Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO 2015 World Championship

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

squadro wrote: »
    Fallon left double 16 but threw a single six and then took out double 13 with her second arrow to win. It's always like that in the commentary box.

lol did she think she was on 46 or something? :confused: They really should have a ref, whos job it is to call out scores required, not to have a speech impedimen. Who's fault was it?

Some of the ref errors on scorign has been terrible all week

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Had to be her fault as she had 3 arrows in hand and as far as I know the ref said fallon you require 32. Lucky it didn't cost her dear.

About to kick the tv in here so gonna hook laptop up and stream this match, at least it wont cut out every 15 seconds!

If you hear interview let me know what she says about it cos someone here carried out a coup on the remote control.

Heard it myself.she thought ref said 42 not 32.

• Advertisement

She's backstage having a few pints of brown ale now. Aay uup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cracking stuff from Durrant there, not missing much at all.

Bit of role play later on there for darth vader and his light sabre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

come to life at the end this game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Durant v smith final on Sunday hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I cannot believe Robbie lost 5-1

Yeah your fella Durrant played some great darts there, lost it a bit towards the end but was strong enough to take it out.

Is he playing Wolfie tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

I cannot believe Robbie lost 5-1
    I certainly can. There is tremendous strength in depth in the BDO and you never know who can emerge from the field. Jeff Smith is a classic example of this. Unknown before the tournament but has proved himself a brilliant player and ice cool on the doubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Devastator wrote: »
    Yeah your fella Durrant played some great darts there, lost it a bit towards the end but was strong enough to take it out.

Is he playing Wolfie tomorrow?

yup

yup

Hopefully we'll see more of the same again tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Poor old Sid ain't getting the reactions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just looked up a bit about Smith, apparently he had a PDC card in 2012 and 13, also played with Part in the pdc world cup. By the sounds of it he never really got the sponsorship behind him to give the full tour a proper go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Wolfie must be getting a say in the scheduling it was very unfair on Montgomery to be playing about 13-14 hours after and including doing media etc after beating waites,he hadn't enough time between games I see he's on again late tomorrow Adams,he gets great time in between matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Havent seen much of this unfortunately but I did see Smith take out Harms and just saw highlights of him taking out the gastropod!

Don't know much about throwing styles but he seems fluid and steady, would like to see him go on and win it.

TbL

Please let someone other than that utter prick Adams win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I certainly can. There is tremendous strength in depth in the BDO and you never know who can emerge from the field. Jeff Smith is a classic example of this. Unknown before the tournament but has proved himself a brilliant player and ice cool on the doubles.

Strength in depth, brilliant.

I enjoy the BDO but c'mon now let's not kid ourselves.
    This seems to be the worst year in a long time from what's I've seen.
    Not sure if the averages reflect that but Smith averaged 90 today, that's diabolical in a World quarter final.

Durrant has been the only player to impress me.
    Adams and Mitchell have been ok.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Strength in depth, brilliant.

I enjoy the BDO but c'mon now let's not kid ourselves.
    This seems to be the worst year in a long time from what's I've seen.
    Not sure if the averages reflect that but Smith averaged 90 today, that's diabolical in a World quarter final.

Durrant has been the only player to impress me.
    Adams and Mitchell have been ok.

I agree that the standard in the BDO seems to be dropping and the gulf to the PDC growing.

But players in the quarters and semis of the PDC have averaged less than 90.

But players in the quarters and semis of the PDC have averaged less than 90.

In the last 5 years only 1 person has had an average of less than 90 in 1/4s or 1/2s or PDC, Wade 2013 88 average losing to MVG in semi. There have been numerous 100+ averages from various players unlike the BDO

In the last 5 years only 1 person has had an average of less than 90 in 1/4s or 1/2s or PDC, Wade 2013 88 average losing to MVG in semi. There have been numerous 100+ averages from various players unlike the BDO

In 2012, the final was 93 v 90.8 and most scores from the quarters on were in the 92-93 bracket. That will be remembered as producing one of the great clashes.

2 years before then, Webster had an 88 in the PDC semis.

In 2009, outside your 5 year limit admittedly, 4 of the quarter finalists didn't break 90 and one match was 82 81.

None of which is to say that this years BDO is great, because clearly it's not. I just wouldn't draw much from a particular average and say that's what clinches it.

I agree that averages don't tell the full story Conor but I was replying to you saying PDC having less than 90, in which Wade is the only culprit. I thought 5 years was a fair timescale, we could go back 20 years and I'm sure find worse PDC averages. If we just compared this years tournaments the gulf is pretty huge.

Unfortunately for the BDO I see the differences increasing every year as there is very little incentive for the best BDO players to stick about and the overall quality is falling.

Saturday 2.30pm
    Jeff Smith v Scott Mitchell

Lisa Ashton v Fallon Sherrock (Not before 4.30pm)

Glen Durrant v Martin Adams (Not before 6.30pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

seanhynes wrote: »
    Tony green had said the best of order 4times already and he thought MITchell was throwing for the match just there he's as bad as ever this afternoon :pac:
    Its actually got to the stage were his health is concerning me. I've had 3 relatives suffer from dementia and alzheimers and the repetition of questions/phrases along with general confusion are major signs of trouble ahead

As I've said several times now, I think it's time for Greeny to do the honourable thing and retire... :o:o;)

Wolfie, as ridiculous as this sounds, could equal Barney on 5 world championships. Some of the 'top' players have been shocking this tournament and more and more taking on the PDC challenge opens for wolfie to be about the only 1 left!

He'd equal Brissy, too. :o;)

As I've said several times now, I think it's time for Greeny to do the honourable thing and retire... :o:o;)

He'd equal Brissy, too. :o;)

oh yeah, he's the commentator right? :p;)

Mitchell beating up Smith here, as Bobby George might say... :o

oh yeah, he's the commentator right? :p;)

Am I the only one here who calls him Greeny, then? :eek: :o:D;)

• Advertisement

Am I the only one here who calls him Greeny, then? :eek: :o:D;)

Well I don't but opps, my "oh yeah, he's the commentator right? tongue.pngwink.png" comment was in reply to you saying about Bristows 5 titles :D

Advertisement