Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update,
    Pariah (xbox)
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (xbox 360)
    Jet Ion GP (PS2)
    Wet (xbox 360)
    Gears of War (xbox 360)
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC)
    Road Rash (Panasonic 3DO)
    Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)*
    Counter-Strike (xbox)*
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (xbox 360)
    Metal Gear solid: Peace Walker (xbox 360)
    Remember Me (xbox 360)
    Beyond: Two Souls (Playstation 3)
    Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)
    Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn)
    Mortal Kombat (9) (Xbox 360)
    Seriously, F**k you, Shao Khan! F**k you!

*Yes it's a multiplayer game, but I played every map against bots so i'm counting it.

I also have a few I finished last year that I forgot to put into last year's list and i can't edit them in now so I figured they might as well go here.
    Halo 3 ( xbox 360)
    Halo Wars (xbox 360)
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (xbox 360)
    Ghost Squad (wii)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Bloodborne
    Pillars Of Eternity
    Final Fantasy Type-0

Damn Xenji, do you sleep at all :O

One piece unlimited
    Tales of hearts r both on vita
    Grim fandango - vita
    Assassins creed 3 liberation- vita

Ragnarok odyssey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered

Adding Wolfenstein: The New Order. Brilliant game. Not getting through many games so far this year because of being away with work.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Destiny - kinda game I'll keep playing but I'll call it done considering the amount of hours put in.

Bayonetta 2 - just finished it although plenty of replay stuff to mess about with.
    Such a great game. People without wii u's are definately missing out with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    WET

...that was some drop in quality :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Did a single sitting of Papo & Yo yesterday. I enjoyed it, more so than Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Going to keep track of the games I finish and write a one paragraph review for each...!

Puzzle Agent (PC) 8/10 - Randomly picked this as I was looking through my Steam library that's overly full with humble bundle titles, finding it hard to settle on something. And I was hugely surprised. Puzzles get slightly repetitive towards the end and there's no real punishment for trial and error, as the story only progresses the one way. But the narrative was hugely engaging, I found it rather twin peaks-esque. And at just under 3 hours, it didn't outstay it's welcome. It ends leaving questions so I moved onto...

Puzzle Agent 2 (PC) 6.5/10 - Which continued the plot of the first. Not quite as good as the first as the story goes slightly astray but was still gripping enough to keep me until the end. On the short side again (just over 2 hours), and my patience was beginning to wear thin with the puzzles. Worth it to finish the story though.. Just!

Counterspy (Vita) 7/10 - I've a soft spot for cover-based shooters so I warmed to it instantly. Short snappy levels, perfect for some commuting time-killing. The game grated on me as it wore on, as no new mechanics were introduced and the final scene in each level being reduced to firefights. Not too long again (around 3 hours), not sure that I'd repeat it on the higher difficulty levels to trophy farm, but I haven't deleted it off my vita just yet...

140 (PC) 9/10 - Got this with a recent humble bundle and as it looked like Thomas Was Alone I decided to give it a go. There's no narrative and the puzzle element in Thomas was Alone is missing. So it's just a game about a square jumping onto platforms really witha trippy background... It does however have a FANTASTIC electronic soundtrack that beautifully intertwines with the game. The whole game is based on the rhythm of the music (similar to Sound Shapes) and it helps get you really involved in the game. It's about an hour long. Two and a half hours long if you include doing the same 3 levels backwards with no checkpoints. Which normally I'd consider a cheap ploy but the levels are eminently re-playable here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just finished the story mode of Dying Light. As I mentioned in the dedicated thread for it, the finish is disappointing and takes a little bit of the shine off the game, but overall I've really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Gears of War: Judgement.

Pretty bloody enjoyable to be honest, basically the Gears formula on steroids which, given the fact People Can Fly were behind it, isn't really surprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding to my list, new ones in bold:

PC

- Far Cry 3: fun game but a bit of a slog in the end, felt like I rushed through the final act.
    - The Walking Dead Season 2: Didn't have the same impact on me as the first one, but really enjoyed it all the same - obviously it's more an interactive story than anything else!
    - To the Moon: More story than game, tugged the ol' heartstrings for sure!
    - Lego The Lord of the Rings: played the campaign in local co-op with my wife, very enjoyable.
    - Batman: Arkham Origins: Really liked this one, even though was worried due to the many lukewarm reviews.
    - Botanicula: Point-and-click from the makes of Machinarium; gorgeous visuals, quirky music. Fun but very short.
    - Portal 2: My 2nd time playing this, originally played it sometime in 2011. As good the second time around as the first, absolutely amazing game, the voice acting/script/plot is so far ahead of most other games.

Android

- Leo's Fortune: This little platformer looked and played great; I hooked my Nvidia Shield Tablet up to a 40 inch TV and it still looked damn sweet. Short game, not particularly difficult, but fun.
    - Shadow Blade: Fun action platformer, needed to use my Nvidia Shield Controller to play. Think it's now available on PC via Steam as well.
    - Monument Valley: Gorgeous-puzzler. The main game is quite short, will definitely grab the DLC at some point in the near future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

Far Cry 3, Tomb raider, Thief4, The last of us,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Adding shadow of mordor To my list.

A good game overall, surprised it got so many nods for game of the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Fez. An absolute cracker of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

Adding shadow of mordor To my list.

A good game overall, surprised it got so many nods for game of the year though.

Tried to play that on my notebook and the thing went into meltdown,. would like to give it a shot later in the year on a better rig

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order

Just finished Murdered:Soul Suspect. Decent enjoyable game if a bit short and lacking in gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    and now: Middle earth, shadow of mordor

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DannyGriff

Finished Tales of Xillia and Tales of Symphonia HD Remaster last year. Now I'm looking forward to finish some unfinished games in PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Finally got around to Brothers: A tale of two sons. It had been sitting in my steam library for over a year so I figured I better give it a go. Glad I did.

Very pleasant game to play. It's a good example of game design for some of the developers out there for a couple of reasons. Firstly, how to tell a story simply. They don't speak English....they speak a kind of simlish gibberish and yet you always know whats going on.

Secondly, it's control scheme is simple yet good. You control one brother with the left stick, and the other with the right stick. Left trigger to make one brother grab something, Right trigger for the other brother. And that's basically it. And it works. No need for complex combinations of buttons.

It's short and it's puzzles are very simple but it's a nice way to spend an afternoon. :)

I'm moving on to another that I missed and has been sitting idle in my library.....The Tomb Raider reboot. I'm a few hours in and enjoying it. It's like Uncharted : Lara edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tales of hearts r
    Grim fandango
    Ac liberations
    Ro ace
    One piece unlimited
    Ac black flag

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Bastion (Steam) Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons (Steam) Dead Pixels (Steam) DLC Quest (Steam) Fez (Steam) Gone Home (Steam) Limbo (Steam) Mark Of The Ninja (Steam) Metal Dead (Steam) Outlast (Steam) Steam World Dig (Steam) The Swapper (Steam) To The Moon (Steam) Trine (Steam) VVVVVV (Steam) The Last Of Us (PS4) Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

Adding Assassin's Creed Unity to this list. One of the best AC's yet, I loved the level up system, and lots of side missions and extra content. The new parry/combat style added a lot of diversity too.

Adding Assassin's Creed Unity to this list. One of the best AC's yet, I loved the level up system, and lots of side missions and extra content. The new parry/combat style added a lot of diversity too.

Yup great game, really enjoyed it, cant wait for the next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games finished so far this year:

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    DmC
    Arkham City
    Journey
    Arkham Origins
    Alien Isolation

Adding:
    Dishonored & Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches DLC: Bought the game of the year edition last year but only got around to playing it recently. Really, really enjoyed this and the DLC were fantastic as well. Going to miss it now I've wrapped it all up.

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan
    Counterspy

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4
    Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360
    Syndicate - Xbox 360
    Counter Spy - Ps Vita

Wwe 2K15 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Adding to my 2015 list

CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]
    Assassin's Creed: Unity [PS4]
    New Super Mario Bros U [Wii U]
    The LEGO Movie Game [PS4]

Adding

Super Mario 3D World [Wii U] - A really great game and one of the very best, if not the best in the Mario series.

Shovel Knight [PS VITA] - This might end up being my game of 2015. The 8-bit aesthetic is married perfectly to some modern gameplay mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Grow Home
    Master Reboot
    Defense Grid 2
    Alien: Isolation
    Thief (2014)
    Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
    Among the Sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again, in keeping up with the latest games, I've just completed Mirror's Edge.

Fired up my Original Xbox recently;

Completed Max Payne 1 - Game is so class still to this day
    Going to go straght into Max Payne 2 next

Also on x360 I completed Shadows of the Damned on Hard mode

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    Darksiders
    Darksiders 2
    Dead Island
    Pokemon X
    Bloodborne shall be finished tonight

Well I beat Bloodborne.
    Put another 100 odd hours into Skyrim
    Arkham Alysum again
    Metro 2033 Redux Twice :o Love this game.

• Advertisement

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order

Adding Dishonored to the list.

Advertisement