Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card in Soccer Forum.

Options
  • 02-01-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭

I got carded for this post in Soccer http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93649241&postcount=21

It was meant in jest and not trolling as was perceived by the mod.If it was trolling then surely it would have been deleted and not received so many thanks by those who saw it for what it was-a joke.It's a common theme throughout the soccer forum of having a laugh over Steven Gerrard never winning the league,I don't see how it could have been deemed anything other than a bit of banter.
    As such,I feel a card was a bit harsh.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you followed the process set out above and discussed the card with the mod who issued it? Only if you have reached an impasse with the mod should you start a thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you followed the process set out above and discussed the card with the mod who issued it? Only if you have reached an impasse with the mod should you start a thread here

Was chatting to him last night after the card was issued,he suggested I take it here due to the impartiality of the process.I suppose he could hardly be seen to issue a card then rescind it as others would be crying "foul".

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK - I'll try and have a look at this later today

I've now had a look at this and indeed your history within the forum, which is peppered with examples of your attempts to wind up Liverpool fans. With a reputation like the one you seem to have gained posting that was, as you know very well, only going to wind up Liverpool fans. Trying to pass it off as "banter" is, frankly, insulting my intelligence.

Why was your post left up? Well it shows everyone that this sort of post is not acceptable. The number of thanks it receives is irrelevant (even more so in a forum like Soccer which suffers from the sort of tribalism you and many others display on a regular basis).

This is exactly the sort of stuff that has no place in the Soccer forum. It has been highlighted in numerous threads that the baiting of fans of other clubs is not acceptable. Your post was aimed at one thing and one thing only - perpetuating the United versus Liverpool "rivalry" that plagues the forum.

You have probably gathered by now that I'm going to uphold the yellow card (I had though about increasing the penalty given your record within the forum of this sort of behaviour, but will leave it there for now). You may though ask for an Admin to review my decision if you wish.

Advertisement