Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oak Beam Mantles, in Mayo?

Options
  • 01-01-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi

im after an Oak Beam Mantle for over the stove

any place in mayo do them?
    you start googling and you either end up with a window manufacturer or a kitchen fitter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

P_Cash wrote: »
    Hi

im after an Oak Beam Mantle for over the stove

any place in mayo do them?
    you start googling and you either end up with a window manufacturer or a kitchen fitter.

Probably better off looking for a local carpenter and telling them what you want. They will just purchase the oak and cut it and fit it to the size you want.

Where abouts in Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

I guess you are looking for a reclaimed one? I have been hunting down a brass fire frame recently and went to O'Donnels or Donnelly's in Bunree Road just past Archers in Ballina. His work shed is behind his house and I did see some old mantels just lying around. He is always refurbing/reclaiming fireplaces for resale. You might be lucky.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Got one such from Luskins COng about 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

donnellys in bunree,ballina, google millstream fireplaces, should sort you out

if your closer to westport there was a guy that had them on the side of the road outside his house on a display stand, on the road out to croagh patrick on the right hand side as you go out, between the fire station and the turn off for the quay.. im half looking for something similar myself and it caught my eye and i meant to check it out but never got round to it

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

I got my oak beam from a guy who supplied the thin stone installed around the fireplace. He is westport based. Im happy with how it turned out. Im sure you can find him via google.

No connection to the guy etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement