Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS System

Options
  • 02-01-2015 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Hoping for some advice. We have a small shop with just a basic till that we read every day and gives us a figure. So now that it is stock taking time again I think it is time to upgrade. We are tight on cash always so looking for cheap as possible yet good. I found this system airpointofsale.com/ has anyone any experience of them? Do you think I could use this with a standard laptop (not touchscreen). So then I was looking at printers and scanners and you can get them very cheap on ebay from china but would that be a mistake? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We use getpose.com its $49 a month so no big upfront costs. Works on anything that runs chrome. Got a cash draw and receipt printer online for next to nothing! It's handy being able to use the till anywhere and being able to log in on the phone etc. The back office system is really good and it has a very good crm system built in too. Customer service is also superb really couldn't recommend it enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Genghis

Hi OP, cloud-based / smart POS is definitely the way to go for control, for price, for functionality, for remote access.

I work for a company located in Ireland and working in this space, but I am conscious of breaking forum rules.

If you want to PM me, please do, I would be very happy to help you out if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 foregloss

Hi Jimmii, do you mind if I ask where you got the printer, anything I need to look for, there are so many options and price variance. Do you use a scanner? Whats crm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

foregloss wrote: »
    Hi Jimmii, do you mind if I ask where you got the printer, anything I need to look for, there are so many options and price variance. Do you use a scanner? Whats crm?

I got an epson tm t88v you can get them on eBay or amazon etc second hand if need be and the till drawer is just linked to that so any should work fine. New printers are pretty expensive if you are thinking of going android/IOS as an operating system then you will probably be better off with a newer Bluetooth printer as I'm not sure many of the wired printers will have the available software. Less clutter is alwys good too! There are some very cheap Chinese receipt printers out there but I would pay the extra for a branded one easier to get fixed if there is a problem too.

I don't use a scanner but they are also easy to install we use a lot of small local suppliers so it wouldn't be worth the time it takes to barcode everything.

CRM is customer relationship management basically its your tesco clubcard system a good one is very much worth getting (check out how much tesco paid!).

Advertisement