Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Offer with dual thermostats

Options
  • 02-01-2015 9:59am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Was trying to sign up for the Nest price plan online, but there did not appear to be a way to order two thermostats, our heating is broken into two zones (upstairs/downstairs).

Do I have to do this over the phone?

Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi liamog,

Thanks for your post.

The online offer only covers installation of a single Nest Thermostat. If you require installation of an additional Nest Thermostat to facilitate a two-zone heating system, the cost would be €270. If you call our Home Services team 1850 30 50 85 (line open 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) they will be able to organise this for you.

For more information on the Nest Thermostats and how it can lower your heating bills, see here.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mark_LL

Hi,

Following on from above, I have a few questions:

How do I organize for someone to call to my house to take a look at my current system and tell me if the nest will work etc.? Do I have to pay for this if I cant get, or decide not to get the nest? If there is a charge, how much? I live in County Leitrim, if that makes any difference?

I couldn't find any specific details on the 2 year plan you need to sign up for to get the nest. Details on monthly charges and unit rates etc.? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the help,
    Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your interest in Nest with Electric Ireland. <snip>

We would recommend talking to our dedicated Home Services team on 1850 30 50 85 for further information (they are open until 6pm Monday to Friday). ETA: They can advise on the call whether your boiler would be compatible with Nest or not. There are contractors who install Nest nationwide, including in Leitrim. The two-year contract with the Nest thermostat and its installation for no cost includes the standard Electric Ireland unit rate for electricity/gas (the electricity unit being dependent on whether the customer has a standard 24-hour meter or a day/night meter) and direct debit and online billing are required.
    There are further details regarding the Nest offer, on the switching page of the Electric Ireland website. The first column on the left relates to the Nest offer.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Mark,

Home Services have advised they can give you a call if you are interested in this. Just private message us your name and telephone number if so, we are here until 6pm.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

There are contractors who install Nest nationwide, including in Leitrim.
    Brilliant!

• Advertisement
Advertisement