Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Adding to my 2015 list

CoD: Advanced Warfare [PS4]
    Assassin's Creed: Unity [PS4]
    New Super Mario Bros U [Wii U]
    The LEGO Movie Game [PS4]
    Super Mario 3D World [Wii U]
    Shovel Knight [PS VITA]

Adding

Killzone Mercenary [PSVITA] - Easily the best FPS I've played on a handheld. Makes you think how much wasted potential there is in the VITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Shadow of the Colossus done. Now I can join others looking for Last Guardian

Adding to my 2015 list

Shovel Knight [PS VITA]
    Killzone Mercenary [PS VITA]

Adding

The Swapper - A quite enjoyable puzzle game and I don't say that often. Funny what you can find in your PS+ backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fired up my Original Xbox recently;

Completed Max Payne 1 - Game is so class still to this day
    Going to go straght into Max Payne 2 next

Also on x360 I completed Shadows of the Damned on Hard mode

make sure you play 3 - it could possibly be my favorite rockstar game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games finished so far this year:

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    DmC
    Arkham City
    Journey
    Arkham Origins
    Alien Isolation
    Dishonored & Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches DLC

Adding:
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands. Picked this up cheap in Tesco a while ago. Pretty short and not terribly hard but I thought it was a fantastic platformer. Ploughed through it at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan
    Counterspy

Adding:
    Duke Nukem 3D - Megaton Edition. After the nostalgia wore off, this kind of became a chore but I had to see it through to the end. Was grand but not one I'd ever bother with again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PC
    Dead Space 2:

To be honest it took me a while to play this game kept playing it for a while and then leaving it for a while but I got stuck in today/evening and finished it a few mins ago. I actually enjoyed it today when I played it, which is why I went from chapter 9 to the end chapter 15. It finished quicker than the first Dead Space as in the last chapter was quite short, in the first you had to move the marker through all the buildings and fight off enemies and then a big fight at the end. This game had a fight at the end but I found it easy. Anyway it is a fairly good game and I may play the third game sometime as I have it bought already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.
    Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC (Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC (Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.
    Halo 4: TMCC (Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.
    Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!
    Ori and The Blind Forest (Xbox One) - Brilliant game, my favourite completion so far this year.
    Child of Light (Xbox One) - It was ok. I bought into the hype expecting something special. It was pretty and charming but the mechanics where very simple and boring.

Adding Disney Infinity (X360) - I had a great time with it. Very tempted now to pick up 2.0.

wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Middle earth, shadow of mordor
    Mass Effect 3 - An epic end to an epic series, some genuinely moving scenes towards the end.

make sure you play 3 - it could possibly be my favorite rockstar game.

Completed it already and really enjoyed it
    Might revisit sometime in the future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Bastion (Steam) Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons (Steam) Dead Pixels (Steam) DLC Quest (Steam) Fez (Steam) Gone Home (Steam) Limbo (Steam) Mark Of The Ninja (Steam) Metal Dead (Steam) Outlast (Steam) Steam World Dig (Steam) The Swapper (Steam) To The Moon (Steam) Trine (Steam) VVVVVV (Steam) The Last Of Us (PS4) Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

Adding Shadow Of Mordor (PS4)
    Valiant Hearts The Great War (PS4)
    The Stanley Parable (Steam)
    Never Alone (PS4)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Murdered:Soul Suspect

Can finally add Shadow of Mordor to the list. Struggled to get through the first half of the game but really enjoyed it in the second half.
    Shame about the underwhelming ending but leading my personal Uruk army against the Black Hand was awesome.

Adding to my 2015 list

Shovel Knight [PS VITA]
    Killzone Mercenary [PS VITA]
    The Swapper [PS VITA]

Adding

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5 - 7 [PS VITA] - Found this in my PS+ download list and decided to play through it. Tempted to go for the platinum but I think I'd get bored of the Duelling Club portion.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Assasins Creed Unity
    Watchdogs
    Farcry 4
    Killzone Shadowfall
    Transistor
    Rogue Legacy
    Valiant Hearts
    Dragon Age Inquisition
    Dying Light

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In keeping with my trend of playing recent releases, I just finished Dredd versus Death

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

CastorTroy wrote: »
    In keeping with my trend of playing recent releases, I just finished Dredd versus Death

That's still sitting in my backlog pile :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.
    Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC (Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC (Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.
    Halo 4: TMCC (Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.
    Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!
    Ori and The Blind Forest (Xbox One) - Brilliant game, my favourite completion so far this year.
    Child of Light (Xbox One) - It was ok. I bought into the hype expecting something special. It was pretty and charming but the mechanics where very simple and boring.
    Disney Infinity (X360) - I had a great time with it. Very tempted now to pick up 2.0.

Adding Costume Quest 2 (Xbox One) - Good but much more repetitive than the first.
    And Injustice : Gods Among Us (PS4) - Loved the story mode but KI has spoiled me for other fighting games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update,
    Pariah (xbox)
    Aliens: Colonial Marines (xbox 360)
    Jet Ion GP (PS2)
    Wet (xbox 360)
    Gears of War (xbox 360)
    Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty (PC)
    Road Rash (Panasonic 3DO)
    Terminator 3: War of the Machines (PC)*
    Counter-Strike (xbox)*
    Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (PC)
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (xbox 360)
    Metal Gear solid: Peace Walker (xbox 360)
    Remember Me (xbox 360)
    Beyond: Two Souls (Playstation 3)
    Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox)
    Virtua Fighter 2 (Saturn)
    Mortal Kombat (9) (Xbox 360) Seriously, F**k you, Shao Khan! F**k you!
    Virtua Fighter 5 (Xbox 360)
    Dead Or Alive 5 (Xbox 360)
    Girl Fight (Xbox 360)
    Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (Xbox 360)
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Playstation 3)
    Capcom vs. SNK (Dreamcast)
    Bomberman: Hardball (Playstation 2)
    Bomberman (PSP)
    Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Xbox)
    Turok (Xbox 360)

*Yes it's a multiplayer game, but I played every map against bots so i'm counting it.

I also have a few I finished last year that I forgot to put into last year's list and i can't edit them in now so I figured they might as well go here.
    Halo 3 ( xbox 360)
    Halo Wars (xbox 360)
    Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii)
    Murdered: Soul Suspect (xbox 360)
    Ghost Squad (wii)

wolfenstien
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Middle earth, shadow of mordor
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite - enjoyed this, that ending was surprisingly sad though. liked how it tied into the previous games. Always a good sign when you find yourself thinking about the ending for a good while after.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through Three Fourths Home last night. In many ways the story and situations are contrived and familiar (even clichéd), the setup is excessively dramatic at times for what is in essence a small story, and there's little in the way of actual meaningful gameplay. But I still absolutely loved it. Something about the mood and presentation of the game really clicked for me. All you do is hold the accelerator, choose dialogue options and read a lot of text (and mess with the radio every so often), but that creates this peculiarly immersive rhythm to the game, helped by well written dialogue. The presentation is extremely clever, lulling you into a sort of trance, only broken when something surprising or impressive is visualised. In a sense, it brilliantly emulates the feeling of aimless driving and a semi-distracted conversation, an almost dreamlike state. The epilogue is a welcome addition to, that cleverly changes the mechanics and advances the characters without abandoning some of the narrative ambiguity of the main game.

It seems like the sort of game that might not have worked had it caught me in a different mood, but for whatever reason it's one of the most surprising and rewarding hours I've spend with a game recently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PC:

Walking Dead: Season 1
    Walking Dead: 400 Days
    Walking Dead: Season 2
    Oil Rush

PS4:
    Shadow of Mordor
    Injustice: Gods among us

• Advertisement

PC

Dead Space 3: It was fairly good, I played the whole series one after the other and after each one I am glad they are over. All three were quite difficult at times. But they are still good games. I don't think they will make another now that
    Issac is dead, well or so we may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

PC

Dead Space 3: It was fairly good, I played the whole series one after the other and after each one I am glad they are over. All three were quite difficult at times. But they are still good games. I don't think they will make another now that
    Issac is dead, well or so we may think.
    3 has DLC you may like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Batman: Arkham Origins and its DLC.

If it looks like filler and feels like filler then it's definitely filler. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Grow Home
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Master Reboot
    Defense Grid 2
    Alien: Isolation
    Thief (2014)
    Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes
    Among the Sleep

Update:
    GTA5
    Styx - Really enjoyed the stealth in this game. Controls were a little clunky especially around ledges.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - Boring. Not worth the 2.50 I spent on it.
    Heavy Rain -
    I lost all the characters lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

3 has DLC you may like.

Is it worth getting Awakened? It's on sale at the moment and I'm tempted…

Also, Dead Space: Extraction is less than €4.00 at the moment on the Store. Great craic if you have a Move controller. If you don't, not so much…

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tyrion1234

So far this year:

PS3
    Crysis 3
    Thief
    Prince of Persia

PS4
    The Order 1886
    Infamous First Light
    Shadow of Mordor
    Valiant Hearts
    Transistor

Adding to the list:

PS4
    Wolfenstein the New Order
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
    Unfinished Swan

Is it worth getting Awakened? It's on sale at the moment and I'm tempted…

Also, Dead Space: Extraction is less than €4.00 at the moment on the Store. Great craic if you have a Move controller. If you don't, not so much…

Never played it. I'm one of those who was sickened by how far DS3 strayed from it's roots, paying for it once was bad enough, I just read the DLCs plot synopsis on the Wikia

Never played it. I'm one of those who was sickened by how far DS3 strayed from it's roots, paying for it once was bad enough, I just read the DLCs plot synopsis on the Wikia

How did you find it strayed from it's roots? I didn't think so and this is some one who just completed each series one after the other mind you over a few weeks. I still found the first to be the hardest. it kinda got easier as the series progressed. I remember the first and finally getting to grips to the game and suddenly a new enemy and it not only happened once it happened a few times.

How did you find it strayed from it's roots? I didn't think so and this is some one who just completed each series one after the other mind you over a few weeks. I still found the first to be the hardest. it kinda got easier as the series progressed. I remember the first and finally getting to grips to the game and suddenly a new enemy and it not only happened once it happened a few times.

I thought 3 was more akin to an action game, didn't feel like a DS with the dodges, lit environments and the general openness. Kiith is gonna kill me for dragging things OT again so I'll leave it there.

Adding Antichamber, great little puzzle game, really loved it and Dungeon Defenders to my list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC
    GTA V and Witcher 2 in the last 24 hours :)

Advertisement