Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor Capacitor: Where can I get one near Naas

Options
  • 01-01-2015 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Been having a problem with the motor on my boiler not starting regularly... Checked the motor capacitor and it's only reading 1uF (should be 4uF), so I think this is the problem..

76LCvq.jpg

Does anybody know where I can get one near Naas. I bought one in Glengorey Pumps before, but I'm not sure they'd have this one..

thanks,
    J

Comments

It's very difficult get an accurate reading of capacitance with a DMM...even a good one unless the capacitor is completely junked. An ESR meter is required.
    Looks like a non polarised jobby for motor regulation, Ebay I'd say...not the sortov thing you'd find in a bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Try a plumbing supplier, some stock parts for Rielo burners, including their capacitors.

A motor rewind company may also stock them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

It's very difficult get an accurate reading of capacitance with a DMM...even a good one unless the capacitor is completely junked. An ESR meter is required.

Found two places that stocked them, Chadwicks in Naas (who seem to stock all the bits for the Riello boilers) and Heat Merchants in the M7 Business park....

I have two good capacitance meters, one is an ESR meter also.. And both read 0.98uF.. The ESR was reading almost 1 ohm as well .... as opposed to the new one which reads just 0.02 ohms.... The new capacitor is in and the boiler ran first time, so fingers crossed I wont be skipping to keep warm anymore..

Advertisement