Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance with existing medical problems

Options
  • 02-01-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi hope someone can help, I need to find out who is the best insurance company to go with if you have previous medical conditions? I don't have my own private medical insurance, any advice welcome thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

I use Getcover.ie and they cover me for Type1 diabetes for only an additional € 12.00 for annual cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 auds68

Thank Munstermissy I'll get in touch with them and see what they can offer me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some also limit cover if you are awaiting results of medical tests or are going to have a medical procedure done abroad, read the small print.

Thanks Atlantic Dawn will keep that in mind x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

auds68 wrote: »
    Hi hope someone can help, I need to find out who is the best insurance company to go with if you have previous medical conditions? I don't have my own private medical insurance, any advice welcome thanks.

Multitrip.com will certainly quote you, but will want a medical report.

Most of them have the same basic T&C's, anything related to your "pre-existing" condition will be excluded/limited, and (even with no pre-existing condition) travel for a medical procedure is generally excluded.

• Advertisement

Thanks Gerard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I use worldwideinsure, more expensive but cant fault them at all. Claim process couldn't be easier and full cover for my existing illness.

Advertisement