Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

livery - stay away

Options
  • 02-01-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Is it possible to name and shame someone on this site who in his words, runs a 5* livery

He advertises on done deal "professional breaking of horses and schooling and producing of horses and pony’s to top level"

This guy cannot break-in a horse without some physical, emotional, or mental damage to the horse

I have seen him tying a horses head down and then lunge and doing this for days
    I have seen a horse trying to climb over a wall to get away from him, I have never seen him hit a horse but my suspicions are there

Mod edit: <snip>

I checked SJI and he has 0 points and never completed his first round <snip>

The reason I’m on this site is I got my horse out of there before any real damage was done and wouldn’t like anyone else no to be so unlucky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I don't think it is allowed in case of legal against boards but I'm open for correction on this. However, it may be worth reporting it to a welfare place like the ISPCA. It also may be worth bringing up the fact his services are not as described and are falsified. I've a feeling that breaking the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act might be easier to get justice from than the animal cruelty aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Starting any thread with the sole purpose of naming and shaming is not permitted across boards.ie for the reason outlined by the previous poster. Moreover, we also only have one side of the story.

I've removed part of your post as, while you don't name the individual, several of your comments make them relatively easy to identify.

As with any service one is thinking of purchasing, one should always do thorough research into the company/individual before purchasing.

/Thread closed.

Advertisement