Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs vs Chelsea Match Thread 1/1/2015 k/o 17.30 BT Sport1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

monkey9 wrote: »
    Who are talking about here? Hazard is it??

It could only be Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

THFC wrote: »
    F*cking hell man, and you're a mod??

Grow up you child.
    SeaDaily wrote: »
    I haven't seen such a childish reaction to losing in quite some time. Chin up little fella.
    SeaDaily wrote: »
    Very worrying that isn't it? When **** like this fella are mods.
    Fudge You wrote: »
    Jaysus, take the defeat and move on.
    You sound like a 13 year old.
    blueser wrote: »
    They were puzzling comments, seeing as it was a mod that made them.

I've never seen such an over-reaction to such innocuous comments.

That was the slyest attempt at an interview from whoever that was, everything he said was to rile Mourinho up. Vile.

Nevertheless, one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen from Chelsea. Oscar, Ramires, Ivanovic, Cahill, Fabregas, Costa need a prolonged rest or a good kick up the hole because they looked a mix between disinterested and extremely tired and I'd guess it's the latter. In the same vein, Courtouis looks nowhere near the world class keeper he's proclaimed to be. With a massive game against City on the 31st, this Winter collapse that's so synonymous with Chelsea needs to nipped in the bud right now. No excuses for that game today, it was no-ones fault except the 11 (bar Hazard) that were on the pitch.

Also, why are opposition fans so pre-occupied with every little thing that Mourinho does? It's quite odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

I've never seen such an over-reaction to such innocuous comments.

That was the slyest attempt at an interview from whoever that was, everything he said was to rile Mourinho up. Vile.

Nevertheless, one of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen from Chelsea. Oscar, Ramires, Ivanovic, Cahill, Fabregas, Costa need a prolonged rest or a good kick up the hole because they looked a mix between disinterested and extremely tired and I'd guess it's the latter. In the same vein, Courtouis looks nowhere near the world class keeper he's proclaimed to be. With a massive game against City on the 31st, this Winter collapse that's so synonymous with Chelsea needs to nipped in the bud right now. No excuses for that game today, it was no-ones fault except the 11 (bar Hazard) that were on the pitch.

Also, why are opposition fans so pre-occupied with every little thing that Mourinho does? It's quite odd.

ah would ya give over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Give me Hazard any day of the week ahead of all of them, without a doubt, without hesitation. Hazard is the greater talent, Hazard has the greater potential, Hazard could go on to be a great player, perhaps even at one of the great Spanish clubs, and, take note, I believe Hazard will be the player to drag his club to the Premier League title this season. Aguero, Di Maria, Silva, all wonderful talents in their own right, Hazard could become the best footballer on the planet.

He`ll never be in the same bracket as Ronaldo or Messi even though hes still so young. Aguero and Sanchez have had more of an individual impact at their clubs than Hazard has had, I'd take either ahead of him. Di Maria has proven to be quality, injuries have left him down this season, again I'd take a fully fit Di Maria over hazard. Obviously different players but Silva is more influential than him over 90 mins. Will only know for sure in a few years, but as things stand I don't see much to suggest Hazard will ever be considered better or on another level to those players.

He's a top player for sure, but they're are alot of top players in the EPL and he hasn't done anything amazing of note to be considered the best one whereas Aguero etc have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

What more could Hazard have done? He was quite brilliant, blistering. He had a hand in all 3 goals, scoring the second. Unless you are suggesting he should have slapped Cahill in the face to wake him up I don't know what else he can do. As I said, give me the mercurial Belgian any day of the week, he has no equal.

He played great from what I saw but Aguero has single handedly won games for City even when the defence has been absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

IP freely wrote: »
    Well done on your first win in 5 seasons over Chelsea.

Thank you.

He played great from what I saw but Aguero has single handedly won games for City even when the defence has been absolutely brutal.

As has Hazard....

yipeeeee wrote: »
    ah would ya give over.

for what part of it?

nuxxx wrote: »
    He`ll never be in the same bracket as Ronaldo or Messi even though hes still so young. Aguero and Sanchez have had more of an individual impact at their clubs than Hazard has had, I'd take either ahead of him. Di Maria has proven to be quality, injuries have left him down this season, again I'd take a fully fit Di Maria over hazard. Obviously different players but Silva is more influential than him over 90 mins. Will only know for sure in a few years, but as things stand I don't see much to suggest Hazard will ever be considered better or on another level to those players.

He's a top player for sure, but they're are alot of top players in the EPL and he hasn't done anything amazing of note to be considered the best one whereas Aguero etc have

Well good luck with all that.

I'd post a proper response but if you truly rate Aguero, Sanchez, Di Maria (!?!), and Silva over Hazard then really I need not waste my time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He is a complete joke ,such a bad loser ,whining and making up conspiracies .
    The man has no class .

Thats only the second time he has conceded five goals as a manager ,the last being the 5-0 mauling by Barcelona .
    I can see how he had a certain "charm" about him once, notably in his first period at Chelsea. But now? No. He's turned into a sour, bitter individual who thinks the whole of football is against him and his team. He's morphing into a new Warnock, always the ref's fault. And, like I said earlier, the London media lap up his every word. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd post a proper response but if you truly rate Aguero, Sanchez, Di Maria (!?!), and Silva over Hazard then really I need not waste my time.

I'd take a fit Aguero over Hazard, but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Waste your time?

Are you actually going to try to pretend you don't enjoy the long winded rambly nonsense posts you litter the forum with? (I am not complaining, I get great amusement from them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another thing thats annoying me why disnt he play drogba or remy? Given salah amd ramires had two great chances, better players bury those chances they fluffed.

No 2nd cf was baffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Writing ridiculous posts with bad English trying to sound smart and then opting out against a serious reply. Right you are sir :confused:

Must be outrageous to suggest I rate Di Maria given how he won the CL last season and got to the WC final playing massive roles

kryogen wrote: »
    Waste your time?

Are you actually going to try to pretend you don't enjoy the long winded rambly nonsense posts you litter the forum with? (I am not complaining, I get great amusement from them)

Yes Kryogen, waste my time. If his opinions are so biased then really I need not even try.

Thank you, I enjoy your many responses to my posts.

for what part of it?

If people have a problem with what Jose said it's because he brings the attention on himself so we have every right to analyse it.

He loves people to listen to his ****e when he is in a good mood.

It's not weird as you suggested.

I can see how he had a certain "charm" about him once, notably in his first period at Chelsea. But now? No. He's turned into a sour, bitter individual who thinks the whole of football is against him and his team. He's morphing into a new Warnock, always the ref's fault. And, like I said earlier, the London media lap up his every word. Odd.

I think this post sums up exactly what he's trying to do.

He could have blamed his atrocious defence and sub-par team but he didn't because it's so clear and utterly hilarious how wound-up people get over his comments. Listen to the vile questions he was asked, you could almost hear him trying to suppress a sarcastic eye roll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Relax, just don't think everyone gets as wet as you about Hazard is all. Sure enough he is as important as Sanchez is to Arsenal this season and probably Silva is for City right now. He is having a terrific season and if he can see out the season before burnout then he can be judged.

But he cannot be the best player on the planet unless Messi/Ronaldo are out of the picture and even then he faces stiff competition from Aguero/Suarez/Iniesta and Rooney ;) ...

I'd definitely take Aguero over Hazard and Silva arguably. Silva is probably the most influential to their team of the three actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ha, yeah maybe he does rate Di Maria better, I'd have them roughly on a par with each other but given your !?! presumably you don't think the Motm in the CL final and the most important Argentine at the WC bar Mascherano is at the level of someone who's main achievement is seemingly being on the 3rd best team in the PL last season.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Writing ridiculous posts with bad English trying to sound smart and then opting out against a serious reply. Right you are sir :confused:

Must be outrageous to suggest I rate Di Maria given how he won the CL last season and got to the WC final playing massive roles

Was it a serious reply? I'd considered the possibility that it may have been a spoof such was the rather outlandish content.

Odd how Real Madrid were happy to offer him to clubs in the Summer were he so important. And here he is at Man Utd, how is that going?

I think this post sums up exactly what he's trying to do.

He could have blamed his atrocious defence and sub-par team but he didn't because it's so clear and utterly hilarious how wound-up people get over his comments. Listen to the vile questions he was asked, you could almost hear him trying to suppress a sarcastic eye roll

you think those questions are vile?

You live a sheltered life my man.

Relax, just don't think everyone gets as wet as you about Hazard is all. Sure enough he is as important as Sanchez is to Arsenal this season and probably Silva is for City right now. He is having a terrific season and if he can see out the season before burnout then he can be judged.

But he cannot be the best player on the planet unless Messi/Ronaldo are out of the picture and even then he faces stiff competition from Aguero/Suarez/Iniesta and Rooney ;) ...

Well demostheness, maybe they should get more wet for Hazard.

Give it a few years, I think he will be right up there.

If people have a problem with what Jose said it's because he brings the attention on himself so we have every right to analyse it.

He loves people to listen to his ****e when he is in a good mood.

It's not weird as you suggested.

I love comments like this! He "loves it" does he? When did he say that?

I don't understand why people actually get wound up and emotional over him defending his own team, it's so sad and hilarious at the same time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Aguero is the best player in the league, I'd have Hazard over di Maria and Sanchez though.

• Advertisement

Yes Kryogen, waste my time. If his opinions are so biased then really I need not even try.

Thank you, I enjoy your many responses to my posts.

Its a discussion board though, and your opinions are certainly no less biased then anybody elses so if you want to take that attitude then why bother posting at all?

Liam O wrote: »
    Ha, yeah maybe he does rate Di Maria better, I'd have them roughly on a par with each other but given your !?! presumably you don't think the Motm in the CL final and the most important Argentine at the WC bar Mascherano is at the level of someone who's main achievement is seemingly being on the 3rd best team in the PL last season.

Messi and his player of the tournament award called. I wouldn't have them on par at all. Anyone who watches them play can see Hazard is the better player.

Its a discussion board though, and your opinions are certainly no less biased then anybody elses so if you want to take that attitude then why bother posting at all?

I don't agree that my posts are biased.

Because apparently there's a contingent here that doesn't rate Hazard as highly as they should and I'm here to convert them.

you think those questions are vile?

You live a sheltered life my man.

:confused:

I cannot only compare the questions that are asked to Mourinho against questions that would be asked to other managers in the Premier League. In comparison to what other managers are asked, the questions were far more leading and attempting to rile him up and cause controversy where there is none; more vile

The interviewers are worse for inventing hysteria and conspiracies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Messi and his player of the tournament award called. I wouldn't have them on par at all. Anyone who watches them play can see Hazard is the better player.

What happened to Messi once Di Maria got injured there Ando?

• Advertisement

I cannot only compare the questions that are asked to Mourinho against questions that would be asked to other managers in the Premier League. In comparison to what other managers are asked, the questions were far more leading and attempting to rile him up and cause controversy where there is none; more vile

Jesus Christ, they do it to every manager.

Jose is a big boy who can handle it.

Vile questions they are not.

Stop playing the victim card.

Because apparently there's a contingent here that doesn't rate Hazard as highly as they should and I'm here to convert them.

Of course you don't agree your posts are biased! :) Thats kinda part of it, if you were able to view things with balance, they wouldn't be biased.

Hence your biased posts seeming totally fair and even to you is not exactly surprising.

Jesus Christ, they do it to every manager.

Jose is a big boy who can handle it.

Vile questions they are not.

Stop playing the victim card.

what are you talking about, the victim card? I didn't say he couldn't handle it?

I disagree they are not vile questions.
    I'm not sure you really know what you're arguing for

Liam O wrote: »
    What happened to Messi once Di Maria got injured there Ando?

I think that's too simplistic an answer. I'd argue that had Aguero been at even 60% performance level then Argentina would be World Champions. Di Maria is a very good player but at Real Madrid he played third fiddle to Ronaldo and Bale, for Argentina he plays third fiddle to Messi and Aguero, at Man Utd I don't think he is the main man either. For Belgium and Chelsea Eden Hazard is number 1, he is everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

what are you talking about, the victim card? I didn't say he couldn't handle it?

I disagree they are not vile questions.
    I'm not sure you really know what you're arguing for

What was he asked that you consider vile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

"Vile"? Seriously?

:rolleyes:

I like Di Maria but he hasn't even been one of United's three best players this season never mind rivalling Hazard, Aguero and co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Convert them?

Would you ever **** off.

Of course you don't agree your posts are biased! :) Thats kinda part of it, if you were able to view things with balance, they wouldn't be biased.

Hence your biased posts seeming totally fair and even to you is not exactly surprising.

Even if you accept that everyone is biased, there's an acceptable level of bias and then there's Silva, Di Maria, Sanchez and Aguero all better than Hazard level.

I think that's too simplistic an answer. I'd argue that had Aguero been at even 60% performance level then Argentina would be World Champions. Di Maria is a very good player but at Real Madrid he played third fiddle to Ronaldo and Bale, for Argentina he plays third fiddle to Messi and Aguero, at Man Utd I don't think he is the main man either. For Belgium and Chelsea Eden Hazard is number 1, he is everything.

They didn't do too badly without him at the World Cup

• Advertisement

"Vile"? Seriously?

:rolleyes:

yes

yes

How so?

Edit. Partially answered below

ronjo wrote: »
    What was he asked that you consider vile?

Listen back to the first two questions he is asked and you'll probably hear my eyes rolling from here

Listen back to the first two questions he is asked and you'll probably hear my eyes rolling from here

I am in central Europe and can't hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Funny that. Reading your posts you would wonder do you actually watch games or just look up superlatives to describe the favourite player of the teams you support. Di Maria was Argentina's best player in qualifying and at the world cup. He won player of the year for Argentina, not Messi or Aguero.

Hazard would also play 'third fiddle' to Ronaldo and Bale. Like it or lump it he would end up in the exact same situation as Di Maria was in at Madrid.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Convert them?

Would you ever **** off.

At least now I know where to start.

ronjo wrote: »
    I am in central Europe and can't hear it

oh ok

oh ok

So what was vile?

oh ok

Well come on put up the questions you thought were vile for us all to see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hazard is a great player and I'm gutted United never signed him. Probably won't ever be the best player in the world though. By the time he is 30, Messi will still only be 33. Scary how long he and Ronaldo have dominated the top 2 positions in the Ballon D'Or.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement