Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Races.

Options
  • 01-01-2015 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I had planed to go racing to Tramore today but the weather has put a stop to that but surely there will be a lot of other people who won't make the journey on account of the conditions.

Surely given the weather conditions the meeting must be cancelled for the safety of horse & jockey & the paying public. But knowing the vanity of the racecourse manager & her scant regard for safety & the paying public this meeting will undoubtedly go ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭decies

I had planed to go racing to Tramore today but the weather has put a stop to that but surely there will be a lot of other people who won't make the journey on account of the conditions.

Surely given the weather conditions the meeting must be cancelled for the safety of horse & jockey & the paying public. But knowing the vanity of the racecourse manager & her scant regard for safety & the paying public this meeting will undoubtedly go ahead.
    That's a bit harsh to be fair. I too was hoping to go out but the weather put a stop to it. If the ground was deemed unsuitable for racing then there would be no racing which wouldn't be the Managers call anyway. I doubt very much the paying public would be in any danger unless hurricane type winds were encountered. Tramore is actually holding it's own with regarding attendances etc in the last couple of years so she must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Overheard people in the bookies today saying they were disappointed that Ruby chose Tramore over Fairyhouse , and that he would spoil the race meeting .

I see now that he won 2 races , a 4/9 and an 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

ye call that bad weather? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great national hunt weather :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I see HRI forced Tramore to abandon today's race meeting and the correct decision was made in my opinion but why oh why wasn't this decision made
    without the prompt from HRI? Surely they are not idiots running the course but who ever then suggested the 10th Jan' to run the fixture should
    be severely reprimanded.

If they are serious about racing in Tramore it should not be held during the winter months.
    Run it from March through to the August festival and that should please the majority of punters. It might even bring in additional patrons?

• Advertisement
Advertisement