Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to New York - June 15

Options
  • 02-01-2015 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to book flights to NYC for the start of June. Do Aer Lingus do sales for June dates in January? Current sales are only for dates up to the end of April.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Skyscanner is the best moment to keep checking flight prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Remember that Newark Airport (Liberty Airport) which is actually in New Jersey is actually a little closer (and easier) to Manhattan than JFK.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Yeah I'm signed up for skyscanner alerts, I was just wondering does Aer Lingus have a sale coming soon or if the prices are going to keep going up?

Just keep an eye on prices. It well go be going up in price coming up to March.

I think they do a summer sale after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I'd just book TBH. June is one of the peak travel months, you'd be extremely lucky to get a decent bargain.

It's just the cost of traveling in the summer, supply and demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

There is no real point in waiting for a sale with flights - no matter how cheap a deal you think you're getting, there will be someone on board who paid less.

June is prime traveling time for europeans to the US, and vice versa so flights will be prices to that level.

Pick a price that you'd be happy paying, and look out for deals around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Aer Lingus "sales" are generally pretty rubbish, esp with trans Atlantic flights. You could wait around for a sale, but I wouldn't imagine you'd save loads. I'd book sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

i just booked rt flights from shannon into jfk on delta from mid June to 1st week in july - €416 .. very good price, have flown delta lots of times and they are fine

the price of the flights I was looking at dropped so I booked straight away. Thanks for all the advice.

the price of the flights I was looking at dropped so I booked straight away. Thanks for all the advice.

what did you book? airline / airport / price? just curious - thanks

• Advertisement

holly8 wrote:
    what did you book? airline / airport / price? just curious - thanks

I went for Aer Lingus as I wanted the A330 if I could get it. 757 seems a bit claustrophobic. e558 for 1st wk in June, Dublin to JFK. Seeing as the cheapest for my dates on Skyscanner was Delta for e520 through a third party site I was happy enough to pay the bit extra and book direct.

I went for Aer Lingus as I wanted the A330 if I could get it. 757 seems a bit claustrophobic. e558 for 1st wk in June, Dublin to JFK. Seeing as the cheapest for my dates on Skyscanner was Delta for e520 through a third party site I was happy enough to pay the bit extra and book direct.

gawd, I didn't even think of the size of the plane ....I'll be all nervous now!!
    Flights out of Shannon seem to be cheaper .. wondering is it more subsidized than Dublin?

holly8 wrote:
    gawd, I didn't even think of the size of the plane ....I'll be all nervous now!! Flights out of Shannon seem to be cheaper .. wondering is it more subsidized than Dublin?

I don't know about subsidies but all transatlantic planes out of Shannon are 757s.

Aerlingus summer has started. Got an email from them this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Best to post here than start a new thread, but i'm planning on going to the states, more than likely NY sometime between Oct and Dec this year, just wondering do any airlines do sales during the year, or when would the best time to book be?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Best to post here than start a new thread, but i'm planning on going to the states, more than likely NY sometime between Oct and Dec this year, just wondering do any airlines do sales during the year, or when would the best time to book be?

Beetween July and September I find you can flights for less than 500 euro. This is through skyscanner for November dates

Advertisement