Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter?

Options
  • 01-01-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I'm not sure where to post this question but here it is,

I've been using Twitter as a news source on the Ukraine crisis. I just follow 19 people and don't post anything on Twitter. And yet, I myself have 4 followers

Why are there 4 people following me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It might be some of the people you follow are just following you back.

I've had some very random people following me and they have nothing in common with the type of tweets I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Yeah I thought that but, there not the same people I follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

I use it only as a news source too and from time to time I get random followers. I think there may be some sort of automated following systems out there because the followers I get seem to be following tens of thousands of users. I also find that they stop following me after a while if I don't follow them back.
    There is also the option to block them if you don't want them - just click on the "cog wheel" beside their name on your followers list and it brings up the option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Yeah of course, thanks Crunchienut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kanga2000

I can't seem to post new threads - does anyone know how to remove your 'join date' from your Twitter profile? Whenever I google it the result pages are full of people saying you can't do this, but obviously you can because I can see on plenty of people's pages that the join date isn't displayed. Can't work it out! Grateful for any help. Also..if someone can tell me how to post new threads, the button on top left doesn't appear for me and the FAQ hasn't helped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement