Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickel or Brushed Steel Double Sockets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well both of those look like flat accessories. these look well, but the wall finish needs to be 100%
    Thay can look very bad on a poorly finshied wall. Like my house :)

if you have great walls do for them, if you dont I'd avoid them.

You could have a look at the nearly flat ranges from MK but you wont get them for that price

these are good prices, dont know what the quality would be like.

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/lap-13a-2-gang-sp-switched-plug-sockets-polished-chrome-pack-of-5.html?___SID=U

i know these look a little hickey compared to the flat ones, but on tiles and most Irish walls they are more forgiving to poor plastering and tiles that are not flat.

MK do a range of nearly flat sockets, just a 2mm ridge, but they can look better. I think IMHO the industry is moving away from 100% flat plates

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but did you go ahead and order these?

Any issues with them?

I'm in the market for 90 odd (don't ask) so obviously not looking to pay the 20+ euro RRP per socket.

--EDIT:
    I've actually just googled the brand 'LAP' - and it has got some poor reviews with persistent failures. Looks like a cheap brand dedicated to Screwfix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

LAP is complete and utter rubbish - it is Screwfix's own brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I did'nt go with them, spent the money and got premier brand. Its something you will never change so the expense is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Thanks - good to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement