Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC2 6th Jan 8pm 'Six puppies and me'

• 01-01-2015 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Might be of interest to someone...

'Every year more than a quarter of a million British households take on a potentially life-changing responsibility – a puppy. This new two-part series will follow six very different puppies and their new owners over the course of their first tumultuous year together.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/01/six-puppies-and-us

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That sounds like such a great idea for a programme- hopefully it'll make some people stop and think about taking on a puppy and show how hard it can be! A lot of people are absolutely clueless to the nitty gritty of a pup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DforDisaster

Thank you so much for posting this link. I don't have "proper" tv (just watch via the internet) so I often don't find out when shows like this are on. Having just gotten a puppy I can't wait to see other peoples experiences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

this sounds exactly the type of show i like! thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Looking forward to this.
    I just hope it doesn't make me want one because we cant just now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've set the timer. But I have a horrible feeling that this will just solidify my wish for another dog. And we still have Cruft's!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Thanks OP! I am going to love this show but jealous cause I can't have my own :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I'd totally forgotten just how much hard work, attention and cold hard cash dog-ownership entails. I wouldn't trade the pup for rest, peace or savings but it might some people pause. Thanks for sharing.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    I'd totally forgotten just how much hard work, attention and cold hard cash dog-ownership entails. I wouldn't trade the pup for rest, peace or savings but it might some people pause. Thanks for sharing.

But its worth every single penny when you get repaid with years of affection,companionship and loyalty!
    Our guy is 15 now so while he's still with us we cant have another. For almost 4 years now he has been on medication every day and sleeps with one of us at night so you have to go up and down with him a few times at night but if it means he stays with us longer its worth it. Apart from all the usual costs of pet ownership you mention, we have had mounting vet bills over the last 4 years but he almost died then so we see it as bonus time. We don't have insurance, never did but thats an additional cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

ryanf1 wrote: »
    But its worth every single penny when you get repaid with years of affection,companionship and loyalty!
    Our guy is 15 now so while he's still with us we cant have another. For almost 4 years now he has been on medication every day and sleeps with one of us at night so you have to go up and down with him a few times at night but if it means he stays with us longer its worth it. Apart from all the usual costs of pet ownership you mention, we have had mounting vet bills over the last 4 years but he almost died then so we see it as bonus time. We don't have insurance, never did but thats an additional cost.

If I get up for the loo at 3am she often wants out too so we have the same trudge down and up as you but it's worth it to keep her comfortable. I have insurance, just for peace of mind but it doesn't cover everything. I don't mind. She's part of the family.

Just bumping this to remind everyone its on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I'm hoping at least a couple of the pups will be from a rescue and that there'll be no mention of pack leaders.....

dp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm already irritated by this show!

sigh....me too!!!

Go Byron - bit the ass off that stupid woman! :p

...Lucy is going mad looking for the toy any time one squeaks on the tv :p

I'm going to have to stop watching this is infuriating me stupid people!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I already hate that woman with the poodle beagle cross (?) called Byron.

The family with the weimaraner vizla cross have un-trained a toilet trained dog. What the heck?!

poor Lily

On a side note, that poor woman, training to be a nurse and fell down the stairs in her house. So sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Jesus Christ dog falls off the bed then gets run over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My two dogs are watching it barking at the tv, swear they were Angels haha. And that family with Byron? He doesn't stand a chance with that child pulling out of him!

hurray Stanley is from Battersea!

The rottweiler cross is from Battersea Dogs Home. The poor fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Poor little Lilly the cavalier she has the patience of a saint, if Alli tried that with moone there's no way moone would take it as well as Lilly is! Why are they not being supervised!!!

This young fellas dad trains dogs??????

yipeeeee wrote: »
    This young fellas dad trains dogs??????

I was just thinking that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Jess, sit, Jess, sit, sit, sit, sit...

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

FFS - wish I had of watched Easties on +1. Pet Corrector on a young pup :mad:

Talking about putting Byron down already!! Seriously!!

• Advertisement

These two ugh.

Advertisement