Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU10 Warm white LED light bulbs

Options
  • 01-01-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to get at least 20 or 30 warm white GU10 light bulbs for my house.

I don't mind buying in bulk of 50 or more if it means that the unit price per bulb is chep. So if you know of individually priced or bulk bargains, please let me know.

They MUST be warm white LED, not cool light.

Thanks

Edit. Forgot to add they should give out light equivalent to 50 watt halogen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

IKEA do a 4 Watt warm white GU10 for €5 each or 8 watt for €6
    I have the 4 watts in some rooms, nice warm white light off them

4W Warm White €5
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/80255907/

8W warm white €6
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/40288052/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=18341
    Livarno Lux® LED Recessed Spotlight
    €13.99each

Choose from Matt Nickel Effect, Shiny Chrome Effect or Brushed Aluminium Effect
    Individually tiltable swivel mounted LED spotlights
    High light output from each of the 21 very bright, energy saving and long-lasting LEDs
    Dimensions: Ø approx. 8.5cm;
    Built-in depth including connected bulbs: 8cm
    3 year guarantee
    LED bulbs GU10: 5W, 400 lm (120° 350 lm), 3000K with warm white light, Ra80, 20000hrs
    Saves up to 80% energy
    3 pack
    Shiny chrome effect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

IKEA do a 4 Watt warm white GU10 for €5 each or 8 watt for €6
    I have the 4 watts in some rooms, nice warm white light off them

4W Warm White €5
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/80255907/

8W warm white €6
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/40288052/

Thanks for that! Do these bulbs fit into a standard recessed light fitting? I know some GU10 LEDs don't...

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Do these bulbs fit into a standard recessed light fitting? I know some GU10 LEDs don't...

Yes fit perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Looks good. Are these complete and ready to fit? Would I need a transformer and would they be suitable for a bathroom?
    Sorry for the questions but I'm a bit confused with all the options out there for LED.

• Advertisement

corsav6 wrote: »
    Looks good. Are these complete and ready to fit? Would I need a transformer and would they be suitable for a bathroom?
    Sorry for the questions but I'm a bit confused with all the options out there for LED.

No GU10 dont use a transformer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

corsav6 wrote: »

You and me both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

This is a whole new area for me, LED bulbs

For what it is worth I got 10 LED bulbs for external post lights in B& Q recently. They are pure white in colour and are very effective at lighting up the garden

They have a massive range there and they don't cost the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

This is a whole new area for me, LED bulbs

For what it is worth I got 10 LED bulbs for external post lights in B& Q recently. They are pure white in colour and are very effective at lighting up the garden

They have a massive range there and they don't cost the earth.

If this helps.

Basically LED light is measured on the Kelvin Scale so your different xK measures to natural light and is giving a reading say 3000K, then you add into that your LED watts say 5watts per LED light then match that up to your old style light/fitting so Bayonett Style say 60watts.

EG, 60watts Bayonett = 3000K LED Bayonett 3watts.

kelvin-scale.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

TallGlass wrote: »
    If this helps.

Basically LED light is measured on the Kelvin Scale so your different xK measures to natural light and is giving a reading say 3000K, then you add into that your LED watts say 5watts per LED light then match that up to your old style light/fitting so Bayonett Style say 60watts.

EG, 60watts Bayonett = 3000K LED Bayonett 3watts.

kelvin-scale.jpg

Thank you very much, very helpful:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Well I picked up the last 2 sets in mentioned previously in Lidl today.
    Basically you get 3 gu10 bulbs and the casings. Included in the box is 3 adaptors that sit on top of the bulbs and are wired into existing wiring, no transformer(driver) needed.
    These are not suitable for bathrooms or any high humidity area.
    I can't seem to upload pictures from mobile so I'll try get some up from the laptop tomorrow. I'm a little less confused now I've seen them out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Anyone know a lidl with these in stock still? Dublin or surrounding. Got 2 boxes but need another 4 boxes

Advertisement