Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reusable food pouches

Options
  • 02-01-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my little 10m old is developing a bit of an independent streak and likes to "feed" herself her snacks but can't manage it at all but loves the Ella's kitchen pouches. Do anyone know anywhere to get the reusable ones for homemade food so u can give her my own ? Preferably in an actual shop ( am in Dub) but if not any recommendations for the brands available online? I have searched loads of places

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

There are these ones if you're anywhere near Ballinteer, however they seem a bit pricey to me?

I wonder are they tricky to wash? It doesn't mention if you can wash them in the dishwasher (I'm guessing not) and it says to sterilise them up to a year.

At ten months I'm not sure it's worth the cost when you're probably starting to move more towards finger foods than purees anyways? I can't imagine sucking from the pouches would work very well with any chunkier purees, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have one that I got as a present along with a Beaba Babycook. I think it was called Babypote puree pouch. It was handy when A was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Would you try finger foods instead? We just made sure the food could be held in their hands and they fed themselves from six months onwards. At 10 months they should be able to exercise a bit of control over their eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They will only be used to the pouches and outgrown them again in a few weeks I would think? 10mths is nearly outgrown the mushy stuff I'd think?

+ 1 Persist with the fingerfood. Watching my 9 month old eat a whole orange at the moment. She's loving it!

Toast, raisins, Dinner. She ate rice and lentil curry last night with her hands. It's messy, but nothing that can't be fixed with a wet facecloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I think I saw some in all rooms on Liffey street. I have some my sister have me. She must have got them online is the only thing. It says mypouch.co.uk.
    I'm all for finger foods too but there are always times when you eat mushy food (at least there are for me!) I find the pouches handy for yougurt and fruit mixes and soup. I usually decant into a bowl but you could suck from them too. They're just less likely to open and spill than other containers I've used for out and about.
    These particular ones are dishwasher and microwave safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

kandr10 wrote: »
    I'm all for finger foods too but there are always times when you eat mushy food (at least there are for me!) I find the pouches handy for yougurt and fruit mixes and soup. I usually decant into a bowl but you could suck from them too. They're just less likely to open and spill than other containers I've used for out and about.
    These particular ones are dishwasher and microwave safe.

Thanks everyone, and Kandr10 that's exactly it. we are doing finger foods but her main meals are still mushy as we are slow going with lumps as she still hates them but she has gotten teeth now so hoping it will improve. She loves to feed her yoghurts to herself and actually takes all of it from a pouch and not just 2% like with her spoon when she gets them so would like her to be able to do that. Otherwise I thought it would be handy for sending meals to crèche and for car trips. Will look at those mentioned .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Aldi had them at one of their baby events, pretty sure they were reusable, but cleaning may be an issue. Dont think they were expensive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I think jojomaman Bebe off Grafton St used to do them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mamasuz

Hi. There are these pouches to buy online. Www.nomnomkids.co.uk they last really well and work great for yogurts and snacks or pasta sauces.

Advertisement