Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

for me yela's love story >>> kendrick's to pimp a butterfly, love story is a lot more solid from start to finish, great album.

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

for me yela's love story >>> kendrick's to pimp a butterfly, love story is a lot more solid from start to finish, great album.

id agree too..yelawolfs album really is something completly different

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oddisee's album is incredible. He has really developed as a rapper and elevated his beats on this one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If yer looking for a stream of the new Blueprint album, check it out here -> http://printmatic.bandcamp.com/album/king-no-crown

Blueprint is not an easy rapper to embrace at first listen, but I would suggest giving him a try. This sounds alot more accessible than his previous albums (which are f*cking great).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Rakim to release a new solo album hopefully mid 2015

http://www.fevatv.com/rakim-to-release-new-solo-album-in-2015-read/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I don't wanna hear Rakim unless he's over some Preemo beats and gets solid production throughout. The 7th Seal was fantastic lyrically but the production let the album down completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

New Earl

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

It's getting some seriously terrible review at the moment. A light 3 from Fantano and a 4.9 from pitchfork.

I can't really see where they are coming from. It's a really cohesive, quality album imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

This new Oddisee is nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

SeaDaily wrote: »
    It's getting some seriously terrible review at the moment. A light 3 from Fantano and a 4.9 from pitchfork.

I can't really see where they are coming from. It's a really cohesive, quality album imo.

Really? thats a bit odd alright, it is what radioactive possibly should of been because that was imo a letdown.

My favorites so far are Till its gone, sky is the limit,change and best friend. I must say though I'm really liking it a lot, I wasn't expecting much from it either, but I love it when an album you give you a spin for the sake of it turns out to be great, xzibits napalm was probably the last time this happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

no way . just .. no way .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If yer looking for a stream of the new Blueprint album, check it out here -> http://printmatic.bandcamp.com/album/king-no-crown

Blueprint is not an easy rapper to embrace at first listen, but I would suggest giving him a try. This sounds alot more accessible than his previous albums (which are f*cking great).

My copy came today so I'll probably get giving it a spin on the way to work in the morning.

Andy Cooper from Ugly Duckling released a free ep yesterday creatively called The Free EP. The Yudee boys can do no wrong.

https://uglyduckling.bandcamp.com/album/the-free-ep

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

http://liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/third-side-of-tape

new lil ugly mane - third side of the three-sided tap!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

Surf & A.L.L.A both dropping within the next two weeks cannot wait

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Slim1996

JMEs album out tonight aswell hes dropping heat

My album of the day is RJD2 & STS.
    For some reason I wasn't really expecting much from this. By golly was I wrong.
    It's loud, dope beats, cuts, great raps.....STS is much better at rapping than what I last heard from him.
    RJ and S work extremely well together.....f*ck, I'm really impressed with this, this could be featured in a end of year top 10 list.

New album for today is Clear Soul Forces -> Fab Five

They've really built on their albums so far, this keeps their traditional sound and group dynamic, but elevated somewhat from the last few releases. I'm digging this one, lots of head nodding.

My album of the week is God's Will by William Cooper. Great album overall with some fantastic features from the likes of Sean Price, Killah Priest, Ill Bill, Planet Asia, Pacewon and Diabolic. Highly recommend this one.

A couple of new albums that I checked out today

Snoop Dogg - BUSH
    Best thing I've heard from Snoop in a long time. Nothing too deep, nothing unexpected, but a fun listen.

Lyrics Born - Real People
    I've been a fan of LB for a long time now, this album seems like just more of the same from him, no new ground broken which I feel he needs at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It's loud, dope beats, cuts, great raps.....STS is much better at rapping than what I last heard from him.
    RJ and S work extremely well together.....f*ck, I'm really impressed with this, this could be featured in a end of year top 10 list.

Have you a legal link to listen to it?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Have you a legal link to listen to it?

https://soundcloud.com/officialrjd2/sets/sts-x-rjd2

Twelve Reasons To Die 2!!!!!!
    Here's the first jam from it.

https://soundcloud.com/linearlabs/02-return-of-the-savage-feat-raekwon-and-rza-1

Cant believe I havent posted this here yet. New single from the homie The Expert

https://soundcloud.com/itstheexpert/da-wha

Album coming soon

For anyone who's a fan of Factor (everyone should be btw, fantastic producer), he dropped an album with Myka 9 of Freestyle Fellowship and once ghostwrote for NWA...he's a west coast pioneer and legend. But yeah the album is incredible, probably the best album I have heard with some time.

Murs' new album is pretty good too....a chunk of filler which is to be expected but some great great stuff here too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

as good as soul position?

peteeeed wrote: »
    as good as soul position?

Very different, STS and Blueprint are quite different in their style, substance and delivery. But RJ's beats are the best I've heard since Soul Position and his album with Aceyalone.

Here's a new vidoe that just dropped today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

All the artists from G-Unit need to let it go now, they had a good run from 2002-2006 when game started to sh*t on them. All their music sounds dated and like it should have came out 10 years ago.

How 50 cent is a businessman and cant see it is beyond me. I think he'd like to be as timeless as Jay or Diddy and be placed up with them. Wont happen unfortunatley. I like 50's old music but anything after GRODT was absolute ass

The Documentary 2 will be the last significant album to come from that whole camp (past and present) and id be willing to say it will disappoint, despite being a game fan myself. These guys are just not of this era and as a result it feels like they dont fit. From a musical perspective games the only one who's stayed consistent

• Advertisement

Camp Lo making another comeback, this I like. Have the album, just waiting to give it a listen

Advertisement