Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable house to rent in Kilkenny this summer?

Options
  • 01-01-2015 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hello!

We've been searching on Daft.ie to look for 2 bed places to let in Kilkenny City/County but not having much luck. We need somewhere cheap as we'll be a full-time student's again (mature students 23+) & so will be broke most of the time. We would be attending Ormonde College & Kildalton so anywhere in the surrounding area's would be greatly appreciated but other areas considered once suitable. We don't need anywhere fancy! Just once the basics are there and there's a garden for our dogs. Do any of you Kilkenny locals no where I could maybe put up a want online? Or is there any Kilkenny landlords on here that have a similar property available in the summer months? We plan to stay a minimum of 2 years but who knows what could happen, we could fall in love with Kilkenny & stay put! :)
    Happy New year for 2015! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Kildalton is 40mins drive from Kilkenny City where Ormonde College islocated, are wither of you driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Stoudy

Hi thanks for your reply. Currently not unfortunately but its on the cards! We plan to either cycle, walk, bus or hitch to get to college depending on where we are living. Really a house mid-way between both colleges would be ideal. Could you tell me is the public transport pretty regular up there? Is there plenty of early morning buses going to the colleges? Down here (West Cork) you are quite limited with the first bus making it into the city @ 9.30am which means you'd be late for classes daily if you wanted to stay living in the countryside while attending college.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

I don't know of any bus to Piltown from Kilkenny, I'd also doubt there is a bus from PIltown that would get you to Kilkenny city in time for school either. You might be better off trying to locate in Carrick on Suir as may have more transport options for you.

I don't know of any bus to Piltown from Kilkenny, I'd also doubt there is a bus from PIltown that would get you to Kilkenny city in time for school either. You might be better off trying to locate in Carrick on Suir as may have more transport options for you.

Ok thank you :) I'll look into Carrick & see how it looks but its quite a distance from Ormonde College. I'm surprised to find out Kilkenny dont have reg buses to support their Ag college but I guess its the same here so I shouldnt really be that surprised! I thought all this info would be easily found online :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

I would suggest you have a look at a map of the county and see where you need to be,if you dont drive i think you are going to have problem going to college,bus services wont suit you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

The college might be able to put you in contact with others who are travelling every day from Kilkenny that you could share petrol expenses with. It's a popular college with a lot going on so I'd imagine there are plenty of people driving there. Maybe try the farming forum?

mefynn wrote: »
    I would suggest you have a look at a map of the county and see where you need to be,if you dont drive i think you are going to have problem going to college,bus services wont suit you

I have done thank you. Living in the countryside right now with no car. Of course we would prefer a car it would make everything much easier but until thats possible we make do.

LEGEND! Thank you!Much easier to judge it when I can see the route it takes highlighted. Bookmarked & I'll mess around with it now & see what I can come up with. I thought it would be more like a 40min journey rather than 1.30 hr. My dreams have been crushed today :(
    Thanks for your help! :)

mefynn wrote: »

Ah ok I see where your coming from now after seeing the bus timetale. Looking at Carrick now & will check out the other close by areas & hope for the best. Thanks for your help :)

• Advertisement

inthehat wrote: »
    The college might be able to put you in contact with others who are travelling every day from Kilkenny that you could share petrol expenses with. It's a popular college with a lot going on so I'd imagine there are plenty of people driving there. Maybe try the farming forum?

Good thinking inthehat I'll pop on there now & inquire. Hopefully I get lucky & someone is looking for a car pool fingers crossed! Thanks for your help! :)

Ok post is up the farming section! <3 Fingers crossed!

Good luck. Keep us posted:)

Advertisement