Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant pay any bills help please

Options
  • 02-01-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

sorry if in the wrong catergory but the last couple of days I cannot pay any bills online, if i use mybills.ie i can log in fill out the info and when i hit pay it just asks me to sign in again or there is an error (depending on which site I am on) bank of ireland, mybills, avantcard, irish ferries even the motortax.ie did the same does anyone know how i can fix this, i never had this problem before only noticed it yesterday.
    I am using a windows pc HP pavillion p6, running windows 8.1. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Is the time and date for the computer set correctly? What is the error message you are receiving? Have you tried a different web browser?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

wont work on chrome or internet explorer, cant remember the error code, but most of the sites gave me a session timed out message and just returned me to the log in page. i was able to use an ipad with success. clock and date are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

wont work on chrome or internet explorer, cant remember the error code, but most of the sites gave me a session timed out message and just returned me to the log in page. i was able to use an ipad with success. clock and date are correct.

Is it possible your system or host file was infected by malware and it is blocking any https related sites?

Have you tried on any other device such as laptop and maybe another broadband connection?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

would my norton not stop that type of thing? I have only tried it on an ipad over the same wifi (with success) is there a way to check if malware is the problem? i thought the norton did all that stuff automatically :o:o

would my norton not stop that type of thing? I have only tried it on an ipad over the same wifi (with success) is there a way to check if malware is the problem? i thought the norton did all that stuff automatically :o:o

I won't go the Norton bashing route with you but do you use MalwareBytes? If not you should install it and scan you system. The FREE version is all you need.

The very fact you can use those sites on another device over the same connection points to your Windows PC being the issue?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Actually, thinking about it further, Norton could well be the culprit itself. I'd still go ahead with the MalwareBytes scan but if that doesn't find anything nasty I would recommend disabling Norton temporarily and see if you can use the problematic sites with it disabled.

ok I will try the malwarebytes route, but those sites did work until a couple of days ago on this pc

found 3 and removed them all is working well for now I must run that malwarebytes everyday, thanks for the advice gadgetman496

Advertisement