Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open mic in Maynooth

• 02-01-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hey there

Is there an open mic night anywhere in Maynooth for musicians/poets etc?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

There is in McMahons (formerly Caulfields) upstairs on a week night. Not sure which night but you could call or pop in and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gile

Usually the open mic night on McMahons are on tuesday and/or thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

Thanks guys, im booked in for an upcoming Tuesday night in McMahons. Have you been to the open mic? Whats it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gile

I've been there only once, when two bands that I guy I know was managing/helping played. It's a pretty cool space but it's tight and small. There's not a lot of people going, I guess. I've never seem a lot of people talking about it(but that's just because they're usually more interested on nightclubs and things like that).
    I don't know how is the money thing, they've told me that last year it was free to get in on open mic nights, but it was 3 euro last time I've checked and I thing that's a big issue for people not going.

Advertisement