Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS+ Code

Options
  • 02-01-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

If I buy a playstation code in the North but I live in the South will the code not work then ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If I buy a playstation code in the North but I live in the South will the code not work then ?

It will work on a North account.
    It will not work on a South account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Cheers, Finally got sorted had to register the account in the uk to use the code.Went back to shop and they gave me a number for Play station customer care. Good job it worked as the shop where code was bought would not be able to refund money because the code was activated. Took all day to get through on phone because all lines mad busy, held for 50 minutes first time and nearly 35 the second time. Dread the phone bill. Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Cheers, Finally got sorted had to register the account in the uk to use the code.Went back to shop and they gave me a number for Play station customer care. Good job it worked as the shop where code was bought would not be able to refund money because the code was activated. Took all day to get through on phone because all lines mad busy, held for 50 minutes first time and nearly 35 the second time. Dread the phone bill. Thanks .

Its been standard 50 mins before you get through to human all over xmas, 3 times i had to ring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

Are you saying we can't use UK ps codes?
    If so why do HN sell them?

http://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/ps4/playstation-plus-360-day-subscription.html

I need to buy a ps plus subscription so was going to get one on cdkeys.com
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's possible Harvey Norman are just using the wrong image but a UK code will most definitely not be redeemable on an Irish PSN account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's possible Harvey Norman are just using the wrong image but a UK code will most definitely not be redeemable on an Irish PSN account.

K, thanks for that.
    Is Sony direct the best for Ps Plus subscriptions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mine autorenews but there are sometimes cheap subscriptions on adverts.ie and the like

lertsnim wrote: »

Your right Definetly a uk code will not work on Irish account. We had to register a uk account on the play station even though were in the republic, only because there was no refund going to be given from the store in northern Ireland where we bought it.Worked out ok in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I see so many of these threads. I know it is confusing,

Always someone getting an incorrect code for a different country or trying to keep a few euros off a PS subscription.

Best way is to buy directly from Sony and have it autorenewing.
    €50 done and dusted.

Another easy way is to buy from Argos Ireland if you dont want it to auto renew. €50.00 also with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Another easy way is to buy from Argos Ireland if you dont want it to auto renew. €50.00 also with them.

I got mine in argos for 48 euro I think.
    Cant find ps+ subs on the site though.

Advertisement