Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc digi dialler ( no - handshake )

Options
  • 02-01-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys I fitted my first alarm ( hkc 8 / 12 secure watch ) everything works spot on except the digi dialler. All the tests say ok, line tone etc . but when I perform test call after 2-3 minutes it comes back no handshake on keypad. It's an eircom line with phone connected and no broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What or who do you want the dialler to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buddy. h

What or who do you want the dialler to contact.
    Sorry, I want it to contact my own mobile phone (087)

You're trying to set it up as a voice dialler, the Securewatch system's dialler can only transmit to a central station or via sms text. The way you're doing it won't work.

You can only set it up to text you and Eircom are removing that service very shortly.

Delete the settings you have in the dialler and set it up in the text menu.

You're trying to set it up as a voice dialler, the Securewatch system's dialler can only transmit to a central station or via sms text. The way you're doing it won't work.

You can only set it up to text you and Eircom are removing that service very shortly.

Delete the settings you have in the dialler and set it up in the text menu.

I already used one one these diallers at my own house on the same alarm( around the same time as the other alarm was fitted) and connected it to the land line ( provider- sky) and it rings my mobile when alarm is activated. Not sure if it's called digi dialler, it's a small pcb that plugs into main board. Sorry for lack of knowledge but this is all new to me? ??????

buddy. h wrote: »
    I already used one one these diallers at my own house on the same alarm( around the same time as the other alarm was fitted) and connected it to the land line ( provider- sky) and it rings my mobile when alarm is activated. Not sure if it's called digi dialler, it's a small pcb that plugs into main board. Sorry for lack of knowledge but this is all new to me? ??????

Are you a registered installer?

• Advertisement

Are you a registered installer?

Not yet

You do know that it's against the law for you and the end user if You install an alarm without a PSA licence?

You do know that it's against the law for you and the end user if You install an alarm without a PSA licence?

I was onto the psa and im applying for a temporary liesence. Thanks for the help

Advertisement