Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant compile/debug Android code in Java

Options
  • 01-01-2015 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭

Getting below error even though Intel HAXM is definitely installed (checked my SDK Manager)

C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -avd Nexus_5_API_21_x86 -netspeed full -netdelay none
    emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
    Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
    CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

Any ideas? Bit miffed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

You need VT-x enabled on your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EamonnDunne

Genymotion (can't post a link as I'm a new user, google it) is an extremely popular replacement for the stock Android emulator, on average it performs a lot faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Getting below error even though Intel HAXM is definitely installed (checked my SDK Manager)

C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -avd Nexus_5_API_21_x86 -netspeed full -netdelay none
    emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
    Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
    CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

Any ideas? Bit miffed.

I was having a similar issue when I installed Android Studio a couple of weeks ago. Turns out that because I have an AMD processor and not an Intel one that it won't work, even though my processor can handle virtualisation technology.

Genymotion (can't post a link as I'm a new user, google it) is an extremely popular replacement for the stock Android emulator, on average it performs a lot faster.

^^ This is the best solution. It's fairly easy to install and set up.

First you need to install oracle virtualbox,

then install genymotion

Once you install genymotion, you can create your own emulator for whatever type of device you want. Once this is created and genymotion is running, it will be picked up by android studio when you go to run your program.

Advertisement