Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two hobs, two ovens in one kitchen?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,103 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Is 2 hobs not a bit overkill? I got by at Christmas by using a steamer for 2 of the veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is there a back kitchen or utility room in your new house ?
    Would it be worth going for a decent sized hob and a double oven in the kitchen and sticking a cheapo gas (from a bottle) cooker in utility room - extra capacity and back up in case of power cuts ect and out of the way most of the time -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

GreeBo wrote: »
    Double appliances, not people.

I rarely need more than 2 rings on the cooker. Used 4 there one day last week.

I'm just joking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,591 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We have a Rangemaster 110, four gas rings, wok ring, electric hot plate, two ovens, grill.
    It's a fantastic cooker. Herself and the girls cook and bake allot and get great use from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

_Brian wrote: »
    We have a Rangemaster 110, four gas rings, wok ring, electric hot plate, two ovens, grill.
    It's a fantastic cooker. Herself and the girls cook and bake allot and get great use from it.

They are what you want for serious cooking alright. And a pressure pot/cooker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If two hobs are going to be needed has anyone thought of the number of pots and pans needed along with their storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jmurrayie

I wanted to go with 2 fan ovens when building and didn't do it. Really regret it. We have gas hob that works off large bottle of gas. It only needs changing maybe every 10 months. I'd think you should manage with larger hob and two ovens. You might not use it all the time but I think its a great idea if you have the space. Good luck with building:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lindy123

More than 10 years ago I did this: 2 electric fan ovens side by side (same brand) and above them one gas hob and one electric hob (4 rings each). This set up looks like one large cooker.

I cook with mostly with the gas hob every day, from a cylinder that lasts months. If the electricity is off I have the gas hob to cook with, boil water for cup of tea etc. If the gas ever runs out, I have various electric options. On the electric hob, I can simmer pot roasts, gravy, soup etc at low temperatures, while cooking dinner. The electric hob on low temp also keeps cooked pots warm after being cooked on the gas. The two ovens are brilliant for cooking at different temperatures, and keeping dinners warm at same time.

I don't remember any massive wiring expenses or difficulties, and never had tripping. All one on wall switch. I have two large sliding drawers for pots and pans - not excessive in my opinion.

OP, the other useful thing I did is a double sink - if you have space, it is brilliant for dish washing and rinsing (I also have a dishwasher nearby) and you also have a sink for draining pasta etc even if you have dishes in on sink. HTH

Advertisement