Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Guess this will be the last of the year.
    Guacamelee - Really enjoyable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persona Q
    Criminal Girls: Invite Only
    Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
    Suikoden 1
    Suikoden 2
    The Talos Principle
    Alien Isolation
    Hotline Miami 2
    Dead Or Alive 5
    Guilty Gear Xrd Sign
    Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
    Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea
    Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
    Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra
    Bloodborne
    Pillars Of Eternity
    Final Fantasy Type-0
    Mortal Kombat X
    Witcher 3
    Steins;Gate
    Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
    Tactics Orge
    Sleeping Dogs
    Grim Fandango
    Journey
    Blackguards
    Lost Dimension
    Shovel Knight
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
    Dungeon Travelers 2

Fallout 4
    Tales Of Zestiria
    Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
    Disgaea 5
    Until Dawn
    Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
    Corpse Party: Blood Drive
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night
    Code:Realize - Guardian of Rebirth ( borrowed it off my sister :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Gears of War: Judgement

Good game, got it free as I had Gears of War: Ultimate edition. Also got Gears of War 1, 2, 3 but I already played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4
    Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360
    Syndicate - Xbox 360
    Counter Spy - Ps Vita
    Wwe 2K15 - PS4
    Watch Dogs - PS4
    Wolfenstein the new order - PS4
    Uncharted Golden Abyss - Ps Vita
    Driver Renegade 3d - 3ds
    Battlefield Hardline - PS4
    Killzone Shadow Fall - PS4
    Infamous Second Son - PS4
    F1 2015 - PS4
    Splinter Cell Blacklist - Xbox 360
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - PS4
    Murdered Soul Suspect - PS4
    The Wolf Among Us - Ps Vita

The Last of Us - PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Honestly dont know where ye guys find time to finish so much games, I try play like 2/3 hours every evening and like have finished 8 games in my life :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Finished Teslagrad on the PS4 last night. I was pulling hair out of my head at times but I enjoyed it immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding to my list, new ones in bold:

PC

- Far Cry 3: fun game but a bit of a slog in the end, felt like I rushed through the final act.
    - The Walking Dead Season 2: Didn't have the same impact on me as the first one, but really enjoyed it all the same - obviously it's more an interactive story than anything else!
    - To the Moon: More story than game, tugged the ol' heartstrings for sure!
    - Lego The Lord of the Rings: played the campaign in local co-op with my wife, very enjoyable.
    - Batman: Arkham Origins: Really liked this one, even though was worried due to the many lukewarm reviews.
    - Botanicula: Point-and-click from the makes of Machinarium; gorgeous visuals, quirky music. Fun but very short.
    - Portal 2: My 2nd time playing this, absolutely amazing game, the voice acting/script/plot is so far ahead of most other games.
    - Hitman: Absolution: MEH. Some good levels but it was really hit-and-miss.
    - Murdered: Soul Suspect: Wanted a change of pace and quite enjoyed this; not a difficult game by any means.
    - Torchlight 2: The first hack-n-slash looter I've played; it was OK but I don't really enjoy the grind .
    - The Stanley Parable: Ehhhhhh.... it was interesting!
    - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon: Ha, this was fun! Short FPS parody of '80s action films.
    - Lego Marvel Superheroes: completed the campaign in local co-op with my wife, we liked it, not as good as Lego Batman or Lego LOTR.
    - Dust: An Elysian Tail: great, great Metroidvania game.
    - Wolfenstein: The New Order: first half was awesome, the second half maybe not such much; bit of an underwhelming end to be honest.
    - The Wolf Among Us: had relatively high expectations due to all of the positive reviews of this and wasn't let down, thought it was great.
    - Transistor: really loved Bastion, and Supergiant Games did not disappoint with their next game, the gameplay was somewhat familiar but now with a turn-based element to the combat. Great music, narration and interesting plot.

Android

- Leo's Fortune: This little platformer looked and played great; I hooked my Nvidia Shield Tablet up to a 40 inch TV and it still looked damn sweet. Short game, not particularly difficult, but fun.
    - Shadow Blade: Fun action platformer, needed to use my Nvidia Shield Controller to play. Think it's now available on PC via Steam as well.
    - Monument Valley: Gorgeous-puzzler. The main game is quite short, will definitely grab the DLC at some point in the near future.
    - Monument Valley DLC (Forgotten Shores & Ida's Dream): These were great as expected, well worth it I thought.

Wii U

- Rayman Legends: Amazing game! Would recommend this to anyone with a Wii U, it's a must-have.

Really want to add to my Wii U list, as have been playing through Super Mario Galaxy 2 for MONTHS, but am not sure I'll get to the last boss fight with Bowser until after the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

So far this year:

PS3
    Crysis 3
    Thief
    Prince of Persia

PS4
    The Order 1886
    Infamous First Light
    Shadow of Mordor
    Valiant Hearts
    Transistor
    Wolfenstein the New Order
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
    Unfinished Swan
    Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes
    The Witcher 3
    Batman Arkham Knight
    Rocket League
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Never Alone

Adding to the list:

PS4
    Uncharted 1
    Uncharted 2
    Uncharted 3
    Life is Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Finally got around to Rayman Origins on PS3. It has only been on my backlog since August... 2012 :pac: The last level, Night of the Livid Dead, was really challenging and took me ~50 minutes to eventually get through. Fun and tough platformer, I don't know why I gave up on it in 2012 after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Finally got around to Rayman Origins on PS3. It has only been on my backlog since August... 2012 :pac: The last level, Night of the Livid Dead, was really challenging and took me ~50 minutes to eventually get through. Fun and tough platformer, I don't know why I gave up on it in 2012 after an hour.

I wish I'd left it for two years. That and Rayman Legends are some of funnest gaming experiences I can recall, would love to be approaching them for the first time again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Procyon

Assassin's Creed Unity
    Very good,probably my favourite AC game since AC2. Only some minor glitches although I do have an excellent GPU.

Call of Duty
    Played for nostalgia reasons.

Call of Duty: United Offensive
    Expansion pack for COD, surprisingly long and good SP.

GTA V
    My game of the year.

Hitman: Blood Money
    Decent. About as good as Absolution but feels less linear in the missions.

Batman: Arkham Origins
    Excellent. It did feel very similar to the previous Batman game but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Murdered:Soul Suspect
    Shadow of Mordor
    Broken Age
    Transistor
    Witcher 2
    Witcher 3 and HOS DLC
    Dragons Age Inquisition
    Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    Bioshock Infinite
    From Dust
    Sniper Elite 3
    Grow Home
    Munchs Odysee
    Watch Dogs
    Shadowrun Returns
    Ryse
    Thomas Was Alone
    realMyst
    Tiny and Big: Granpas Leftovers
    Kill the Bad Guy
    Never Alone
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Mad Max
    Valiant Hearts
    Brutal Legend
    Lifeless Planet
    Banner Saga.
    Omerta
    The Talos Principle
    Telltales Game of Thrones.
    Fallout 4
    Life is Strange
    Puzzle Agent 2
    Sleeping Dogs

My last entry for the year and its Saints Row 4. Had a lot of fun with it. The super powers make for a nice change and make killing things more enjoyable.

Hasnt been a bad year really. Played a lot of great games throughout the year.

Finished Knack :D two games in a week, im pretty proud of myself right now :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4
    Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360
    Syndicate - Xbox 360
    Counter Spy - Ps Vita
    Wwe 2K15 - PS4
    Watch Dogs - PS4
    Wolfenstein the new order - PS4
    Uncharted Golden Abyss - Ps Vita
    Driver Renegade 3d - 3ds
    Battlefield Hardline - PS4
    Killzone Shadow Fall - PS4
    Infamous Second Son - PS4
    F1 2015 - PS4
    Splinter Cell Blacklist - Xbox 360
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - PS4
    Murdered Soul Suspect - PS4
    The Wolf Among Us - Ps Vita
    The Last of Us - PS4

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Got a few off my list finally!

Far Cry 3
    Watch Dogs
    Mad Max

Next is:

Wither 3
    Skyrim
    Pillars of Eternity

Yes, this will in fact take me an Eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update, and my last of the year.

Pariah (xbox) Fun but a bit limited, gets very good near the end. Thumbs up
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (xbox 360) A COD Clone with Aliens thrown in, can be very atmospheric at times though. Meh
    Jet Ion GP (PS2) plane racing is cool, but they keep you fixed to a track, destroying the purpose. Thumbs down.
    Wet (xbox 360) Played a half hour, hated it, went back a bit later and loved it. great soundtrack. Thumbs up.
    Gears of War (xbox 360) Stupid fun. Thumbs up.
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC) Great Story and addictive gameplay, Thumbs up.
    Road Rash (Panasonic 3DO) Unbelievably fun, though quite frustrating when you crash, and you will. Thumbs up.
    Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)* A poor attempt at Battlefield 2 multiplayer. Thumbs down.
    Counter-Strike (xbox)* great, but real players would be better. Thumbs up.
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC) Good, darker story but the Zerg just aren't that intiresting. Thumbs up.
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (xbox 360) Brilliant. Utterly tense throughout and puts COD in it's place. Thumbs up.
    Metal Gear solid: Peace Walker (xbox 360) Good, but very limited by bieng built for the PSP.
    Remember Me (xbox 360) Stylish game, a great hook and decent combat. Nice story. Thumbs up.
    Beyond: Two Souls (Playstation 3) Good story badly told. always interesting if something of a mixed opportunity. Meh.
    Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox) Outstanding fun, really great. Thumbs up.
    Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn) unbelievably complex for a 3 button fighter. graphics haven't aged well. Thumbs up.
    Mortal Kombat (9) (Xbox 360) Seriously, F**k you, Shao Khan! F**k you! great game though. Thumbs up
    Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360) Similar to two, relativity realistic combat. Thumbs up.
    Dead Or Alive 5 (Xbox 360) Nice, but not as good as it could be (or VF5). still though. Thumbs up.
    Girl Fight (Xbox 360) Mediocre fighter, weird character models and sticky controls. Thumbs down.
    Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (Xbox 360) Surprisingly decent, hated the camera angle but nice combat. Meh.
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3) The most Metal gear Metal Gear there was. Thumbs up.
    Capcom vs. SNK (Dreamcast) Loads of fun for such an old game. Thumbs up.
    Bomberman: Hardball (Playstation 2) Poor for bomberman. Thumbs down.
    Bomberman (PSP) Great craic, nice musig, hard game. Thumbs up.
    Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Xbox) Love the pantomime trilogy, loads of content. Thumbs up.
    Turok (Xbox 360) Why the hate? a nice solid shooter with dinosaurs.
    Wanted: Weapons of fate (Xbox 360) Surprisingly good, loved the bullet time and curving bullets. Thumbs up.
    Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) A nice, somber Halo, solid story and interesting way of presenting it. Thumbs up.
    Monster Truck Madness (Nintendo 64) Not as good as the PC version, trucks are difficult to control. Thumbs down.
    Star Wars Battlefront II (Xbox) Like Battlefront 1 but better, space combat is great and a nice story. Thumbs up.
    Another World (PC) Excellent platformer and very stylish. no real ending though. Thumbs up.
    Deus Ex: The Fall (PC) Poor game, buggy and swimming in microtransactions. avoid. Thumbs down.
    Tomb Raider (2013) (Xbox 360) Great gameplay, compelling story and nice platforming. Thumbs up.
    Ghost Recon: Desert Siege (PC) feels too much like a simulation than a game, very sterile. Thumbs town.
    Ghost Recon: Island Thunder (PC) Better than desert siege but has the same problems. Thumbs down.
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (XBOX) Tough, but great. Bullet time is a lot easier than the first game. Thumbs up.
    Rainbow Six 3 (XBOX) Nice combat, great level design, even if the PC version is better. Thumbs up.
    Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (XBOX) Not as good as 3, feelm more of a corridor shooter, bad stealth sections. Meh.
    F.E.A.R. (Xbox 360) Fantastic combat and bullet time. dull level design though. creepy. Thumbs up.
    Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360) Poor combat, loose controls and bad graphics for the time. Thumbs down.
    Off Road Thunder (XBOX) (from Midway Arcade Treasures 3) Uninspired driving, not bad, just nothing special. Meh.
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Xbox 360) Great fun, intiresting story. MGS meats Devil May Cry. Thumbs up.
    Spore (PC) Great while going through the stages but very little content in galactic stage. Meh.
    Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions (Xbox 360) Great looking, but weird story and awkward controls. fun though. Thumbs up.
    Dead Rising (Xbox 360) love running around the mall, but too many small annoyances to be great. Meh.
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox 360) Brilliant shooter. My game of the year. Thumbs up.
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox 360) Nice but short. the writing is still naff. Meh.
    Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Xbox 360) Great combat but odd story, even for MK. Thumbs up.
    Rogue Trooper (Xbox) Great cover based shooter. I suspect more than a few drew inspiration from it. Thumbs up.
    Celebrity Deathmatch (Xbox) A poor fighter. terrible controls and just not any fun. Thumbs down.
    SimSafari (PC) great managemebt game, loads of fun. Thumbs up.
    Gears of War 2 (Xbox 350) More of the same but better. looking forward to 3. Thumbs up.
    Halo 4 (Xbox 360) One of the best Halo's. Master Chief in danger of growing a personality. Thumbs up.
    SSX (Xbox 360) A disappointment for anyone who's played Tricky or 3. Thumbs down.
    Spirits of Xanadu (PC) Great game, short but very atmospheric. Thumbs up.
    Microsoft Golf '98 (PC) A true classic. Thumbs up.
    Techno Quest Space Special 1: Lift Off (PC)
    Techno Quest Space Special 2: Star Quest (PC)
    Techno Quest Space Special 3: Time Tripper (PC)
    Techno Quest computer Special 1: Scuz Quest (PC) Nice collection of mini-games. short fun. Thumbs up.
    Soul Caliber 2 (Xbox) Basically SC1 on an Xbox. okay, or maybe i'm getting sick of fighting games. Thumbs up.
    SBK X: Superbike World Championship (Xbox 360) Sterile and boring, though quite nice to look at. Thumbs down.
    Forza 3 (Xbox 360) Fun but nothing new here. Meh.
    XIII (Xbox) Nice visual style masks over poor combat and broken stealth. avoid. Thumbs down.
    Aliens Vs. Predator: Extinction (Xbox) nice, but RTS games on console are very limited. Thumbs up.
    The Sims (PC) Good fun but it can get boring surprisingly fast. Thumbs up.
    After Burner (Master System) Nice, short and hard. Thumbs up.
    Pokemon Stadium (Nintendo 64) Great game but you really need the transfer pack to get real enjoyment. Thumbs up.
    Star Wars: Empire at war (PC) like a mash up of Rebellion and Force commander. nice but shallow. Thumbs up.

I'll give a few thoughts on each in a bit.

*Yes it's a multiplayer game, but I played every map against bots so i'm counting it.

I also have a few I finished last year that I forgot to put into last year's list and i can't edit them in now so I figured they might as well go here.
    Halo 3 ( xbox 360)
    Halo Wars (xbox 360)
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (xbox 360)
    Ghost Squad (wii)[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

In before the thread is closed. There was a couple of games I'd get finished before 2015 ended but it wasn't to be...

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    DmC
    Arkham City
    Journey
    Arkham Origins
    Alien Isolation
    Dishonored & Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches DLC
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands.
    Dead Space
    Dead Space 2
    Wolfenstein - The New Order
    Infamous 2 & Festival of Blood
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Call of Juarez - Gunslinger
    Dead Space 3 and Awakened
    Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
    God of War 3
    I am Alive
    Singularity
    The Evil Within & The Evil Within DLC
    Life is Strange
    Resident Evil Revelations 2

Adding:

Far Cry 3: Finally got around to finishing the story on this. Really enjoyable FPS and it is great craic gliding and parachuting around the place. Never figured out how to kill a shark though.

Bioshock: I'd played Infinite a couple of years ago and I thought it was grand but I really, really loved playing the original. The story was great and Rapture was an amazing place to explore.

God of War - Ascension: I think between this and God of War 3 I've had my fill of Kratos and I can't see myself playing another GoW game. They're games that seem to go on far to long and become a slog in the end. The trial of Archimedes near the end of this game was nearly the death of my controller.

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan
    Counterspy
    Duke Nukem 3D - Megaton Edition
    Monsterbag
    Murasaki Baby[/QUOTE]
    Assassin's Creed: Liberation
    Lego Batman 2

The games I enjoyed the most this year:
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    Journey
    Alien Isolation
    Dishonored & Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches DLC
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands.
    Dead Space 2
    Wolfenstein - The New Order
    I am Alive
    Singularity
    Life is Strange
    Bioshock
    Unfinished Swan
    Child of Light

This year I finished Knack and GOT episode 1, Ill get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

1. Black ops 3
    2. Uncharted collection
    3. Fallout 4
    4. Batman Arkham Knight
    5. MGS 5 and GZ's
    6. Wolfenstein the new order
    7. Everybody's gone to the rapture
    8. GTA V
    9. The Witcher 3

Could have sworn there was more........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wolfenstein
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Middle earth, shadow of mordor
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    The Witcher 2
    Halo, Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo: Reach
    Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
    Halo 4
    Halo 5

And after losing time by going back to Destiny , Black Ops 3 multiplayer and starting the long haul that is The Witcher 3, my final completion of 2015 was a great one in :
    Tales from the borderlands.
    I'd got it as part of the telltale collection that was in the 2014 Xmas sale in Xbox live, I'd no real interest as I've never played borderlands, but saw it popping up on a few 'best of' lists and said I'd check it out. A great game with tons of funny moments and cool characters. Highly recommended.

Now, for 2016......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 oliviablond

Bad Piggies

Advertisement