Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to efibre

Options
  • 02-01-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently joined Eircom (November) and got setup with home phone and 2nd generation broadband which is only in working order since December and was told at the time that efibre wasn't available to me at that line/location and they had no details of dates/future plans for efibre for my number.  Part of the package was for a free upgrade to efibre if/when it became available.  I was on your website today and I just entered my number and its now saying 6 weeks or so later that its an efibre enabled area/line.  Can someone check that this is correct for me or is there an error on your website at the moment or something?

Thanks for the help in advance 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I recently joined Eircom (November) and got setup with home phone and 2nd generation broadband which is only in working order since December and was told at the time that efibre wasn't available to me at that line/location and they had no details of dates/future plans for efibre for my number.  Part of the package was for a free upgrade to efibre if/when it became available.  I was on your website today and I just entered my number and its now saying 6 weeks or so later that its an efibre enabled area/line.  Can someone check that this is correct for me or is there an error on your website at the moment or something?

Hi adelcrowsmel

Please PM me your land line number and I'll check this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hi,

Hi adelcrowsmel

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks pm sent

Hi,

Hi adelcrowsmel

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks pm sent
    Hi adelcrowsmel

Yes I can see that the cabinet is due to go live on the 14th of Januart so you will be able to place your order to upgrade then.

Thanks
    Al

Hi,

Hi adelcrowsmel

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks pm sent
    Hi adelcrowsmel

Yes I can see that the cabinet is due to go live on the 14th of Januart so you will be able to place your order to upgrade then.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that Alan, just find it strange no one from eircom mentioned that it was planned that soon for my area. How do I go about ordering the free upgrade...online it just seems to be for people that are paying or being charged €53.  Thanks again for the help&good news thought I might be waiting alot longer for efibre.

Hi,

Hi adelcrowsmel

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks pm sent
    Hi adelcrowsmel

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for that Alan, just find it strange no one from eircom mentioned that it was planned that soon for my area. How do I go about ordering the free upgrade...online it just seems to be for people that are paying or being charged €53.  Thanks again for the help&good news thought I might be waiting alot longer for efibre.
    Hi adelcrowsmel

You can order online from that date but it can take up to 30 days to complete in some cases so I would recommend calling sales on free phone 1800503303 instead.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the information Alan - appreciate it!

Thanks for all the information Alan - appreciate it!
    No problem adelcrowsmel

Al

Just another quick question before I ring to look for the efibre upgrade.  I originally signed up for my bundle in Novemeber and it was a 12 month contract so if I now get the free upfgrade to efibre is that still the case i.e. would my contract still expire in Novemeber or would I be tied into a new contract and of what length?  Just want to look into this first as I know that Eircoms prices are going to be increasing from April and hence I would like to know before I sign up.  Thanks again

Just another quick question before I ring to look for the efibre upgrade.  I originally signed up for my bundle in Novemeber and it was a 12 month contract so if I now get the free upfgrade to efibre is that still the case i.e. would my contract still expire in Novemeber or would I be tied into a new contract and of what length?  Just want to look into this first as I know that Eircoms prices are going to be increasing from April and hence I would like to know before I sign up.  Thanks again
    Hi adelcrowsmel

I can confirm that upgrading to efibre commences a new 18 month contract. This would apply in all cases as efibre holds it's own terms & conditions.

Cheers
    Al

Hi adelcrowsmel

I can confirm that upgrading to efibre commences a new 18 month contract. This would apply in all cases as efibre holds it's own terms & conditions.

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks for the prompt reply Alan - that's good to know in advance. 

• Advertisement

Hi adelcrowsmel

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks for the prompt reply Alan - that's good to know in advance. 
    No worries, you're more than welcome

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement