Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa options if I have work lined up ?

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just want to know what my visa options if I have work lined up with a construction company called kiewit, we have to be there for the start of March and I really don't want to be waiting for the IEC visas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Summerhill10

McGeezerr wrote: »
    Just want to know what my visa options if I have work lined up with a construction company called kiewit, we have to be there for the start of March and I really don't want to be waiting for the IEC visas.

I'm in the very same boat have a job starting in March and have the letter of job offer? I don't think we have any hope without waiting for IEC to come around its a nightmare lucky enough to have a job offer very disappointing not to be able to get the ball rolling, can't really expect my employer to hold the job for months :-(

We can apply for residency now with express entry but even with that the employer has to get a LMIA for you at a cost off $1100 to him .. And all the website states is it should be processed in under 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

There is no faster route. Express Entry has replaced most of the schemes and that won't start till the end of January and definitely will take around 6 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

Advertisement