Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Audio Tapes to CD

Options
  • 01-01-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of somewhere in the Limerick/Ennis area that does this kind of job.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Not commercially, no, but would you not consider just buying a CD recorder? I bought one myself some years back (before the advent of MP3s) for the purpose of preserving vinyl and some audio cassettes I knew I'd be unlikely to find again. It doesn't "improve" the sound quality obviously, but it does preserve it at whatever standard it's at while being recorded.

Not many companies manufacture them, in fact the only one I'd ever seen for sale myself was from Pioneer which is the one I bought, but I can tell you it was well worth the money. It might be a bit much to spend if you're only looking at recording one or two items, sure, but personally I got great mileage out of mine. It's not just the standard of the CD recording which was excellent, as a stand alone CD player it was also outstanding quality for the playback. So if you happen to be in the market for a new CD player anyway, it's worth spending a little extra.

If your local HiFi store doesn't have one in stock I'd be surprised if they couldn't order one handy enough. They're also easily bought from the likes of Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

Thanks misterbizmuth.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭cnoc

That product looks good pixbyjohn. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

cnoc wrote: »
    That product looks good pixbyjohn. Thanks.

I have used similar and found it great. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

You can just use software though right? If you download some kind of audio recorder, then plug your tape player into the earphone socket of your computer, hit "record" on the software and play on the tape, you can record it that way. Depending on the software, the file created will be a WAV or MP3, which you can then use to burn a CD with.

It'll take a while but it'll be free. And you can even do individual files for each track, rather than one big long one.

Advertisement