Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Recipe for Sausagemeat Stuffing recipe in Stork/Christmas Baking or Good Food

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Everyone,

I just found this site forum while doing an on-line search 'Stork Margarine -Sausagemeat Stuffing Recipe'.
    The link was to 2055918943 Post, who was also looking for a Sausagemeat Stuffing recipe.

I was thrilled at 1st and thought that I had finally found the recipe until I realized there were no potatoes in this stuffing version.

I believe the recipe was in either the;

Stork/Christmas Baking -Special Edition Booklet, or the
    Stork/Good Food Cook Book

We got the Stork Cookbooks back in the 80's by collecting the Stork Margarine wrappers and mailed them in to get the cookbooks.

Unfortunately one of my 5 siblings borrowed the cookbooks and they are now misplaced.

While I think I remember most of the actual ingredients that go into the recipe, it is getting the right ratio of ingredients that is the challenge.

The stuffing I made last year was a little too wet, so we added a few extra cups of breadcrumbs this year and it turned out way too dry :(

The ingredients in the recipe that I remember;

ü Stork Margarine
    ü Onion
    ü Mixed Herbs
    ü Salt & Pepper
    ü Breadcrumbs
    } Mashed Potatoes
    ü Sausagemeat

My fingers are crossed that someone else out there remembers and still has these Stork Cookbooks. I'll gladly pay any costs incurred to scan or copy the recipe. I live in Canada now, but all my family still lives in Bantry, which is in West Cork.

God Bless for now and Happy New Year,
    Thanks,

Margaret

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi Margaret, I have the brown mc donnells good food cookbook (puff pastry plait on cover, 1976) and the Sausage meat stuffing recipe is as follows:

2lbs/900g sausage meat
    2oz/50g stork margarine
    1 large onion diced
    1 tablespoon chopped parsley
    1 teaspoon mixed herbs
    4oz/125g breadcrumbs
    1 egg lightly beaten

Method:
    Place the sausage meat in a bowl.
    Melt the stork and fry the onion til soft.
    Add parsley, mixed herbs and breadcrumbs, mix and add to sausage meat mixing well.
    Bind together with the beaten egg.

Sufficient to stuff a 10-12lb turkey.

No mention of potatoes in the recipe. I hope this helps - perhaps another boardsie can check another edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bernie23

Hi Margaret

I wish I had seen your post many moons ago but here is the recipe from The Stork Cookbook by McDonnells. You may have found it since but just in case you haven't I hope this is helpful

Merry Christmas

Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

My top tip is don’t buy sausage meat. Very bland. Use good sausages instead, taken out of their skins. I also add toasted pine nuts to stuffing.

Advertisement