in England saying ADM could appear at the weekend.. Rojo, Blind and Fellaini all back within the month.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm sure if I said the same thing about complacency you wouldn't disagree, but when you look at a guy and think he looks lacking confidence and I look at the same guy and think he looks complacent you end up realising that trying to deduce mental states from facial expressions and body language of people you don't know you really might as well be flipping coins.

I'm not talking about facial expressions or body language so not sure why you've added that. It's noticeable through a player's actions. Whether they take safe options when they used to be a bit more adventurous, dragging shots wide or not hitting through the ball, not taking on a player when they used to all the time- you get this gist.

Valencia is a good example of this in recent years, not as cavalier and explosive as he was even though his physical attributes remain the same. You can see it as he dithers on the ball where previously he would have kept running at the full back.

Confidence is defo a noticeable thing on the pitch, way more so than complacency, which I've never seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder will Powell get a start on Sunday, can't see LVG naming a youth team neither. For both team and fan morale it is a must win game given what happened at MK Dons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Wonder will Powell get a start on Sunday, can't see LVG naming a youth team neither. For both team and fan morale it is a must win game given what happened at MK Dons.

well he is on loan to leicester at the moment so id say thats a no..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bangkok wrote: »
    No, he's back at United now.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/550984870634479616

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

bangkok wrote: »

Did he not come back? Talk of him going to Bolton was it last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bennyx_o wrote: »

didnt hear that, well if he cant get his game with leicester he wont be getting his game for united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Pearson is supposed to have had issues with his timekeeping and attitude and he played less than 45 minutes of football in total so UTD recalled him to try to get him a more suitable loan elsewhere.

Bolton supposed to be interested. If Lennon can't get anything out of him, it will probably be the start of the end for him before it starts at all.

Unlikely, you would imagine, given he has played so little that he will feature at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

bennyx_o wrote: »

There should be an option on Twitter to change the #mufc tag to red font. Just looks wrong in blue......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Does Zaha feature much for Utd? How are the other 'loanees' doing? Nani? Will he be back next year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Does Zaha feature much for Utd? How are the other 'loanees' doing? Nani? Will he be back next year?

He's at palace not Utd and he started the last game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement