Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapira double edge blades going very cheap on eBay.

Options
  • 02-01-2015 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Because of the falling Ruble the Rapira blades sold by Russian dealers are going real cheap. I picked up 400 NEW Platinum Lux Rapira double edge safety razor blades. They're going for 4.13 euro for 100. Voskhods are the same http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271718781928

Fantastic deal. The Platinum Lux are my go to blade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

I haven't tried any of these but am looking for some new blades and they certainly are fantastic prices. To date, I have been mainly using Astras, personnas, Gillettes (yellow and black), Sharks and Feathers. How do these Russian blades compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Order the 140 blade selection there, needed some new blades so will try them out. Thanks to the poster for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

For me the Platinum Lux is sharp like the Gillette yellows but way smoother. I found all the Rapira's great. The other blades that work for me are the Personna Med preps and Polsilver Super Iridiums. If they were all the same price I'd still go with Platinum Lux though. The Voskhods are popular with many of people. This is a great website if you want to try different blades. http://www.tryablade.com/blade
    BTW if you like feathers try the BIC Chrome Platinum's I found them to be very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I just bought the Voskhods as well,
    Worth a shot at that price,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks for the link.
    I bought the mixed selection of 120 blades for $5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

Got the last of the Voskhods. Thanks again.

Just got my shipping notice.

Got my shipping notice as well.

He's selling a 100 mixed Rapira's for 3.56 euro's. That's a good price for those wanting to sample these Russian blades. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/100-Mixed-Rapira-Sputnik-Voskhod-double-edge-razor-blades-NEW-/281555571593?pt=US_Shaving_Hair_Removal&hash=item418e051389

I just bought the 100 mixed pack as well as the Voskhods the other day, wish I'd had seen the mixed add first but never mind I'll have plenty Russian blades...Hope they will be OK

• Advertisement

My blades came today.
    Yup, I think I'm prepared for "Shave Apocalypse".

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Mine arrived today, got the 140 selection. Time to try new blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

My blades came today.
    Yup, I think I'm prepared for "Shave Apocalypse".

Did you have to pay VAT on them? As I know 400 blades is close to cut off limits for VAT

hfallada wrote: »
    Did you have to pay VAT on them? As I know 400 blades is close to cut off limits for VAT

No, didn't pay vat even though I had to sign for it.

I had a shave with the rapiras yesterday.

With 3 days growth it only took 2 passes to get a nice smooth shave. I'm not an expert on blades and shaving like some here but I was suitably impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Mine arrived today. They were extremely well packed. They were double wrapped in plastic form and I didnt get hit with VAT. An excellent seller. Better packed than most of my amazon parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Missed the boat on the Voskhods which are my go-to blade at the moment. I was using a rocket hd to which personna blues were perfect. Changed over last year and Voskhods definitely suit this one best. I've tried his sampler before but Voskhods stood out as even better than feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭skankles

+1 for Voskhods. They're brilliant. Really smooth and are as good as polsilver iridiums. I got them from the Russian eBayer within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I got those rapiras a few days ago. 3 day beard and 2 passes aswell, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Got 100 Voskhods and 100 Platinum Lux, quick delivery, extremely well packaged. Tried Voskhod this morning and had great shave, hope Platinum Lux is similar, Big thanks to Uncle Sam for highlighting these blades.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Best packaged blades - ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I too bought a 5-type, 100 blade sampler. Just had a really surprisingly good shave with a Sputnik blade. Hope the other 4 types are as good - Ladas, 2 types of Rapira and Voskhods, sounds like they will be. Cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thanks OP

Picked up 100 of each,
    100 NEW Voskhod Rapira double edge safetey razor blades
    100 NEW Platinum Lux Rapira double edge safety

€20 shipped. I typically use Astra's but in the mood to try around and see what other blades have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I ordered two of the 100 blade sampler packs. Worked out at just under €20 which is great value.

Advertisement