Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Read Mod Warning in OP 7/1/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Hococop wrote: »
    Agreed, just the headline alone should give it away, he "could" join. If thats the way websites are reporting, anyone could make a bs headline, any paper could write ronaldo and bale "could" join united for x amount,

Obvious I'd love for it to be true but can't see it possible

I think it is quite possibleVarane could join United but definitely not for less than £25m.
    He was interested in joining United until we signed Jones.
    I remember reading about it at the start of this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

From SSN Transfers - I'd love him to join.
    09:54
    RED ROBBEN?

Bayern Munich will tie Arjen Robben down to a second contract in a year as they attempt to deter Manchester United from making a move, according to the Star.

United manager Louis van Gaal, who managed Robben at Munich and with the Dutch national team, is thought to want a reunion with the 30-year-old.

The Bundesliga champions are thought to be so concerned with the relationship between the pair they are set to table a two-year extension to his current deal – tying him to the club until 2018.

Claims suggest United are preparing a £24million summer-swoop for the former Chelsea and Real Madrid winger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

killwill wrote: »
    I think it is quite possibleVarane could join United but definitely not for less than £25m.
    He was interested in joining United until we signed Jones.
    I remember reading about it at the start of this season.

He was interested, and we were interested, but he choose Madrid by all accounts at the time, Zidane went and met him personally to convince him to sign for Madrid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

advertsfox wrote: »
    From SSN Transfers - I'd love him to join.

Would too.

Will always say.... he's not a nice person and I hate his face, but I'd love him to be our not nice person with the hateable face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread up lads.Hopefully it won't turn as mental as the last one did.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93678008#post93678008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I hope we put out a strong team. We aren't in a position to snub the fa cup and try out kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's bleedin Yeovil though, the reserves should be beating them.

So Evans and Valencia will play.:pac:

• Advertisement

Want Wilson and Falcao up front for a confidence builder :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

After the reserves lost 4-0 to MK Dons, I wouldn't fancy them to beat even the renford rejects

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Unearthly wrote: »
    After the reserves lost 4-0 to MK Dons, I wouldn't fancy them to beat even the renford rejects

MK Dons were at least winning some league games,

Yoevil are relegation bound and rock bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

zerks wrote: »

Jaysus, what tosh. An ugly collection of stupid opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Were people saying falcao was pissed last week at being subbed? I just think he dosent like being subbed

c9u1X.gif

Its also Yeovils cup final so they will probably play a level above themselves, they will want it you can be sure of that so if we are not at it we will be caught out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

how many of the players who played against MK Dons are still United players

01 de Gea
    36 Vermijl
    41 James
    28 Anderson
    06 Evans
    38 Keane
    37 Janko (Pereira - 45' )
    26 Kagawa (Januzaj - 20' )
    14 Hernández
    19 Welbeck
    22 Powell (Wilson - 57' )

So whose left? Or at least, who is left near the first team? De Gea, Evans, Wilson and Januzaj. Quite a change....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Only really Ddg and Evans from first 11 have been involve d since.

Adnan, Periera and Wilson came on and all have been involved in multiple squads.

Hernandez, Keane, Powell, Vermijl and James were all loaned out, Kagawa and Welbeck sold

Anderson and Janko have been stuck in reserves since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Apparently all fit first team squad travelled for the match except Jones, Carrick and RVP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Apparently all fit first team squad travelled for the match except Jones, Carrick and RVP...

What is the injury status of Valencia, Di Maria and Fellaini?

I assume every body else is fit apart from The obvious injuries to Young , Blind and Rojo?

I think it's safe to say that those 6 plus the 3 not travelled wwon't be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Di Maria has travelled, not sure bout the other 2....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I'd rather see falcoe rested for this one, or at best wrapped in layers of cotton wool, what's the betting he'll come off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'd rather see falcoe rested for this one, or at best wrapped in layers of cotton wool, what's the betting he'll come off injured.

Nah I think he still needs competitive minutes under his belt to get him up to speed. Would be hopeful he starts. Would be a good run out for him.

But seriously I'm with Baldy on this one. The reserves should be beating Yeovil.
    Be interesting to see what team starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Saw picture of the pitch on twitter... Looks good, so no fears with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Will Yeovil try to hack the fúck out of us? If so, Di Maria (if fit), Falcao, Rooney, RVP and Carrick shouldn't be anywhere near this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

if Falcao is 80-90% match fit I want him to start
    Otherwise cotton wool wrapped please

Anderson to start, Di Maria shouldn't even be let near the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Saw picture of the pitch on twitter... Looks good, so no fears with that.

Ya,looks like a nice little ground,hopefully no banana skins today.

Falcao will hopefully start, along with Januzaj and Wilson, would hope to see a back 4 with Raf and Shaw in it if possible, Smalling and Jones would be my preferred partnership today, in midfield if Herrera is good to go I want him in, if not at least get him a sub appearance, same as Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pity Paddy Madden moved to Scunthorpe. Would love to have seen him up against us. Used to watch him play for Bohs years ago, never thought he would make it across the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No disrespect to Yeovil but this would be the best chance to give Falcao more game time and a chance to get a brace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Falcao is a tough, physical forward, I think he would relish this sort of game. Unless he's carrying a niggling injury I wouldn't be overly concerned with him getting roughed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

De Gea, Smalling, McNair, Blackett, Rafael, Fletcher, Herrera, Rooney, Shaw, Wilson, Falcao.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

De Gea, Smalling, McNair, Blackett, Rafael, Fletcher, Herrera, Rooney, Shaw, Wilson, Falcao.
    F*ck sake, can we not even play 4 at the back against Yeovil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

FUCK 5 AT THE BACK

:o:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Happy enough with that linup, Shaw coming back from injury, Herrara in there pulling strings, and Falcao to hopefully bag a few goals and get himself into gear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

F*ck sake, can we not even play 4 at the back against Yeovil?

We still can't play 433 as we don't have any wingers fit now (other than Januzaj)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

We still can't play 433 as we don't have any wingers fit now (other than Januzaj)
    Why just a 4-3-3? I think we look rather impressive with a midfield diamond; 4-1-2-1-2.

Take McNair out and play... Anderson, for the laugh. :pac:

DDG
    Raf-Smalling-Blackett-Shaw
    Fletcher
    ----Herrera---Anderson
    Rooney
    Falcao---Wilson

Edit: Although I'd rather see Will Keane given a run than Wilson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Nailz wrote: »
    Why just a 4-3-3? I think we look rather impressive with a midfield diamond; 4-1-2-1-2

Yeah, good point actually. We should be doing that instead. F*** three cbs.

the back three is surely pointless in this game ffs, Fletcher starting too makes it worse

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    the back three is surely pointless in this game ffs, Fletcher starting too makes it worse
    I'd have no problem with Fletcher starting if it wasn't for the 4 CB's to be honest. It's games like this where I'd love to see a plain old 4-4-2 with 2 normal central midfielders, 2 wide midfielders and 2 strikers, just to see how we'd do with that this season.

Januzaj hasn't impressed much this season, he's looked totally out of his depth, but I think this is a game where he really should be playing. With Yeovil Town as your opposition, I would've loved to have seen him out left and Nani out right (if he wasn't out on loan obviously).

I think this shows that, realistically, LVG wants to adopt the 3 at the back system long term. The constant excuse for it was that we were waiting for Raf and Shaw back, but now they are, and we're going against Yeovil with 3 at the back. Only reason for that is to get them used to the system in an "easier" game setting....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I think this shows that, realistically, LVG wants to adopt the 3 at the back system long term. The constant excuse for it was that we were waiting for Raf and Shaw back, but now they are, and we're going against Yeovil with 3 at the back. Only reason for that is to get them used to the system in an "easier" game setting....

Im starting to think this too not to thrilled never looks good or comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

Personally I think this is what he intends sticking with and also it allows you to have more possession IMO . When the players get used of it could be the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

I still think he will play a back four long term, when everyone is fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Robson99 wrote: »
    Personally I think this is what he intends sticking with and also it allows you to have more possession IMO . When the players get used of it could be the way to go.

Only with a proper midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭dmc17

Just noticed that Paddy McNair's middle name is 'Seamus Coleman' :D
    Full name: Patrick James Coleman McNair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dmc17 wrote: »
    Just noticed that Paddy McNair's middle name is 'Seamus Coleman' :D

Huh?

Huh?

His middle name is "James Coleman"; Seamus = James as Gaelige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nailz wrote: »
    His middle name is "James Coleman"; Seamus = James as Gaelige.

What's Coleman in Irish?

It wasn't funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement