Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallen Line

Options
  • 02-01-2015 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking to report a fallen telephone line on the street but having difficulty doing this.
    I tried ringing 1901 on both mobile and DSL VoIP but get ringing, then engaged tones.  I'm not a customer of this company.

Can someone here act on this if I send via PM?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

linefault wrote: »
    I'm looking to report a fallen telephone line on the street but having difficulty doing this.
    I tried ringing 1901 on both mobile and DSL VoIP but get ringing, then engaged tones.  I'm not a customer of this company.

Can someone here act on this if I send via PM?
    Hi linefault

If your service has been affected you will need to report this to your current service provider however if this is to report a fallen line which is not creating technical issues for your own line or even in the case that you do not have a line you can report this to the [font=Calibri","sans-serif]repairs and dangerous plant department on 1850 245 424

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 linefault

Thanks Alan.  The second case applies here; there's a line lying on the public footpath.  Reported now.

Can I suggest that the information you provided be displayed on the "Log a Fault" page on the website?  

I did a bit of searching for fallen line and the like but didn't find the number you mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

linefault wrote: »
    Thanks Alan.  The second case applies here; there's a line lying on the public footpath.  Reported now.

Can I suggest that the information you provided be displayed on the "Log a Fault" page on the website?  

I did a bit of searching for fallen line and the like but didn't find the number you mentioned.
    No worries linefault

I'll certainly pass on your suggestion to online operations.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement