Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs Chelsea Match Thread 1/1/2015 k/o 17.30 BT Sport1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Someday we'll get decisions :D
    Cahill dodging two red cards so far this season. How are they for starters?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hopefully. He should be dropped anyway

Cahill has been very impressive anytime I've watched Chelsea this season. Him and Terry work very well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Worse defensing ive seen from a jose team in a very long time.

2nd best for huge periods only Hazard was good for us.

Everything spurs hit went in, we squandered 2 huge chances.

Finishing was the different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I just hate losing and making a sh*te team look good.

Only good thing us hopefully cahill is banned or dropped

I love the taste of your tears. 3 point lane my bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Cheers Spurs, that's a massive result for the title race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

efb wrote: »
    Terry's retired

He was the England captain when the stuff with Rio happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Well done on your first win in 5 seasons over Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lol couldn't have put it better myself... Coys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Spain broke Mourinho.

Always thought he was mad to take that job. It's too much of a goldfish bowl and you have to act more like Ancelotti or Del Bosque in front of the media or they will hammer you.

He should have stayed at Inter and tried to retain the Champions League.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He was the England captain when the stuff with Rio happened.

And got away with murder

Hasnt been 3 points for awhile.

We'll see at the end of the season when Spurs are finishing 5th or lower and where chelsea finish. ;)

The little victories make the season for some clubs i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great day with the gooners losing and Spurs hammering Chelsea! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭fozz10

**** defensive performance by chelsea. but shir well get over it. no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We'll see at the end of the season when Spurs are finishing 5th or lower and where chelsea finish. ;)

F*cking hell man, and you're a mod??

Grow up you child.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I haven't seen such a childish reaction to losing in quite some time. Chin up little fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

There in royal blue, with the number 10 on the back of his jersey is the pearl of Belgian football, the pearl of Chelsea FC, the pearl of the English Premier League. All explosive pace, masterful technique and ingenious ideas, he glides past players like no other, he creates, he scores, he is one of the finest talents of his generation. Eden Hazard is the greatest footballer in England and he was quite sublime today but he has been robbed, robbed of the glory that should be his. He's been let down by those around him, yes tiredness has played a part but so too has a lack of focus. Cahill, Ivanovic, Willian, Matic, all shockingly below par. Hazard's efforts today deserved so much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah come on Gav. Don't be petty. You will look back on these remarks in a few days and cringe.

Credit where it is due. Spurs looked up for this from the first minute. The better team won on the day.

Chins up lads. Looking down on the rest of the table.....on alphabetical order.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

THFC wrote: »
    F*cking hell man, and you're a mod??

Very worrying that isn't it? When **** like this fella are mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,610 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Slattsy wrote: »
    Paddy Power are in trouble lol

They jumped the gun with that gimmick this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Jaysus, take the defeat and move on.
    You sound like a 13 year old.

Oh spurs did deserve it. Were better across the pitch man for man, apart from Hazard. Rest of the chelsea team were terrible to useless especailly the back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Really looking forward to Mourinho's interview.

There in royal blue, with the number 10 on the back of his jersey is the pearl of Belgian football, the pearl of Chelsea FC, the pearl of the English Premier League. All explosive pace, masterful technique and ingenious ideas, he glides past players like no other, he creates, he scores, he is one of the finest talents of his generation. Eden Hazard is the greatest footballer in England and he was quite sublime today but he has been robbed, robbed of the glory that should be his. He's been let down by those around him, yes tiredness has played a part but so too has a lack of focus. Cahill, Ivanovic, Willian, Matic, all shockingly below par. Hazard's efforts today deserved so much more.

Oscar was s**t too. Ramires and salah also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

Well I certainly didn't see that coming. Fair play to Spurs, they took their chances. Kane and Chadli particularly impressive.

As for Chelsea, it would have been much worse if not for Hazard. Hopefully this serves as a massive kick up the arse for several players, Cahill in particular who was very lucky to stay on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Very worrying that isn't it? When **** like this fella are mods.

I agree with the sentiment, but no need for the abuse.

Weren't Man City top of the table before this match? How have Chelsea gone back top despite losing?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Weren't Man City top of the table before this match? How have Chelsea gone back top despite losing?

Alphabetical order.

Our gd is the exact same

Oscar was s**t too. Ramires and salah also.

True. Oscar never got into it, while Ramires looked rusty and Salah put in a performance typical of what we've seen of him since he joined.

Alphabetical order.

Our gd is the exact same
    Yep; the records are identical. If the season ended now, there'd be a single leg (I think) play off at a neutral venue.

• Advertisement

True. Oscar never got into it, while Ramires looked rusty and Salah put in a performance typical of what we've seen of him since he joined.

Salah is a poor player. His finishing is terrible. That attempt was shocking. Any other player even mikel would have scored ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

sergio-aguerp.jpg

article-2676839-1F4F240100000578-270_638x717.jpg

david-silva-xabi-alonso-2009-10-9-6-42-58.jpg

article-2685004-1F3A0CA500000578-281_634x404.jpg

blueser wrote: »
    Yep; the records are identical. If the season ended now, there'd be a single leg (I think) play off at a neutral venue.

Ya 44 for 19 against.

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I haven't seen such a childish reaction to losing in quite some time. Chin up little fella.
    They were puzzling comments, seeing as it was a mod that made them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Wow, couple weeks ago Chelsea were destroying all around them and looking like odds on winners ... 1 loss constitutes a meltdown nowadays. Relax lads, top2 nailed on this season and a decent run in CL ... could be worse! Nice to see Jose's attitude to losing rubs off on players and fans alike.

Jose, you talk some sh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Salah is a poor player. His finishing is terrible. That attempt was shocking. Any other player even mikel would have scored ffs.

On this point, why was he actually bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Some awful sh*te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

monkey9 wrote: »

Nope Chelsea where top before kick off of there game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Longest post match interview ive seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Jose is some man for the conspiracies.

kryogen wrote: »
    On this point, why was he actually bought?

Coz de bruyne was sold.

I think. Hes got raw potential but hes not going to gwt 10 games to get confidence coz when he gets a chance he plays sh*te

nuxxx wrote: »
    sergio-aguerp.jpg

article-2676839-1F4F240100000578-270_638x717.jpg

david-silva-xabi-alonso-2009-10-9-6-42-58.jpg

Give me Hazard any day of the week ahead of all of them, without a doubt, without hesitation. Hazard is the greater talent, Hazard has the greater potential, Hazard could go on to be a great player, perhaps even at one of the great Spanish clubs, and, take note, I believe Hazard will be the player to drag his club to the Premier League title this season. Aguero, Di Maria, Silva, all wonderful talents in their own right, Hazard could become the best footballer on the planet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What's he saying? Can't see the game anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

klose wrote: »
    Longest post match interview ive seen

Toys everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He is a complete joke ,such a bad loser ,whining and making up conspiracies .
    The man has no class .

Thats only the second time he has conceded five goals as a manager ,the last being the 5-0 mauling by Barcelona .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

blueser wrote: »
    They were puzzling comments, seeing as it was a mod that made them.

People get frustrated when their teams lose, mods included. If you feel a poster has overstepped the line, report the post. If you feel the need to respond, attack the post and not the poster. Anything personal will be carded.

Give me Hazard any day of the week ahead of all of them, without a doubt, without hesitation. Hazard is the greater talent, Hazard has the greater potential, Hazard could go on to be a great player, perhaps even at one of the great Spanish clubs, and, take note, I believe Hazard will be the player to drag his club to the Premier League title this season. Aguero, Di Maria, Silva, all wonderful talents in their own right, Hazard could become the best footballer on the planet.

Who are talking about here? Hazard is it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Pity he couldn't drag his team by himself today, unlike Aguero, the real greatest player in the league has done time and time again this season when it matters most.

Pity he couldn't drag his team by himself today, unlike Aguero, the real greatest player in the league has done time and time again this season when it matters most.

What more could Hazard have done? He was quite brilliant, blistering. He had a hand in all 3 goals, scoring the second. Unless you are suggesting he should have slapped Cahill in the face to wake him up I don't know what else he can do. As I said, give me the mercurial Belgian any day of the week, he has no equal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement