Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB detailed costing template...

Options
  • 02-01-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

Any help would be great on the following. Applying for a mortgage and AIB insisting on getting a costing template submitted. I've said we are still waiting for construction drawings so haven't been able to get quotes. They said for me to stick in my best estimates and they will take the official one when I have it.

I used the IAOSB site for percentage estimates and other information I've found but wondering on a few items:

Blocklaying vs. external walls vs. brickwork (whats the main difference). I put down €51,000 for 'all three' but don't know if that will slide. I don't know how they differ with my only assumption being we will have a render finish so no need for brickwork?? It's a 3,200 sqft home.

I've also clomped a few together e.g. for electrical I didn't separate first and second fix and just put down €12k for it along and same for plumbing (albeit gave a €16k figure).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Get a Qs to do a bill of quantities and to offer a -/+10% cost to build. Getting a BoQ will make tendering more acturate and will benefit you throughout the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

BryanF wrote: »
    Get a Qs to do a bill of quantities and to offer a -/+10% cost to build. Getting a BoQ will make tendering more acturate and will benefit you throughout the process.

That will come but trying to get idea for this form. I'm quite aware that this serves little to no purpose at this stage but bank want it or wont process it..... When getting actual prices I will bring in QS

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

breffnij wrote: »
    That will come but trying to get idea for this form. I'm quite aware that this serves little to no purpose at this stage but bank want it or wont process it..... When getting actual prices I will bring in QS

best of luck to you so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

I had to do one of these for PTSB, my engineer filled it in. He divided it up between the amount I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

100-1500 euros per m. sq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

100-1500 euros per m. sq.

What relivance is that when it comes to filling in cost for electrical or plumbing ???
    This form is purely to satisfy a window licker, computer says no, in capable of independent thought bank official who's simply ticking a box on your apication. It has no relivance to actual build cost they just need figures for how the amount loaned is going to be broken up.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭breffnij

hexosan wrote: »
    What relivance is that when it comes to filling in cost for electrical or plumbing ???
    This form is purely to satisfy a window licker, computer says no, in capable of independent thought bank official who's simply ticking a box on your apication. It has no relivance to actual build cost they just need figures for how the amount loaned is going to be broken up.

Brilliant and couldn't agree more. I've given up until I have construction costs given to me. Doesn't look like new mortgage regs are coming in soon anyway (or at least if they do bank being flexible on applying them)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

meet bank rep last week re mortgage
    she thinks 15% is starting point & will go to 20% shortly after
    we can use cost of owned site as the 15%

• Subscribers Posts: 41,650 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

meet bank rep last week re mortgage
    she thinks 15% is starting point & will go to 20% shortly after
    we can use cost of owned site as the 15%

interesting.....

Advertisement