Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain wheels?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Look for sealed bearings which a lot of campag wheels have. A lot of winter base builders rave about campag, so much so that I bought a set of sciroccos which are faultless. Try swim cycle run for a price. I got mine there and nice to keep the money in the country. I have no association other than buying those wheels off them btw. Happy spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They're supposed to be very good wheels and get good reviews. They're lightweight (1600gr) and strong too. I'd love a set for my Ridley and had planned buying a set (they were €189 delivered a month or two back) but I managed to pick up a set of lightly used two way Zondas for less than that and so had to pass on the forza's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I would be a bit concerned about the availability of spares especially for wheels which will be used a lot.

I know they are a bit boring but to be honest you can't really beat these for the price for a bomb proof set of wheels . Mavic open pro with 105 hubs 179 from Rose (extra 10 euro off this for registering on their site).

http://www.rosebikes.com/article/road-wheel-set-28700c-mavic-open-pro--shimano-105-5800/aid:401809

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

best commuting/training wheels that I ever had that were bullet proof and required zero maintenence where a set of shimano rs 500s for about 80 quid if you look online. Only reason I dont use them now is that i have a dynamo on the front and a powertap on the rear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Pardon my ignorance now but when you purchase new wheels from wiggle or wherever online, do they need to be "built" or do they come laready built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

They come fully assembled, just need tubes and tyres fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

And a cassette fitted

Advertisement