Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2015 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands: The pre Sequel [PC]

Very good game like the previous two. The boss battles were kinda difficult and there was a lot of them. Found last to be annoying but stuck at it and beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mr. Speedy

Finished new vegas on thursday and finished 3 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Oddworld: New & Tasty (on PS3)

Back in the PS1 days I had only played demoes of Oddworld: Abe's odyssey and Abe's Exodus. I kind of liked them but I wasn't really sure.
    When I bought New & Tasty, I loved it. A perfectly done remake of the PS1 game.

There probably won't be any more good games coming to PS3 any time soon (and I'm not tempted to buy a PS4) so I'll enjoy what I can get from the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Adding

Metro 2033

- A very linear game, as my friend said "press W to progress story" kind of game. But my god did I have fun with it. Next on the list, Metro Last Light

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

marko93 wrote: »
    Adding

Metro 2033

- A very linear game, as my friend said "press W to progress story" kind of game. But my god did I have fun with it. Next on the list, Metro Last Light

Same here. I played the original and just got through the Redux version a few nights ago. I'm playing LL right now myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wolfenstein
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Middle earth, shadow of mordor
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    The Witcher 2
    Halo, Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST Didnt like it at first, but after an hour I was hooked and ended up mainlining it over 2 nights. a really great view on the halo universe, and a refreshing change in storytelling style from the first 3. Fired up Halo Reach for a look, and it seems to be a darker tone, looking forward to cracking on with that later.

wolfenstein
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    The Witcher 2
    Halo, Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST Didnt like it at first, but after an hour I was hooked and ended up mainlining it over 2 nights. a really great view on the halo universe, and a refreshing change in storytelling style from the first 3. Fired up Halo Reach for a look, and it seems to be a darker tone, looking forward to cracking on with that later.

Reach?? I presume on x360
    Yea ODST is great. I had issues with achievements not popping though, but this is more TMCC issue as usual :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Reach?? I presume on x360
    Yea ODST is great. I had issues with achievements not popping though, but this is more TMCC issue as usual :/

Yeah, it was games with gold a while back. I have 3 achievements from the middle of halo 3 that still haven't popped as well. Definitely some sort of mcc collection issue. I'm going to hold off on playing halo 4 until just before 5 launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

marko93 wrote: »
    Adding

Metro 2033

annnnd to add to this

Metro Last Light

- Sat down this morning and decided, feck it, have a day off may as well go for it. Finished it. Again, really enjoyed it. I watched the alternate ending as well, while very good cant see myself replaying these to get them. Trophy hunting isn't my style.

Sooo, what's next? That could only be BioShock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

This year's been a bit of a AAA splurge. Got a new comp at the end of the year (after almost 5 years), and could finally play all the games had been drooling over.

PC
    Watchdogs
    The Evil Within (X2)
    Far Cry 4
    Resident Evil 4
    Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Currently Playing
    Xenonauts
    Dragon Age: Origins

• Advertisement

[PC]
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Claptastic Voyage [DLC]

It was a good DLC as was the trend with The pre-sequel you had to fight the boss at the end twice while in different forms, as usual I wasted a lot of money from dying fighting them bosses. You also got a lot of cool guns and kits at the end but I didn't have enough room to bring it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Bastion (Steam) Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360) Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) Brothers - A Tale Of Two Sons (Steam) Dead Pixels (Steam) DLC Quest (Steam) Fez (Steam) Gone Home (Steam) Limbo (Steam) Mark Of The Ninja (Steam) Metal Dead (Steam) Outlast (Steam) Steam World Dig (Steam) The Swapper (Steam) To The Moon (Steam) Trine (Steam) VVVVVV (Steam) The Last Of Us (PS4) Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4) Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) Valiant Hearts The Great War (PS4) Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4) The Stanley Parable (Steam) Never Alone (PS4) The Unfinished Swan (PS4)

Infamous Second Son (PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
    Halo 3: ODST - MCC (Xbox One)
    Forza Horizon 2: Fast & Furious Expansion (1000/1000 so it counts in my books )
    Halo: Combat Evolved - MCC (Xbox One)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth (Steam)

Destiny (Xbox One)*

*All main story missions done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Advanced warfare and wolfenstein

[PC]
    Borderlands 2
    Headhunter 1: Bloody Harvest [DLC]

Fairly good, bit different than I thought it would be, you have to do a few missions before fighting the main pumpkin. And then another mission if you want(which I did) after defeating the pumpkin.

Completed Batman: Arkham Knight yesterday.
    Well designed game and polished in every way. Just a bit exhausted with the formula and the Car combat got a bit repetitive towards the end. As for the true ending I CBA grinding to get it so youtube was my friend here.

Next Up: Wolfenstien: The Old Blood, finish Bloodbourne oh & MDK on the PS1 (Waaaa :P), picked it up on Ebay for monkey nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4
    Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360
    Syndicate - Xbox 360
    Counter Spy - Ps Vita
    Wwe 2K15 - PS4
    Watch dogs - PS4
    Wolfenstein the new order - PS4

Uncharted Golden Abyss - Ps Vita

wolfenstein
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    The Witcher 2
    Halo, Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo: Reach it was a bit jarring to go back to Xbox 360 and 30 fps but after about 2 hours I was too engrossed in the story and action to notice. Massive improvements to gun sounds, combat seemed more visceral and a very different type of story to the master chiefs saga. Would highly recommend.

wolfenstein
    far cry 4
    dying light
    tomb raider.
    Ori and the blind forest
    Mass Effect 3
    Bioshock Infinite
    The Witcher 2
    Halo, Combat Evolved
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo ODST
    Halo: Reach
    Diablo 3, reaper of souls edition been dipping in and out over the course of six months, a great game and plenty replay value. I'm including it here as I've just finished the story mode for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Murdered:Soul Suspect
    Shadow of Mordor
    Broken Age
    Transistor
    Witcher 2

Finally finished Witcher 3. What a game. It's been one hell of a ride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games finished so far this year:

PS3
    Metro Last Light
    Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Sleeping Dogs
    Valiant Hearts
    DmC
    Arkham City
    Journey
    Arkham Origins
    Alien Isolation
    Dishonored & Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches DLC
    Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands.

Adding:
    Dead Space: Fantastic game but I think Dead Space 2 edges it.

Dead Space 2: Severed: Short DLC but good for an afternoon's play.

Wolfenstein - The New Order: Absolutely loved this

Infamous 2 & Festival of Blood: Really enjoyed Infamous 2 - found it easier to plough through than the first one - but oddly didn't really enjoy Festival of Blood. I should have probably left it a bit after finishing Infamous 2 before getting stuck into it.

Resident Evil Revelations: Really enjoyed this. Well worth picking up imo.

PS Vita
    Child of Light
    Unfinished Swan
    Counterspy
    Duke Nukem 3D - Megaton Edition

Adding:
    Monsterbag: Lovely art in this and really enjoyed it. Gets pretty frustrating at times near the end but well worth playing. Considering your character is a bag is oddly touching near the end.

Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
    Destiny (Xbox One)

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)
    Absolutely incredible game. Only finished the main story and I still have a lot of other small things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Resistance Burning Skies - Ps Vita
    Alien Isolation - PS4
    Far Cry 4 - PS4
    The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4
    Virtua Tennis 4 - Ps Vita
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - PS4
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - Xbox 360
    Syndicate - Xbox 360
    Counter Spy - Ps Vita
    Wwe 2K15 - PS4
    Watch dogs - PS4
    Wolfenstein the new order - PS4
    Uncharted Golden Abyss - Ps Vita

Driver Renegade 3d - 3ds

[PC]

Borderlands 2: [DLC]
    Headhunter pack 2,3,4

They were quite fun and easy as well. They are actually worth the play through. After you complete the main battle at the end there is always a new mission to do. The headhunter 2's extra mission at the end was tedious, you have to listen to a old womans story for ages and if you move away from her you have to listen to the whole thing again. For some reason I moved away from her near the end and failed, had to listen to the whole thing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Far Cry 4
    This War of Mine
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Murdered:Soul Suspect
    Shadow of Mordor
    Broken Age
    Transistor
    Witcher 2
    Witcher 3

Finished Dragons Age Inquisition. I liked the main story but god there was way too many crappy fetch sidequests. I was getting bored of it towards the end. I think it was a big improvement on DA2 but not as good as DAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Bad Piggies (mobile) - Great little timekiller while in work.
    Halo CE from TMCC (Xbox One) - Back in the day, I can see what the fuss was about.
    Halo 2 from TMCC (Xbox One) - I can totally understand the stick the game received about that ending, but the campaign was still amazing.
    Halo 3 from TMCC (Xbox One) - Took me awhile to play through it again. Did not like the campaign at all.
    Angry Birds Star Wars 2 (mobile) - Got all the achievements so counting this as done, Rovio can do no wrong.
    The Order: 1886 (PS4) - Do not recommend.
    Halo 4: TMCC (Xbox One) - Excellent, the graphical leap from 3 to 4 is generational. Got me so excited for 5.
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita) - Replayed it on hard, excellent game, still probably one of the best titles for the handled.
    Flower (Vita and PS4) - Replayed it on both, it's just so good. Cross buy is great!
    Ori and The Blind Forest (Xbox One) - Brilliant game, my favourite completion so far this year.
    Child of Light (Xbox One) - It was ok. I bought into the hype expecting something special. It was pretty and charming but the mechanics where very simple and boring.
    Disney Infinity (X360) - I had a great time with it. Very tempted now to pick up 2.0.
    Costume Quest 2 (Xbox One) - Good but much more repetitive than the first.
    Injustice : Gods Among Us (PS4) - Loved the story mode but KI has spoiled me for other fighting games.
    The Unfinished Swan (PS4) - Really enjoyed it apart from the narrators voice.
    GTA: San Andreas (X360) - enjoyed it, nice trip down memory lane but the revamp/remaster/port whatever they called it was dreadful. They could have done something about the pop in, frame rate and audio problems.
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War (X360) - It was ok.
    Dead Island (X360) - Man, the game just kept on going and going. It was alright.

Adding Batman: Arkham Knight - Even got the real ending. It was good. Really missed the boss fights. Too much Batmobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tales from the Borderlands Ep 1 - 3,
    Has a great story in it so far and i am pissing myself with LoLs while playing it very good game worth €15 euros

Batman Arkham Knight, paid 43 traded in for 40 cash
    Needs more boss fights Cost me less then

Guacamelee super turbo championship edition, GWG
    3rd time playing the game took me less then 4 hours to play.

Game of Thones Ep 1 and 2, Missprice 5 euros for the season
    Extramly meh game

CastleStorm - Definitive Edition, GWG
    Easy gamer score and would have loved this on my phone more so then my xbox.

Halo 3 MCC, Got it for free
    Still Fantasic to this day. Took me about 6 hours to play

Halo 4 MCC, Got it for free
    Very big upgrade on Halo 3 and fantastic game. Took me less then a day.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Made 3 euros by tradeing in disc copy
    Very good game not as good as the new order but wish more FPS where made like this

Crimson Dragon, GWG
    Easy gamer score again got it all done 2 morings in bed

Assassin's Creed Unity, 14 euros
    Bland in the word for this game the DLC was way better then the single player game but cost me about 14 euros so cant give out

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel,
    Very good game not as good as number 2 but it has its own strong points the DLC was the best part of it.

Borderlands 2, 55 euros for both
    One of my all time fave games the game is a classic all the DLC expact for the Big game hunt is something else and Tiny Taras is maybe the must fun i have had playing a DLC in my life.

Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious, GWG
    Less then 2 hours 1000 gamer score

Rayman Legends, GWG
    Good game and great that it was free

Ryse: Son of Rome, Swaped Shadow Warrior for it
    About 5 hours long at best looks fantastic plays ok wouldn't mind a 2nd one

Shadow Warrior, Swapped i think Murder Soul for it
    Great underrated old school FPS hard in all the right aways the action is over the top and just so much fun to play cant wait for number 2.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. 35 euros
    Its call of Duty you know what to expect

All Xbox one.

Heres the craziest thing I could go weeks without playing games and most of these I would get done in 2 or 3 days when I am in the mood.

The Order 1886
    not as bad as people make it out to be. Only rented it as it takes about 6 hours to get done looks something else and the gun play wasint bad just wished there was more of everything in it and then would have been at lest a 9/10 game.

Ps4

I have spent about 120 euros on games this year and played quite a lot of games so i cant go wrong. You would spend over 1/2 that on a night out but i got at lest 200 + hours of fun.

Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
    Destiny (Xbox One)

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox One)
    -Main Story
    -Lord of the Hunt DLC
    -The Bright Lord DLC

-- My god that game was incredible. Might as well get the remaining 7 achievements --

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

in 2015 ? Mhh Broforce, that all..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I'm still in a time warp...and slow to finish things. Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I'm on Assassin's Creed: Revelations now. I didn't take to the original Assassin's Creed at all and was dipping in and out AC2 for years before finally figuring out its appeal. AC2 was good but Brotherhood was much better. Revelations is different but liking it so far.

Advertisement