Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail for business - Questions

Options
  • 02-01-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭

I'm currently using a hosted exchange package for company email (five accounts), but need to get some way of tracking email & it seems that there's nothing around for exchange, with a load available for gmail.

Does anyone who uses company email on gmail use things like bananatag ? Do they work well together ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

What specifically do you mean by 'tracking email'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

See what happens after I press send (basically), was it opened, (how many times), deleted, forwarded etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I use a free bananatag account on gmail with 3 business email accounts. Works well and no complaints. Will probably go for a bananatag sub soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I haven't used these services, but I'd proceed with caution. Have a think about it from the email recipient's point of view.

Bananatag and similar services operate by running code on the recipient's computer. Many recipients will have various degrees of restrictions on their computer about what code can operate. Recipients in corporate environments will have very little control over these restrictions. I'd be concerned that many recipients will find themselves getting warning messages or similar when they touch emails sent with these tracking services.

I'd also wonder about how specifically you will use the information gathered on a systemic basis.

RainyDay wrote: »

I'd also wonder about how specifically you will use the information gathered on a systemic basis.

It's for prospecting, that's the sole use of it. Mails are sent after an initial phone RPC has been made.

• Advertisement

Writhen, did you find it easy to incorporate & do you use any other services with it ?

Did you go through a reseller for configuration or direct through google?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭guitarrrszz

bananatag is a good option

Advertisement